• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends - Season 7: Ascension (Nov 4th)

VN1X

Banned

Season 7 Overview
Olympus awaits in Apex Legends Season 7 – Ascension. Will you rise to the challenge?

Lapsed Apex player here but I'm ready to dive back in for the Steam release that coincides with the new season. The new map looks fantastic and the fact that it now has vehicles is a big plus too (it previously only had the train no?). I should be receiving a new mouse and pad soon as well so I'll be all locked and loaded baby! :messenger_sunglasses:

Anyone else hyped or nah?

Last edited:

PSYGN

The third partying is already bad as it is, I wonder if vehicles will make that even worse. Never really liked shooters with vehicles, but cautiously optimistic.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I openly dislike Rampart but she works better as a pair as a character. Solo she is really obnoxious and annoying.

Unsure what the new map will be like but it can't be as poorly designed as S3 World's Edge. I'll main Horizon and try to bring Wattson back if this map is good for her.

-Arcadia-

Banned
The overall aesthetics look so Fortnite Season 9 with the clean, futuristic look, but that’s awesome.

Tempted to jump back in for this brand new world and vehicles. Props to them for constantly mixing it up with new maps every few seasons.

VN1X

Banned
The third partying is already bad as it is, I wonder if vehicles will make that even worse. Never really liked shooters with vehicles, but cautiously optimistic.
Avid Hunt Showdown player so third-partying is a way of life already for me lol.

Polished off the battle pass for season six at the weekend there so, hyped to get exploring this new map. I'll be interested to see how these vehicles are balanced. Oh, and there better be good Loba costumes this season. Oh, and cross progression too.

I went from playing this game every day, to dropping it mid season 5. Got bored of getting to the final 3 solo and getting beaten by M+KB phaygoats.

Anyway, Vehicles? Lulz, that's a no from me dawg

Last edited:

Hakiroto

Hyped! I didn’t play much season 5 but I started playing again recently and I’m really enjoying it. Horizon sounds cool, too.

Boss Mog

Wraith and Octane Legendary skins in battlepass, you gotta be fucking kidding me. Like seriously, wtf? Are they in love with those characters? Both have already had lendaries in the battlepass before, while other characters haven't; shouldn't you at least do a full rotation before giving the same characters more?

Very hyped for this. I’m so fed up with World’s Edge that it’s not even funny, so a new map is exactly what is needed. Couldn’t care less about a new character, but I guess others will appreciate it.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Very hyped for this. I’m so fed up with World’s Edge that it’s not even funny, so a new map is exactly what is needed. Couldn’t care less about a new character, but I guess others will appreciate it.
I hate King's Canyon, so hopefully, the new map is in for ranked.
Wraith and Octane Legendary skins in battlepass, you gotta be fucking kidding me. Like seriously, wtf? Are they in love with those characters? Both have already had lendaries in the battlepass before, while other characters haven't; shouldn't you at least do a full rotation before giving the same characters more?
Usually skin is based off popularity, is Wraith/Octane not played a lot?

Last edited:

bellome

I played it for almost a year and a half and then uninstalled it. I might give it another try but I feel like they added too much shit to the core gameplay.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Popular characters make for a more enticing battle pass. I seriously doubt Gibby or Rampart will ever get a season pass skin. It is annoying but the kids like them so Respawn will sell out like that. 🤷‍♂️

VN1X

Banned
are you sure about this?
Yes sir: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/steam-switch-launch-updates?isLocalized=true
First, for PC players, Apex Legends is officially coming to Steam when Season 7 launches on November 4, 2020. If you play on Steam and you’re new to Apex Legends, we can’t wait to welcome you aboard. And if you’ve previously been playing on Origin, feel free to give it a spin on Steam—all your account progression and unlocks will carry over between the two platforms.

Tesseract

Banned
26c.jpg

VN1X

Banned
Aaand uninstalled.

Made it to battlepass level 80 or something but I just couldn't be bothered anymore. Playing with randoms both in casual and ranked, is just the worst experience in this game. 9 times out of 10 they'll be dead in the first few minutes of the match or go off on their own.

I think it's a really well made game but ultimately just not for me. I have more fun watching someone like Aceu moving around like it's Quake instead of playing it myself.

Top Bottom