• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently, Final Fantasy XV has another slightly different ending [SPOILERS]

There's fan art for Sonic x Knuckles. That doesn't really mean anything.

It's great that you like Luna, but I'm not sure what there's to like about her. She has next to no presence in the game.

I mean, if Noctis x Luna qualifies as good romance then I'd love to know what you think of /actual/ good romantic couples in fiction. I'm a big fan of the romance stories in media and this doesn't even qualify as romance to me. It's just shoehorned in the sloppiest way imaginable.
Honestly I could say the same for the cast of FFXII characters that I never liked or cared for but that is another thing altogether. In the end, it is all about the opinion of each individual and how they perceive it. It is fine if you didn't consider the relationship between both of them, but I do.

The Sonic x Knuckles comparison is stupid and you know it. But Luna had her character developed in the movie and a little in the anime and if you view all the media of FFXV like I did, and put two and two together, it is not hard to understand why you grow attached to these characters in the actual game.

It might be a cliche romantic story and not something that is realistic at all, but this doesn't stop me from enjoying their relationship, whatever it was.

blakep267

I liked the ending I got. It was kinda bittersweet. I chose the pic of the bros and iris before we got on the boat to go to that place for the wedding

Squire

Banned
Yet she didn't cry at this marvellous ass?

Kz8r9Zq.gif

#TabataEra

I don't understand this line of thought. How can you hate someone for loving a game?

Technically I hate the fact of loving the game, not the person but anyway, the one thing I hate is the fear of having more of the same in future entries.
The rest is more things I can't understand that hatred. I can't understand how someone could love this game, specially fans.

Edit: Change hate for dislike if you want, is not really that important. I feel really far from the series since 2005 at least.

Lol, oh my god was this here since the release of the game? That's a real nice touch but I truly believe nothing can save the character unless we get a big dlc chapter with her. SE really let everyone down with her... including myself big time.

Parshias7

Now I want them to patch in another alternate ending for if you bring the Cup Ramen picture. Noctis and Luna will both look directly into the camera before delivering a five minute infomercial about how delicious Cup Ramen is.

Technically I hate the fact of loving the game, not the person but anyway, the one thing I hate is the fear of having more of the same in future entries.
The rest is more things I can't understand that hatred. I can't understand how someone could love this game, specially fans.

Edit: Change hate for dislike if you want, is not really that important. I feel really far from the series since 2005 at least.
You really think SE decides the future of the series from the sales of a particular entry? It is like you didn't even look at the past games like FFIX and FFXII. Heck even FFXI for that matter.

Raven117

I think just
Noctis dies

I like to think all of them
died
If Square wanted to go that dark...might as well go all the way

My main complaint with FFXV is what could have been. Even while playing the game you can see strands of fantastic ideas that they just couldn't execute on. (That and the open world design of about 2007...questing was a chore).

Lol, oh my god was this here since the release of the game? That's a real nice touch but I truly believe nothing can save the character unless we get a big dlc chapter with her. SE really let everyone down with her... including myself big time.

Wow, looking at your username that must suck for you in particular.

My main complaint with FFXV is what could have been. Even while playing the game you can see strands of fantastic ideas that they just couldn't execute on. (That and the open world design of about 2007...questing was a chore).

Pretty great post, me in a nutshell.

The ending is still pretty strong.

Campfire scene elicited tears from me even having been deeply disappointed with the game's characters and story. That's an amazing feat, and it makes me wonder how much better XV could have been with another year in the oven. i wouldn't be against Tabata getting another crack, without the baggage of having to make a Frankenstein of a game that's half his ideas, half another creator's.

Asd202

You really think SE decides the future of the series from the sales of a particular entry? It is like you didn't even look at the past games like FFIX and FFXII. Heck even FFXI for that matter.

Seeing the future of FF at this moment is hard for me. I expect FF to ride for a few years maybe even a decade on 7 Remake stuff and FFXIV expansions. Tabata and his team is supposedly working on a new IP, Nomura is on remake, YoshiP is tied to XIV and probably even future online FF MMO lol, Ito is in a dungeon and Toriyama is finished with mainline FF at least I hope so. So unless they have someone new that would take the burden of making a new mainline FF I don't think it's happening any time soon.

Wow, looking at your username that must suck for you in particular.

Tell me about it haha. I was just a big fan of Stella originally and wanted to have hope for Luna. I saw her in trailers and gave in to all the strong female character hype. Yeah, I made a mistake for sure. Oh well... it happens. I'm just happy to be out of it cause I was really bitter about chapter 9 when I played it.

Tell me about it haha. I was just a big fan of Stella originally and wanted to have hope for Luna. I saw her in trailers and gave in to all the strong female character hype. Yeah, I made a mistake for sure. Oh well... it happens. I'm just happy to be out of it cause I was really bitter about chapter 9 when I played it.

You don't have to tell me, I rode the entire Versus train and loved every second of XV's reveal as a mainline title. Stella was my most hyped character for years. I feel your pain and think you should take your username as a badge of honor.

Still gonna jump on XVI's hype train though...

Seeing the future of FF at this moment is hard for me. I expect FF to ride for a few years maybe even a decade on 7 Remake stuff and FFXIV expansions. Tabata and his team is supposedly working on a new IP, Nomura is on remake, YoshiP is tied to XIV and probably even future online FF MMO lol, Ito is in a dungeon and Toriyama is finished with mainline FF at least I hope so. So unless they have someone new that would take the burden of making a new mainline FF I don't think it's happening any time soon.
I doubt Toriyama is done with mainline games. He can always get a chance to direct another spin-off and I bet he will work on FFX-3 as rumored so many times now.

As for the XIV team, I think Stormblood is the last expansion and after then, they will be the one to release the next main FF game since this is also the status for the current rumors which point towards their division recruiting for a new mainline FF, which doesn't sound like another MMO.

As long as the series keeps selling well, it will be hard for it to die. Unless FFXVI ends up being a complete dud and VII: Remake goes through another Versus trouble, I see a bright future ahead for it.

Asd202

I doubt Toriyama is done with mainline games. He can always get a chance to direct another spin-off and I bet he will work on FFX-3 as rumored so many times now.

As for the XIV team, I think Stormblood is the last expansion and after then, they will be the one to release the next main FF game since this is also the status for the current rumors which point towards their division recruiting for a new mainline FF, which doesn't sound like another MMO.

As long as the series keeps selling well, it will be hard for it to die. Unless FFXVI ends up being a complete dud and VII: Remake goes through another Versus trouble, I see a bright future ahead for it.

About XIV I do not belive those rumors at all. If XIV is succesful and is making money for SE they won't suddenly shift from making content for XIV to make a new mainline FF. That really doesn't make sense business wise.

About X-3 I hope it crashed and burned after the reception of the audio drama.But yeah I agree that Toriyama being back to direct mainline FF has the highest probability I just hope it won't happen lol.

Also don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's dying it just that it is in creative slump right now and how people/teams that could work on XVI are doing something else at the moment.

Wagram

Unless Stormblood fails miserably, there's a zero percent chance this happens.

They do respond in some cases, FFXIII was an attempt to going back to FFX and I dislike FFX but people love it. FFXV was an answer to FFXIII, there would be nothing to answer in FFXVI if everyone loves FFXV. this is not the case but sales wise it is.

They do respond in some cases, FFXIII was an attempt to going back to FFX and I dislike FFX but people love it. FFXV was an answer to FFXIII, there would be nothing to answer in FFXVI if everyone loves FFXV. this is not the case but sales wise it is.
Each game is made by a different division and they inject their own ideas into them. SE has never tried to replicate on the success from one title to the next unless their project fails miserably. FFVII to VIII had a similarity but IX was completely different. They went back to the style of VIII with X because IX wasn't as much of a success but changed it again with the MMO XI. XII was again different even though it could have been more of the same as X and it didn't sell as well. I don't think XIII was linear because of popularity of X, I just think the troubled development cycle + engine was the cause of the shitty linear nature of XIII, which is a shame.

If XVI was confirmed to be in development from BD2 under Tabata, then yeh, I would have said that it could have been an iterative XV, but this isn't going to be the case here.

Wagram

It doesn't have to happen when it is already happening. There is evidence to suggest that they are hiring for such project so.... I guess we just have to wait and see.

I have no doubt that they will begin the planning stages of the next MMO soon (much like they did XI --> XIV) or even an off-line XVII, XVIII, but XIV is still prosperous and is a money maker. Stormblood is most certainly not the last expansion.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
That's clearly a picture of the Altissia entrance in the video. Not her wedding dress. So I guess there's a few pictures that'll do it.

Koozek

I read comments like this and wonder why I felt attached to Luna. Am I just different or what? Then I see the shit ton of fan art that people have made for Luna x Noctis and I realize that I am not alone.

Her death was an emotional gut punch to me and same for the ending. If it had no impact, I wouldn't be confident in putting the game in my Top 5 FF.
I didn't feel anything for Luna, but the Ignis thing fucked me up.

AkumaNiko

am i missing something? I dont see it, it looks like the exact ending i got playing the game and picking the bros photo

It doesn't have to happen when it is already happening. There is evidence to suggest that they are hiring for such project so.... I guess we just have to wait and see.

SE would be dumb to take the team that made XIV great to make a SP game. I highly doubt this happens

SilverArrow20XX

am i missing something? I dont see it, it looks like the exact ending i got playing the game and picking the bros photo

Usually she stops looking at the photo and turns to Noctis, who then touches her face and they kiss. Then it shows a close up of Luna and she goes to sleep on Noctis's arm.

In this one, she is more entranced by the photo. She is still looking at it when Noctis touches her face, and then they kiss. Then, during the close up of her face before she sleeps, a single tear falls from her right eye.

Koozek

SE would be dumb to take the team that made XIV great to make a SP game. I highly doubt this happens
BD5's hiring spree last year for a big project looking for people with experience in singleplayer and MMO experience hints at it, and VG247's @APZonerunner, who generally has behind-the-scenes knowledge and knows SE folks, has been saying he believes FFXVI will be made by them (and not necessarily directed by Yoshida).

Agni's Philosophy aka. WITCH Tabata's next project, mark my words
. BALEE
I genuinely quite strongly believe that Tabata's division will actually end up doing something with the ideas behind Agni and FF16 will come from the 14 Business Division (which, if you've been watching, has been on a large hiring spree looking for people with non-MMO experience - but also, curiously, still with some online multiplayer experience).
APZonerunner said:

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

The way they set it up, Stormblood is not the last expansion, but the one after it probably will be.

Koozek

The way they set it up, Stormblood is not the last expansion, but the one after it probably will be.
I highly doubt that. If it's anything like XI, we'll be getting expansions until at least 2025. I'd expect at least a version 7.0.
I was wondering though, why do they call this "Complete Edition" if there are more expansions coming? Did they do this with FFXI too and had several "complete" editions?

pVbH5mj.jpg

Squire

Banned

Wait, what's the logic here?

I was wondering though, why do they call this "Complete Edition" if there are more expansions coming? Did they do this with FFXIV too and had several "complete" editions?

pVbH5mj.jpg

I think that if this was the case of Stormblood being the last expansion they would make it clear.

sibarraz

Banned
Even though Luna motivations and character werent well developed, I still found that scene powerful since through you still see that Noctis thinks fondly on her, but the sad part still is that he left his friends

SilverArrow20XX

I was wondering though, why do they call this "Complete Edition" if there are more expansions coming? Did they do this with FFXIV too and had several "complete" editions?

Yes. XI had several "complete" editions.
There was the "Vana'diel Collection", which included Chains of Promathia.
Then there was "Vana'diel Collection 2007" which included Treasures of Aht Urhgan.
Then there was one that had "Wings Edition" at the end of the title that included Wings of the Goddess. Can't remember the full name.
There's the "Ultimate Collection" which includes all the mini expansions. (Got a physical box for this one. Looks really nice on my shelf between X and XII.
There was then an updated Ultimate edition that included the Abyssea add-ons.
Finally there's the "Ultimate Collection: Seekers Edition", which has everything.

Top Bottom