• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Mista

Banned
Starting on April 7, Duos will be added to the game alongside Trios, as well a permanent map rotation that gives players the ability to play Duos or Trios on Kings Canyon and Worlds Edge.

In addition to Duos and Kings Canyon coming on April 7, we also have a brand-new limited-time event - The Old Ways Lore Event, which features:
  • New Town Takeover - Bloodhound’s Trials
  • Exclusive Event Prize Track
  • Direct Purchase Shop
    • New Event Limited Cosmetics
    • Return of Legendary Hunt Skins

New Town Takeover - Bloodhound’s Trials

The Old Ways Exclusive Event Prize Track

As part of the Old Ways Event, you’ll have the chance to complete daily challenges and earn exclusive cosmetics inspired by the latest Stories from the Outlands: The Old Ways digital short. We've been seeing a lot of positive feedback from players in regards to the prize track we introduced with Grand Soiree and continued with System Override, and with The Old Ways event we're delivering an all-new prize track with the following rewards:

WsCsLvlnz113

Direct Purchase Shop

New exclusive skins that tie-in to The Old Ways digital short, similar to the Wraith skin from last September's Voidwalker event. There’s also a mix of legendary and rare skins inspired by the aesthetics and themes of the short. The full schedule for these items is below:

Ws7xpwCyfyi

The Old Ways Event marks the return of the Legendary Hunt Skins. All 8 of the original Legendary Hunt Skins will be on offer for direct purchase in addition to 2 recolored variants of the Wraith and R-301 skins that were exclusive to battle pass owners. As with before, these are still event exclusive so they won’t be available outside special occasions.

nIS2wvXiQrQI

Helios

as well a permanent map rotation that gives players the ability to play Duos or Trios on Kings Canyon and Worlds Edge.
any info on what this means exactly? Is the rotation still a seasonal one? Does this apply to casual as well or am I still stuck with playing World's Edge till the heat death of the universe?

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Looking forward to free shit to close this season with. Is it wrong to assume another map is coming with S5 or would that be getting ahead of myself? Maybe S6.

That's the battle pass maxed on PS4. I'm at 50 on PC, might try to get it done too seeing as I'm home for at least the next two weeks. I wish the game was cross save tbh. Want my cool shit on PC yo.

Had three or four wins across PC and PS4 tonight but gat dayum, it's shot-in-the-back-ops out here. Doesn't help when team mates directly disobey advice.

"Don't run out in the circle by yourself to take on 3 teams......"

"Hold my sugar-free pepsi!"

Squad Wipe

bellome

I can't play anymore.

The character refuses to sprint continuously. It sprints for a couple of steps at max and then stops.

PS4

I feel sad, please tell me there is a workaround to this issue.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I can't play anymore.

The character refuses to sprint continuously. It sprints for a couple of steps at max and then stops.

PS4

I feel sad, please tell me there is a workaround to this issue.
It had happened to me once or twice but I thought it was my controller being garbage. See what it's like tomorrow when the patch comes out.

I like that Lifeline change, I was wondering what the blue bins were about. As expected, Bloodhound trials is an utter shitshow at the minute. The entire plane emptied into it on my first match 😂

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Just started playing on PS4 again and either taking a week or two off fucked me up mobility wise or this game is fucked. Feels like I'm moving around underwater and pushing against Resistance. I swear the game was more fluid than this.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
WHOA this game is a piece of shit right now. Seeing if I fixed my problem on PS4 and went to Shooting Range and I ended up in a game on KC then it kicked me. That's a yikes from me Respawn.

The game just feels like a mess now. Either the hit detection is broken or they have somehow managed to fuck up lag compensation even more.

Lost a 1v1 against a player with a stock P2020 and lvl1 armor, whereas I had a lvl3 shield and a golden 301. I'm not great, but that just doesn't happen. Almost every match we played tonight had those moments, so fuck this shit.

And that RNG "buff" for Lifeline is just a kick in the head on the corpse of that character.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
so yeah, these revenant buffs are fucking excellent

double silence with 20 second timers, i'm basically doctor strange out there on the fucking battlefields

208680.gif

50% regen on the totem is nasty, makes stop and pop bum rush maneuvers super viable

rip pro players who hide behind abilities lol

i haven't slept in about 69 hours but imma be playing until at least the morning, absolutely feeling it tonight

Banned
Revenant is finally a character that's usable. before he was as useless as it gets, his ultimate was basically suicide in 90% of all fighting scenarios and his silence was so damn weak it was mostly used for additional damage basically like a super weak grenade

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Amazing how they keep giving the heirlooms better animations but keep fucking Wraith out of improving hers.

I figured out what it was fucking me up, someone was hurting Netflix at the same time. But post patch this game still is a bit of a mess. I've been getting crazy error messages.

Bloodhound skins are good. I'm just waiting for my time. When are my characters getting their shit? I'm not paying 3 digits for it early though.

Man this game makes me feel like a scrub like no other. Nearly at silver rank and think I'll be the worst person in silver, I've been totally carried here.

I know roughly what I'm doing it's just that I lose almost every gunfight I'm in. I don't even know why, I'm not that bad an aim in other games but in this, sheesh, I just get wrecked.

Tesseract

Banned
Man this game makes me feel like a scrub like no other. Nearly at silver rank and think I'll be the worst person in silver, I've been totally carried here.

I know roughly what I'm doing it's just that I lose almost every gunfight I'm in. I don't even know why, I'm not that bad an aim in other games but in this, sheesh, I just get wrecked.

the skill ceiling is really high, just keep playing and have fun

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member

You'll get better. How long have you been playing? I played casually from March to June then went in hard at the beginning of S2 and properly learned the game. Took me about 4 months of playing every day to get to grips with it. The game is skilled based but it's also luck based too with enemy positioning and what decisions you made. You'll ascend, I'd have suggested pubs but since SBMM is ruthless now it's best to learn in ranked. You can do it. 🙏🙏

You'll get better. How long have you been playing? I played casually from March to June then went in hard at the beginning of S2 and properly learned the game. Took me about 4 months of playing every day to get to grips with it. The game is skilled based but it's also luck based too with enemy positioning and what decisions you made. You'll ascend, I'd have suggested pubs but since SBMM is ruthless now it's best to learn in ranked. You can do it. 🙏🙏

Not even three weeks yet, and I only picked up my PC 3 weeks ago too so I've only been using KB&M that long as well.

It's an awesome game, I'm loving it and can see some improvement for sure. I'm playing ranked every day and have ascended to silver mainly due to the fact you don't lose rank points in bronze. I'll keep at it in ranked - if a game has a ranked mode I'll play it no matter how bad I am. For some reason I'm a sucker for ranked modes in games, I seek them out lol.

Quick question - the legends seem kinda expensive, any worth dropping money on? I currently main Bludhundeh and Lifeline; tried Gibraltar but didn't get on so well.

Knowing what fights to take in what situation counts for a lot in this game. As others have said, it'll take time but when the gunplay is that good, it shouldn't be a chore.

Had a sweaty ending to a match last night.

Jumped back to Lifeline to check out those bins, and this "buff" seems even worse than I had imagined. Out of 10-something bins opened, the most impressive loot we found in the hidden compartment was 3x knockdown shields lvl 1. :messenger_neutral: RIP Lifeline.

Last edited:

Alx

Quick question - the legends seem kinda expensive, any worth dropping money on? I currently main Bludhundeh and Lifeline; tried Gibraltar but didn't get on so well.

As someone who's also bad at shooting (for months I wouldn't win any 1 on 1 encounter), I had good results with Caustic and Crypto. The former lets you be creative with his poison kegs and ultras, useful both for defense and offense. And with the latter you can be very useful to your teammates, finding a good hiding spot and highlighting enemies for them (it won't help you improve much on your shooting though).
The first legend I bought was Mirage, whose holograms can be used to compensate for a lack of skills in shootouts, but not by much (and I think most players are now used to spotting and ignoring his holograms)

Last edited:
Jumped back to Lifeline to check out those bins, and this "buff" seems even worse than I had imagined. Out of 10-something bins opened, the most impressive loot we found in the hidden compartment was 3x knockdown shields lvl 1. :messenger_neutral: RIP Lifeline.
Your luck must have been off. I only played her for about 4 or 5 games on Tuesday and got lvl 2 and 3 knockdown shields, lvl 3 light and heavy mags and a 3x sight. Also the usual shields and meds. I think it's a nice addition.

Gonna give Revenant a proper go today after all his buffs. I expect his silence charges to get knocked back down to one before long.

Well, it goes with the rest of our "luck" then. I swear this game is just targeting our squad at this point. But whatever, Lifeline needs a real buff, not this RNG shit.

Hell, the buff I suggested (where her revives would give back more health) sort of went to Revenant instead, wtf.

Well, it goes with the rest of our "luck" then. I swear this game is just targeting our squad at this point. But whatever, Lifeline needs a real buff, not this RNG shit.

Hell, the buff I suggested (where her revives would give back more health) sort of went to Revenant instead, wtf.
I could get behind that buff. I'm surprised they gave Rev as much as they did. I expected the health to be 25 after a totem death. All the other stuff is bonus.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Don't spend real money on them. If you play enough you'll eventually be able to buy them with in game points. Took me a few months when I was new on casual play to get Octane, Caustic and Mirage but I have so many points now I could easily buy 10 Legends at least.

Mirage, Octane and Crypto aren't great though and have very personal usage, Caustic is decent but not very helpful, Wattson has the best team mate use as long as the people you're playing with aren't stupid. Revenant was really mediocre but after this buff he got a few days ago I'm seeing him played A LOT more already. But it depends how you wanna play, Octane and Mirage NEED to be buffed down the line.

Don't spend real money on them. If you play enough you'll eventually be able to buy them with in game points. Took me a few months when I was new on casual play to get Octane, Caustic and Mirage but I have so many points now I could easily buy 10 Legends at least.

Mirage, Octane and Crypto aren't great though and have very personal usage, Caustic is decent but not very helpful, Wattson has the best team mate use as long as the people you're playing with aren't stupid. Revenant was really mediocre but after this buff he got a few days ago I'm seeing him played A LOT more already. But it depends how you wanna play, Octane and Mirage NEED to be buffed down the line.
Mirage buffs are in the works according to one of Respawns developers. No word on what they are yet though.

As someone who's also bad at shooting (for months I wouldn't win any 1 on 1 encounter), I had good results with Caustic and Crypto. The former lets you be creative with his poison kegs and ultras, useful both for defense and offense. And with the latter you can be very useful to your teammates, finding a good hiding spot and highlighting enemies for them (it won't help you improve much on your shooting though).
The first legend I bought was Mirage, whose holograms can be used to compensate for a lack of skills in shootouts, but not by much (and I think most players are now used to spotting and ignoring his holograms)

Thanks both, think I'll stick with bloodhound and lifeline for a while then.

Man the guns seem to kick a lot in this game.

How does the climb mechanic work? Loads of times my teammates scale a wall that I just can't. Dunno what I'm doing wrong.

You need to hold the jump button down to climb up walls.

Thanks, I didn't know that! 15 hours in and I didn't know to hold the damn space bar.

Got carried to silver this evening, even got a win though I did literally nothing and got respawned and revived. Lol I'm such a burden.

Top Bottom