• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends Season 2: Battle Charge | New Legend, Mode, Battle Pass, and more

Mista

Banned
Apex-Legends_06-08-19.jpg

Respawn Entertainment laid out official Apex Legends Season 2 info, and announced that the Apex Legends Season 2 release date is set for July 2! There’s also going to be a new Apex Legends hero, a new weapon and more.

They added challenges. Challenges will come in the form as daily and weekly, and will stack, so you won’t miss them. Badges and stat trackers will no longer be a thing, and three new content types will make their way into the battle pass

Battle Pass will include more skins and cosmetics, crafting medals which will enable players to craft a legendary cosmetic of their choosing by the time you reach level 100. Additionally, four legendary skins, were announced — two for Legends and two for weapons.

New Weapon: L-Star

apex-legends-l-star.png

New Legend: Wattson

Here is an overview of Wattson:
Wattson – Static Defender

“Power is everything. You only think you have it.”

• Home World: Solace
  • Tactical Ability: Perimeter Security – Connect nodes to create electrified fences that damage and slow enemies.
  • Passive Ability: Spark of Genius – Ultimate Accelerants fully charge your Ultimate Ability, and standing near interception pylons boosts your Tactical Ability recharge.
  • Ultimate Ability: Interception Pylon – Place an electrified pylon that destroys incoming ordnance and repairs damaged shields as long as it stands. (Max: 3)
Natalie “Wattson” Paquette is a familiar face in the Apex Games, though for a different reason than most. Daughter of the Games’ lead electrical engineer, she studied his manuals to stay close to him, and discovered her calling at a young age. Though she could be completely distracted one moment and hyper-focused the next, electricity grounded her – its ordered, predictable flow made sense in a way the rest of the world didn’t.

She devoured every book she could on the subject, and eventually became such a skilled engineer that she was commissioned to build the Apex Games’ Modified Containment Ring. Unfortunately, her father died the day it was revealed, leaving her alone. At her lowest moment, a group of competitors invited her to return to the arena with them, assuring her she would always have a home. She now fights alongside her friends in the arena she helped build, destroying incoming missiles, recharging shields, creating fences, and using her pylon to silence fights that get too loud. Nobody knows the arena better than Wattson – anyone who underestimates her is in for a shock.
Screen-Shot-2019-06-08-at-8-49-09-PM.png

New Mode: Ranked

Through it, players will be able to improve their rank with each match they play, kill they earn and challenge they complete, starting from the lowest rank of bronze and working their way up through six total tiers to the highest Apex Predator rank.

Doing so will offer players more than bragging rights though. Based on their rank, players will be able to unlock rewards at the end of the season they can carry over into the next season of content.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I ain't touching this game inbetween the seasons but it was all good info they showcased. Wattson will either change or the game or people will jusy say she's trash. Shroud didn't really seem that bothered about her.

waylo

Banned
Said it in the other thread. I don't want more characters that promote camping and hiding. The game is the best BR out there because of how fast and aggressive the playstyle is. The fact they mentioned they don't want that makes me kinda nervous about the game going forward.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
ranked mode is dope

wattson i think will be good, we need someone to counter 3rd partiers

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Said it in the other thread. I don't want more characters that promote camping and hiding. The game is the best BR out there because of how fast and aggressive the playstyle is. The fact they mentioned they don't want that makes me kinda nervous about the game going forward.
It's a deviation from the meta and to keep the game from being Pathfinder vs Wraith: the game. It's a healthy dosage to alter the course of the game, at least they are aware how their game works unlike people like Blizzard who refuse to fix Overwatch.

I'd like to be excited about the L-Star, but then I loved the Alternator in TF2 so I just know that it will be a disappointment lol.

Wattson sounds dope, though. Maybe a good enough second choice as a support player.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I actually decided to hop on and check this out as I haven't played since launch. It's a lot of fun still! But I can't seem to find a group that doesn't want to stick together. Always ateast one who does their own thing

I actually decided to hop on and check this out as I haven't played since launch. It's a lot of fun still! But I can't seem to find a group that doesn't want to stick together. Always ateast one who does their own thing

That was like every match with someone playing as Octane, at least for a while there. It's damned hard to keep the team together when some can't physically move as fast as the other lol.

Helios

New character seems interesting. I'm not sure about the new weapon. I thought one the downsides of the current golden weapons is that they're somewhat situational. Mastiff is a beast at close range while the kraber is the opposite. This weapon seems to do both.
And by god, Respawn, please give me a new map.

Shmunter

Hello, framerate fix from last patch? Or is it only a small number of people experiencing the poor performance. PS4 Pro.

Reached platinum in ranked on PS4, not been able to find a single match these days, doubt if I'd get to diamond, let alone apex predator!

Top Bottom