• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apollo Justice: Ace attorney rated for 3DS by Korean GRB

catmario

Source: https://www.grac.or.kr/Statistics/P...ce22ae4f64be3a6c813a6a053e8e5ec12581d53453bb0
https://www.grac.or.kr/Statistics/P...ce22ae4f64be3a6c813a6a053e8e5ec12581d53453bb0

Ryvp43g.jpg

WJbZSDVl.png

Apollo Justice: Ace attorney rated for 3DS by Korean Game Rating Board (12+)

Another new reveal from KGRB.

lock if old

Neoxon

Good move on re-releasing Apollo Justice, Capcom. Maybe we can get these games on Switch as well, along with the next main Ace Attorney game (since we likely won't get the Great Ace Attorney games anytime soon, if ever).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Phoenix Wright was better off as a hobo

Phoenix_Wright_(en_Apollo_Justice).png
I agree, but he still has this personality from Apollo's PoV in AA5 and AA6. It's just that once you get inside his head you see what a goofball he still is

LordKano

It's the last mainline game that needed a rerelease on 3DS. If it's localized, we'll be able to play Ace Attorney 1-6 from the eShop.

Wow, I was just looking this up like 30 minutes ago because I want to get into Ace Attorney. I'll go ahead and start the original trilogy then wait for this before proceeding!

ramparter

Banned
Nice, still have my DS copy, have finished it like 5 times, not double dipping for now but I hope for a Justice Trilogy in Switch.

GSR

Huh! That's... huh. I guess they want the Apollo games available on 3DS in full? Presumably this is a port of last year's HD version for phones.

I was expecting them to wait until next year and release an "Apollo Justice Trilogy" for Switch, honestly.

Maybe this is their AA-related TGS announcement this year? I can't see them announcing before DGS2 comes out at the start of August.

This is way too late. Put this stuff on Switch at the very least. I love the series but buying 3ds games now seems like a mistake.
I mean, this likely won't sell gangbusters anyway and the 3DS is still used by a good amount of people. It's easier for Capcom to just port this with little effort because of the two screens. As someone else said, this means that the entire series is now playable on the system.

kiri

Ace Attorney 1-6 with DLC for the Switch would be the Game of Forever.

This though, is still welcomed!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Could this be a port of the recently-released mobile version of AA: Apollo Justice? Similarly to the AA Trilogy released on 3DS after the mobile version.

KNT-Zero

Ah yes, the prodigal son returns. Because after AA6 Apollo SUDDENLY becomes a big deal.

I swear to God, Capcom is so bipolar sometimes.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Oh, OK. Thank you, but I'll pass.

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney is the weakest game of the series by far, if you ask me.

Chauzu

Happy for 3DS owners who haven't got the chance to play Attorney Justice yet. After DGS2 tho, I'll wait for the series to move the games over to Switch before replaying tho. I'll probably make an exception for the Layton crossover, might play it on my 3DS in July as warmup for DGS2.

Andyliini

Great. I'm just playing through Professor Layton vs Phoenis Wright, and this game would be the next in timeline, if we don't count Ace Attorney Investigations games. I was looking for DS-cart, but now I'll probably wait to see if this port releases in Europe, too.

BooJoh

I love Switch but just once I'd like to enter a 3DS game announcement thread without seeing a wall of Switch-begging. 3DS isn't dead yet.

Really cool news. I'll definitely grab it if it makes its way to NA. I haven't finished the first trilogy yet but I already picked up Dual Destinies. I'll grab Spirit of Justice and maybe Layton vs. AA once I get farther along in the series.

mrmickfran

Turnabout Serenade alone will prevent me from doubledipping. My DS cart works just fine.
Sugar...
It's very important to know that it's by far the Ace Attorney with the best soundtrack.
Objection : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyx7dhcACZA
Tell the Truth : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58uoTlVgRNU
Cornered : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cofz_YxBXa0
Investigation : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAsIJXX2MBw
This man speaks the truth. Easily the best ost in the series.

This is one of the few things I will consistently praise Capcom about: They actually do port this franchise (at least the mainline entries) with surprising and relative regularity.

Now, if we can just see the whole lot migrate to the Switch...

(Would buy this anyway because dammit I love the game even if it's a flawed as heck execution)

LordKano

But Ace Attorney is at its best when it goes out of control. The last game, Spirit of Justice, got completely insane during the last case and it was amazing.
When it stays too conservative, you get Justice For All, probably the worst in the serie (saved only by its last case tho).

ZeroX03

Banned
AA4 is great, but I liked Naruhobo and dislike how his character has regressed a little. AA6 finally sold most people on Apollo too.

Good move on re-releasing Apollo Justice, Capcom. Maybe we can get these games on Switch as well, along with the next main Ace Attorney game (since we likely won't get the Great Ace Attorney games anytime soon, if ever).

The mobile stuff means they've got all the mainline titles ready to port, I'd be surprised if it didn't eventually make it to Switch digitally. Probably good for the West if they make the jump sooner rather than later...

But Ace Attorney is at its best when it goes out of control. The last game, Spirit of Justice, got completely insane during the last case and it was amazing.
When it stays too conservative, you get Justice For All, probably the worst in the serie (saved only by its last case tho).

AA is at it's best when you've invested in the characters. At which point when the plot goes insane it really hits home.

MrBadger

Fantastic news, I think Apollo Justice is pretty underrated. Serenade is pretty shit, but every other case in that game is great. Especially the first

I actually prefer the series when it's less wacky and more grounded. It's why Turnabout Goodbyes is my favourite case. I don't think being too conservative was JFA's biggest flaw considering the circus case is the reason people cite for that game being the weakest.

Opa-Pa

Hey that's nice, a bit late to the party but nice nonetheless.

I'm not the biggest fan of this game, but the more AA games on 3DS the better. Now it'll be easier to get friends into the series, and my girlfriend loves this one and wanted to get it on 3DS. I mean sure it was technically playable before, but DS games on 3DS look like ass.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

FluxWaveZ

I appreciate AA4 a lot for the character development it gave to characters in this series, with the time skip. It also gave a more pessimistic view on the world thanks to it, which I appreciated.

It'll be cool to finally have all the games released on the 3DS.

Wow, I was just looking this up like 30 minutes ago because I want to get into Ace Attorney. I'll go ahead and start the original trilogy then wait for this before proceeding!

Ooh boy good luck, you're in for the best part of the series; I still think the last case in the trilogy is the highest point of the series.

Oh, OK. Thank you, but I'll pass.

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney is the weakest game of the series by far, if you ask me.

Some of the gameplay is bad, sure, but I personally think it's either Justice For All (the last case is great, though) or Dual Destinies, story-wise, is the weakest. I'm still amazed at how the localization still pretend we're in Los Angeles, like in Dual Destinies Nine-Tails Village looks like that because they are "immigrants" from Japan. Yeah, suuuuuuuure.

But yeah,if I could get a payoff as good as Trials and Tribulations, I don't mind a weaker buildup like Justice For All.

I know it's not popular opinion but for me Apollo Justice is one of my favorite Ace Attorney games, so I will most definitely double dip on this one

Top Bottom