• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

that was a tight win, well played! I need to make better use of throwables. They’re the first thing I bin off when my bags are full because I’m an ammo and shield battery hog 🤦🏻‍♂️
Cheers buddy. I always try to have at least two on me at all times. I've lost count of the amount of times I could have polished off a reviving enemy with a grenade but got caught empty handed.

For a change, I decided to jump on the PC version this morning and have somehow racked up 2 wins already. Might stick with this version today and see how things go. It looks and runs so much smoother on PC that it makes it pretty jarring to go back to PS4.

Flintty

Cheers buddy. I always try to have at least two on me at all times. I've lost count of the amount of times I could have polished off a reviving enemy with a grenade but got caught empty handed.

For a change, I decided to jump on the PC version this morning and have somehow racked up 2 wins already. Might stick with this version today and see how things go. It looks and runs so much smoother on PC that it makes it pretty jarring to go back to PS4.

Yeah I love the PC version. The game dropped just when I got my first gaming PC and I had a great time, but I just can’t get over the difficulty curve. I need to put in more hours to get used to kb/m.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
The character I'm most interested in is Valk but she isn't coming until this time next year more than likely. Having an ultimate that can propel you up and you can escape to another part of the map just sounds so nice to me.

Flintty

The character I'm most interested in is Valk but she isn't coming until this time next year more than likely. Having an ultimate that can propel you up and you can escape to another part of the map just sounds so nice to me.

Definitely a good ability to have after picking up your teams cards! First I’ve heard of this character.

Tesseract

Banned

that will probably end up being a utility item, i suspect

we'll see

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Definitely a good ability to have after picking up your teams cards! First I’ve heard of this character.
She was part of the datamine a while ago, whether they stay legit or not is the question.

that will probably end up being a utility item, i suspect

we'll see
Don't destroy my dreams 😭😭

So if Loba is a loot snatched and we are having this set daily loot event before she appears it really makes you think. 🤔

If Respawn go through with dropping the Volt and Loba on the split I'd be very impressed and they can stick to the regular schedule afterwards. A nice bonus for the fans, if not then S5 for new weapons was more interesting than S4.

Tesseract

Banned
EA's servers have shat the bed good and proper. Origin won't connect, Apex offline on PS4. Why does this shit always happen on weekends :messenger_angry:
source.gif

Flintty

I don’t know what it is about ranked but my win to get last weeks weekly out of the way continues to evade me.

finished 2nd twice today, which gave me a boost towards silver but at this point, I think moving up a bracket would be bad for me 😬

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know must read/see articles/video's for beginners? I've got a friend that wants to you my team of 2, but he has never played this. I was wondering what was good content to get him up to speed. Because a lot has changed over the past year, so it's not always easy to just give him a 101 video of February 2019.

Tesseract

Banned
Does anyone know must read/see articles/video's for beginners? I've got a friend that wants to you my team of 2, but he has never played this. I was wondering what was good content to get him up to speed. Because a lot has changed over the past year, so it's not always easy to just give him a 101 video of February 2019.

good question, i'll try to find some videos and stuff later today

Mista

Banned
Decided to make the patch notes in a post better. Here I go *pathfinders voice*

META CHANGES
BLOODHOUND

Designer note: The intent is for Bloodhound to use their tactical as they are approaching towns pre-combat versus reacting while in a fight.

• Increased the scan distance for Eye of the Allfather by 3x.
    • Increased time to activate: .4s -> .8s
    • Increased duration of scan: 2s -> 3s
GIBRALTAR

• Gun Shield health reduced: 75 -> 50.
CRYPTO

• Primary weapons will now automatically reload while in drone view.
INVENTORY UPDATE

• Base inventory slots increased 8 -> 10.
    • Common Backpack: expands inventory to 12 slots.
    • Rare Backpack: expands inventory to 14 slots.
    • Epic Backpack: expands inventory to 16 slots.
  • Grenade stacks reduced to 2 -> 1.
  • Light / Heavy / Energy ammo stacks reduced from 80 -> 60.
  • Syringe and Shield Cell stacks reduced from 6 -> 4.
  • Med Kit and Shield Battery stacks reduced from 3 -> 2.
PEACEKEEPER

• Mag size reduced from 6 -> 5.
  • Increased reload time from 2.5s -> 2.65s.
  • Increased reload time with empty mag from 3.5s -> 3.6s.
  • Slightly increased the scale of the blast pattern from 1.6 -> 1.7.
SENTINEL

• Base damage increased from 65 -> 70
  • Reduced time it takes to rechamber from 1.85s -> 1.75s.

QUALITY OF LIFE
  • Muzzle flash adjustments:
    • Reduced the intensity of muzzle flash while aiming down the sight for all weapons except shotties and snipers
  • Red dot has been added to the iron sights for Prowler and L-STAR; iron sights dot will stay properly centered during weapon sway and bob movements.
  • Heirloom crafting
    • We’re changing up the Heirloom system to make it easier for you to acquire the heirloom you want. Instead of an entire Heirloom set dropping at once, you’ll now receive Heirloom shards. You can then use those shards to pick the exact Heirloom set you’d like. The shards will have the same drop rate as the previous system, so that after 500 Apex Packs, you will have enough Heirloom Shards to obtain an Heirloom set from the Heirloom shop. And don’t worry, your existing progress towards the 500 Apex Packs will carry over with the switch. Remember that once a player owns all of the Heirloom sets, the player will not be eligible to receive more shards until more Heirloom Sets are added to the game.

BUG FIXES
  • Fixed bug for cases where Bangalore would appear invisible when equipped with certain skins. The Apex Overdrive and Killer B skins have been re-enabled now for affected players.
  • For cases where sometimes Revenant’s Ultimate Totem could be destroyed or disabled when placed too close to some geometry, it will now be refunded back to the player at full charge when this happens.
  • Fixed a bug for where sometimes players would enter a match with a different character than they selected, and all loadouts being set back to default after the match.
  • Cleaned up some areas around World’s Edge with bad collision or provided ways for players to exploit them.
  • Fixed an exploit near Geyser where players could climb to a spot that provided an unfair advantage.
  • Fix for cases where players were able to punch and shoot enemies clipping through doors and other areas with thin geo.
  • Fixed bug for cases where full-auto mode would be disabled when players equipped the Anvil Receiver hop-up while in single-fire mode for R-301 or Flatline.
  • Fix for cases where there could be a delay with firing the Havoc after cancelling a reload.
  • Fixed a bug where players could place Gibraltar’s Dome Shield on Crypto’s Drone allowing the Dome to be mobile while in use.
  • Fixed bug for cases where players were able to reroll Daily Challenges without being charged the Legends Tokens for reroll.
  • Fixed a bug for cases where unlocking new badges would not trigger the red dot notification to make players aware a new badge is available.
  • Fixed a bug where if players were respawned while spectating someone under Revenant’s death protection, they would return in that state permanently and unable to use heal items.
  • Fixed players getting assist credit by using abilities that place status effects (e.g. Crypto Drone, Revenant tactical etc) on enemies after they are knocked down.
  • Fixes for cases where the Store would show placeholder images when content would be slow to load.
  • Fix for cases where audio from Wattson’s skydive emote would continue to play after she lands.
  • Stability fixes to reduce crashing and script errors.
  • Various stability and polish bug fixes for Firing Range.

Top Bottom