• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Man I sucked horribly today, barely even hit anyone let alone get a knock. It got to the point that I was even forgetting what button to press - so demoralising after watching streamers today wreck fools like it's the easiest thing in the world and yet when I get in a fight, I spin around like a headless chicken wondering where the bullets are coming from and then I crawl under a rock spamming my knockdown shield.

Apparently I need to listen to where footsteps and shots are coming from or something? Seems impossible, it's all just a panic blur of confusion on my part.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
It is hard sometimes to keep tabs on the chaos. I won two games today so far and the first one was me just running around like a headless chicken in the last three duos but we won so. 🤷‍♂️

Second win though dropped solo in duos and just played if safe. Didn't even think I'd get it but you GOTTA BELIEVE.

Call me that non existent Xbox One exclusive cuz I'm going in third party.

Tesseract

Banned
IXK1.gif

Last edited:
Man I'm definitely getting worse at this flipping game. I can't even get a kill in casual now against level 3s and such like (and they all have 20 kills at like level 5, how is that even possible) and I'm just awful. I'm back to not winning any gunfights and I don't know what I'm doing wrong or even how to start to improve.

When I was playing Overwatch, at least it was usually obvious what I was doing wrong but in this, I have no clue. OW you could improve at match awareness and situational play but in this for me it's just run around from building to building and then get shot - what did I do wrong? Dunno? Should I have turned left instead or right? Maybe, how would I have known that?

I don't know why I'm not getting any better - I'm playing almost every day. Any other hobby you would see improvement but I'm not really at all. Ok - so I now loot a little faster - that's it.

I dunno how ya'll got so good. Everyone seems to be able to know where to go, what to do, and how to land shots. I see this talk about skulltown being nuked. Um, ok, so what? I barely know that's a place on the map, I have no strong feelings about it and I don't understand how anyone could. Same with the lore - wtf is an Apex anyway?

Which characters do you pick? Try using Bloodhound and learn to time the scans right. Having eyes on the enemy helps a lot, and it also teaches you enemy movement and traversal patterns.

Which characters do you pick? Try using Bloodhound and learn to time the scans right. Having eyes on the enemy helps a lot, and it also teaches you enemy movement and traversal patterns.
I was using Bloodhound and recently switched to Caustic for the damage reduction and I thought the gas send useful for me too. Maybe I'll switch back.

When I was using Bloodhound, most of the time even when I hit on a scan I wouldn't see the people anywhere, just that it wouldn't say 'no hostiles' I still wouldn't see any glowing enemies so dunno what's up with that.

Regardless of who I use, I still can't aim or know where to go. Also I hear people say that they hear people on left or right etc, how?! I'm not sure my headphones even give me surround sound in that way, I just hear steps or shots but have no clue of the direction.

Alx

Caustic is a good choice to have a better control of your environment. I wouldn't count too much on the damage reduction though (it was added to compensate for a larger hitbox IIRC, so in the end it should balance out). But his abilities help avoiding being surprised or outflanked. You can put his kegs at key points or near entrances, and they'll warn you anytime someone walks by, even if you're far away yourself. The kegs can also be used to hide from snipers, or keep opponents away for a few seconds if you hide by them and trigger them yourself.
And of course his ultra can be useful both as offense and defense, if you go and hide in the toxic cloud.

Boss Mog

Can't say I'm excited to return to King's Canyon. The map is too small and too empty. I'm assuming the underground factory will be a small thing and not be under the whole map. A 2 level map would be really cool but I doubt they did this.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I was a lifeline main from season 1 to season 4. When Bloodhound got his buff I started playing him as a main. I mostly play duos (Wraith/Bloodhound), so we don't necessarily need lifeline for her healing.

Can't say I'm excited to return to King's Canyon. The map is too small and too empty. I'm assuming the underground factory will be a small thing and not be under the whole map. A 2 level map would be really cool but I doubt they did this.

I'm honestly bored to death with both maps at this point, but I'd be up for some dramatic changes to Kings Canyon for sure. I get that characters is what makes bank, but I'd be a lot more excited about seeing some real changes to the maps than another character reveal.

I was a lifeline main from season 1 to season 4. When Bloodhound got his buff I started playing him as a main. I mostly play duos (Wraith/Bloodhound), so we don't necessarily need lifeline for her healing.

Yeah, that's me as well, though I'll occassionally switch to playing Wraith when my team mates need to be reminded of the value of having a tracker on the team :messenger_smiling_horns:

Sort of wish I had made the switch to Bloodhound sooner, but I still play Lifeline from time to time just because I miss the character lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that's me as well, though I'll occassionally switch to playing Wraith when my team mates need to be reminded of the value of having a tracker on the team :messenger_smiling_horns:

Sort of wish I had made the switch to Bloodhound sooner, but I still play Lifeline from time to time just because I miss the character lol.
Have the exact same feeling, in the beginning I never really cared about Bloodhound tracking, but now I wouldn't want to miss it. Basics like knowing someone was here 15sec ago is great, combined with Wraith's "someone's targeting me". Quick scan, and we know where they are.

The only thing I have a problem with is when I scan the area, sometimes it says 1 or 2 hostiles nearby, but I don't always see them. Is there an indicator in which direction I should be looking?

Have the exact same feeling, in the beginning I never really cared about Bloodhound tracking, but now I wouldn't want to miss it. Basics like knowing someone was here 15sec ago is great, combined with Wraith's "someone's targeting me". Quick scan, and we know where they are.

The only thing I have a problem with is when I scan the area, sometimes it says 1 or 2 hostiles nearby, but I don't always see them. Is there an indicator in which direction I should be looking?
I would also like to know this as I have that problem too.

Mista

Banned

I would also like to know this as I have that problem too.
If you scan and it detects hostiles but you can’t see them, then they’re either behind you or on your sides. Especially with the massive scan radius now its covering more space. You wanna be a tracker? Better get that eyes moving faster.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
If you scan and it detects hostiles but you can’t see them, then they’re either behind you or on your sides. Especially with the massive scan radius now its covering more space. You wanna be a tracker? Better get that eyes moving faster.
I would prefer an indicator like when I get shot, I get an indicator of where the shot came from :) Also when they have so much advanced technology, how could it be that it is able to scan a hostile but not let me know where he is. He needs another buff :)

Caustic is a good choice to have a better control of your environment. I wouldn't count too much on the damage reduction though (it was added to compensate for a larger hitbox IIRC, so in the end it should balance out). But his abilities help avoiding being surprised or outflanked. You can put his kegs at key points or near entrances, and they'll warn you anytime someone walks by, even if you're far away yourself. The kegs can also be used to hide from snipers, or keep opponents away for a few seconds if you hide by them and trigger them yourself.
And of course his ultra can be useful both as offense and defense, if you go and hide in the toxic cloud.

I didn't even know I could shoot them myself. That'll teach me for not looking up a Caustic guide. Just watched one and played a couple of casual trios and did much better. Not in terms of placing really but I felt better in gunfights. I got 3 kills, and felt I was using the kegs much better.

I need to not get so salty at some bad matches.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
S6 is gonna be a new map.

oLsciO9.jpg

His head got teleported to Octane and Lifeline's home planet. Bigger things to come.

Banned
I would prefer an indicator like when I get shot, I get an indicator of where the shot came from :) Also when they have so much advanced technology, how could it be that it is able to scan a hostile but not let me know where he is. He needs another buff :)

he's absolutely fine the way he is now. that crazy range for his scan after the buff is insanely helpful, and his ultimate now lasts for ages if used correctly.

you can scan half of Skull ton with him ffs! that's crazy!

I think my squad needs to go to call-out school or something. Nothing like trying to save the day and taking on an enemy team on your own while having your knocked down team mates fill your ear with nuggets of tactical wisdom such as "they're bleeding, shoot them!" or "they're there, hit them!"

Had a team mate run off by himself, get downed, I picked him up, he ran off by himself again, got downed, picked him up, ran off again, got downed, I tried to point out a location to shuffle to so I could safely pick him up, he was shouting "no, no, they're fighting" while the team was taking shots at his downed body. He died and starting telling me how bad I was. He had 300 damage to my 700. I don't understand how these brains works.

Some people are just in the habit of blaming everyone but themselves when they fail. I used to play with a guy like that, in his mind he hasn't made a bad play in his entire gaming career... it's all because he has bad team mates. Needless to say, he has had a hard time finding a regular squad. :messenger_neutral:

I wish they would get rid of this whole PvE thing. The Bloodhound area takeover sucked and the newly revealed stuff doesn't look any better. If I wanted to play versus AI, I wouldn't be playing an online multiplayer game. Make Apex human again!

Liking what I've seen of the map changes so far though, fuck Skull Town and all the dummies who insist on landing there. Loba seems interesting.

D.Final

Banned
It is hard sometimes to keep tabs on the chaos. I won two games today so far and the first one was me just running around like a headless chicken in the last three duos but we won so. 🤷‍♂️

Second win though dropped solo in duos and just played if safe. Didn't even think I'd get it but you GOTTA BELIEVE.

Call me that non existent Xbox One exclusive cuz I'm going in third party.

Great

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Just gotta wait 23 hours. 😑😑😑

Played as Redditbot yesterday in duos and got 5 kills before Round 1 even ended effortlessly. Is this why all the kids like him? Ez mode.

Top Bottom