• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
How would a new player fare in this game after it has been out for more than a year? I’m no stranger to shooters, but Destiny 2 has dominated pretty much all of my gaming time so I put off a ton of games that I just never got around to. Taking a break from Destiny, and I want to jump into Apex Legends. Should I expect to get shitted on?
It's mostly about your aim, if that's decent you can quickly learn which weapons to use and how to navigate while in combat. My aim was shit when I started last year, I think my K/D ratio was 0.3 or something, at the moment it's 1.25 which is good for me. I play very defensive :)

Tesseract

Banned
ranked randoms, let's do this

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Alx

Some of Loba's rare (blue) outfits look better than many legendary ones. I usually keep my blue currency for legendary items, but for 60 of them the flowery or leopard outfits are a steal.

Alx

So what's the deal with Loba's "hunt" ? I got my 5 treasure packs, got the two-guns icon with a "follow Loba's instructions" message, and... nothing ? I tried playing a game with her and couldn't notice anything special, nor got any event unlocked ? The next chapter still appears as locked.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
So what's the deal with Loba's "hunt" ? I got my 5 treasure packs, got the two-guns icon with a "follow Loba's instructions" message, and... nothing ? I tried playing a game with her and couldn't notice anything special, nor got any event unlocked ? The next chapter still appears as locked.
First mission won't unlock until this Tuesday. It only takes 5 treasure packs to unlock but one mission releases every 7 days.

Alx

Thanks.
In the meantime it's a bit annoying to have the "mission unlocked, follow Loba's instructions" screen pop up after each match if all we have to do is wait.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks.
In the meantime it's a bit annoying to have the "mission unlocked, follow Loba's instructions" screen pop up after each match if all we have to do is wait.
Super annoying. I think they didn't test this part properly and will remove it with the next update. Looking forward to that first quest though, mostly because I have no clue what to expect except playing in King's Canyon in the dark with Prowler Monster in halloween mode.

RPS37

Seriously, playing on Xbox and PlayStation. The moment to moment gameplay loop of this game is just straight nuts. I mostly only play the same legend when I play but today I looked at what the other legends have for passive abilities and I was just like, “wtf that would be dope”
Also, what does a next gen update for the game even look like?
the graphics are already so damn good on the X and the Pro.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Really, really like the "new" Kings Canyon, not at all missing World's Edge. And aside from Lifeline feeling a bit useless and that weird nerf to Pathfinder, I don't think the game has ever felt more well balanced than it is now. Weapons, character abilities, everything just feels "right."
There's only one issue I have at the moment which is hitbox registration, that's pretty shit at the moment. For the rest I agree with everything you said, it's really good at the moment

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I personally hate this new King's Canyon cuz all the little kids who wanna dopamine rush at Skull Town don't know what the FUCK to do anymore and I have to be stuck with them on randoms for the long game.

Played one game with Caustic on duos while charging my phone. To say I'm happy about it is an understatement. The Mirage I was with was killing everyone while I was just fucking around then in the last five I carried and rezzed him so it's all good.

PSYGN

Maybe you're just missing? Maybe my aim is awesome and it's just 'hitbox registration'? Lol. How do you know?

Nah it's an issue with the game that the devs are working on fixing. The game will show that it registered (blood splatter or even audio feedback) but won't count. Here is one I took over the weekend.

Batiman

Banned
Why did they nerf my boy pathfinder? He’s my main but he always felt the least useful. I swear they the timer on his grapple changed twice in the last 3 days unless I’m just trippin

Alx

Eh, servers died as soon as Loba's quest got activated. Go figure.

*e - quest achieved. I wonder why I had to wait so long in "matchmaking" for a single player game.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
i like that skull was obliterated, there's a better distribution of fights now throughout the map

the new areas are a lot of fun to fight in, they learned a lot between king launch and edge s03 on

especially good cover and poking around the capsule corp buildings

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
Is there always something gold in that little forest now? Seems like it. No one seems to go there because everytime I pass by that spot late in the game there’s something golden left untouched. I feel like everyone’s dropping in the same 2 spots or something. It also seems to be easier to win for me now. Have about 6 wins since the update and always play with randoms on ranked. Still rocking pathfinder, but Lobas pretty dope. Love her ring move.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Is there always something gold in that little forest now? Seems like it. No one seems to go there because everytime I pass by that spot late in the game there’s something golden left untouched. I feel like everyone’s dropping in the same 2 spots or something. It also seems to be easier to win for me now. Have about 6 wins since the update and always play with randoms on ranked. Still rocking pathfinder, but Lobas pretty dope. Love her ring move.
what forest, the one by barracks?

there's a lot of great loot in there

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
That quest was a bit disappointing to be honest. Way too easy, it gets harder and harder the further we go. It basically had auto aim...

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
It's a free piece of SP content in a BR though. People shouldn't have expected so much. I played it earlier as Wattson. It was okay.
The length of it, and the goal was fine for me. It's more about the simplicity. Lose the auto aim, and maybe mix it up with different type of enemies in the future. That's it, the rest was fine.

Alx

It's a free piece of SP content in a BR though. People shouldn't have expected so much. I played it earlier as Wattson. It was okay.

I should try it with Wattson... I played with Caustic, using the canister and gas cloud to hurt the beasts was fun, although I don't think I ever was in big danger. I lost on my first try because I got lost trying to reach the ship (I thought I could use the doors to climb to the roof like in regular games).

Boss Mog

I'm enjoying the game again. Seems like they brought back stricter SBMM from season 3. Last season was crappy for me cause every match would have at least one team of 20k+ kills, apex predator, double hammer, 20-skull, etc, many of which are cheaters (mouse on console, autofire p2020 or hemlock, etc...). Wins were few and far between. It's just not fun as a weekend warrior to go up against people that play this shit all day everyday. It's like if you were just starting out as an amateur tennis player and all of a sudden they put you on the court with Nadal or Federer playing at their best. It won't be a fun time and its a match nobody would care to watch.

Of course these no-lifers are gonna bitch that they can't steamroll over "newbs" like they want to, cause i guess it's the only way they can feel good about themselves. Hopefully Respawn won't listen to them. So many FPS games died out because they listened to their "community" which really only consists of a small amount of "pro" players that frequent the official forums and just want to make it so they can have an easier time winning. They're not representative at all of the majority of the playerbase, especially in a free-to-play game.

For me the game is only fun when the other teams are around my team's level. Easily winning every match would be no fun, nor is getting destroyed in 2 seconds in every match. The game play works when there's good fights , you'll win some, lose some, but you'll remember them if they were really close and hard-fought.

As for the quests, I think the first one was simple so people could see what they were about, I'm guessing the next ones will get progressively more involved and harder.

Alx

I'm starting to get a hang of Loba's bracelet. At least now I mostly appear at the place I expected, instead of just blindly teleporting in a given direction and hoping for the best. :p

Top Bottom