• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently, Final Fantasy XV has another slightly different ending [SPOILERS]

Bulby

I dont see how anyone can cry over Luna. Ive had more emotional attatchment to my random NPC marines I try and keep alive in Halo.

Verder

I dont see how anyone can cry over Luna. Ive had more emotional attatchment to my random NPC marines I try and keep alive in Halo.

i literally had more attachment to that mama penguin in mario 64 than luna
hqdefault.jpg

Sayad

She should cry when seeing Cindy's picture, that would at least make it more hilarious. None of the supposedly emotional moments in this game lands, they all lack build up except maybe the one with Prompto.

"Wow, that's really cool little touch."

*reads seething hot venom just a couple comments in*

"Oh yeah, I forgot this is a FFXV thread."

The game has tons of things like that depending on your choices. You get to hang out with Luna more in-game, just like a regular FF couple, depending on what you do before the Leviathan chapter.

It makes the ending more tragic.

This is fake.

Lothar

Banned
I didn't do it, but I've seen a vid where a pic of Cindy is chosen.

Pretty funny seeing Luna and Noct look at it lovingly.

I used a pic of Cindy. I thought for sure everyone would use Cindy. That was one of the first pictures in the game and it's so funny how could you not do it?

Taking a picture of a wedding dress to the afterlife seems like a pretty dumb trigger

If you could have a picture of Noctis and Luna together, then that'd be okay as a trigger

Too bad the game let's you hang out with her for all of five minutes

Enthus

Taking a picture of a wedding dress to the afterlife seems like a pretty dumb trigger

If you could have a picture of Noctis and Luna together, then that'd be okay as a trigger

Basically any picture of Altissia triggers this version.

aly

Cup Ramen or gratuitous Cindy shot for life. Noctis has priorities.

Yep. It was too good to pass up. People's reactions to that moment after choosing those were great too. Neat detail but Luna is whatever as a character.

In the video the picture chosen was the entrance of altissia.

C.Mongler

Neat! But still doesn't change the fact that I felt this game had one of the most garbage, insurable plots I've ever had to try and decipher in an otherwise pretty fun game!

TissueBox

Did not know that wow!! Wouldn't have been my choice of photo but that's really cool that one did elicit an actually unique reaction.

daveo42

Banned
Neat they added that small touch, but FFXV for me was about the journey and all the people I met and hung out with along the way and is why I chose the shot from right before you leave for Altissia.

It's been fun watching the public opinion of this game get worse and worse as the echo chambers distilled the general consensus from "good but flawed" to "shitty, incomplete, and practically unplayable."

Curufinwe

It's been fun watching the public opinion of this game get worse and worse as the echo chambers distilled the general consensus from "good but flawed" to "shitty, incomplete, and practically unplayable."

GAF threads aren't a good barometer of public opinion.

Ultimadrago

People shouldn't be surprised at people still reacting to Final Fantasy XV being an underwhelming, poorly executed game.

On the topic, cute touch! I chose the Iris image at the tall structure, though I forget if that picture was story-related or optional.

Yet she didn't cry at this marvellous ass?

Kz8r9Zq.gif

LOL

Didnt both her and the king already know noct would have to die to fix things?

maybe she's tearful over the life that they should have had if fate didn't have other ideas

like when noctis knew he had to die he was still sad about it because regardless of it being his destiny, it still sucks

its not complicated

I mean, yeah, I hope XVI will be a better, more fleshed out game.. But I can't get how would anyone hate on XV this much. I get being underwhelmed, disappointed, but the level of hate I see on GAF is insane. Game got lots of heart, and had a very unique feeling different to any other RPG that the whole bros on a road trip thing. I made tons of good memories with this game, to the point I don't get how anyone can be this harsh on it.

I mean, I know it's opinions and all, but had to throw my 2 cents.

Also Noctis is the best protagonist in the whole series, so there's that.

People shouldn't be surprised at people still reacting to Final Fantasy XV being an underwhelming, poorly executed game.

I don't think it's surprise. I think some are just tired of specific posters coming into every XV-related thread to attack it.

I mean, yeah, I hope XVI will be a better, more fleshed out game.. But I can't get how would anyone hate on XV this much. I get being underwhelmed, disappointed, but the level of hate I see on GAF is insane. Game got lots of heart, and had a very unique feeling different to any other RPG that the whole bros on a road trip thing. I made tons of good memories with this game, to the point I don't get how anyone can be this harsh on it.

:,)

Pejo

Cool tidbit! After all the DLC, I'm going to jump back into this game and do all the optional stuff. I quit for a time after beating the main story, and it's been hard to find time to go back with the aggressive release schedule of 2017.

I don't think it's surprise. I think some are just tired of specific posters coming into every XV-related thread to attack it.

To be fair, it's a forum for gaming. If a game has divisive reception by fans, the discourse around it is going to be likewise divisive and I personally prefer that to an echo chamber.

To be fair, it's a forum for gaming. If a game has divisive reception by fans, the discourse around it is going to be likewise divisive and I personally prefer that to an echo chamber.

Sure. However, if one is only coming into threads to question other peoples' tastes and attack the game, that person is not adding to the discussion. They are distracting and derailing discussion.

Edit: For example, this thread was made about a secret ending of the game. Instead of discussing that, certain posters have come in and talked about how much they hate the game and certain characters. Not about the topic at hand. Which is what I would like to talk about, so this'll likely be my last time addressing this on this thread, as I would like the thread to stay on topic.

I hate that people love it and I can't believe having played a game with possibly the worst profesional script in existance on any medium (I'm not talking about the story but the script).

jennetics

Yeah luna is not even remotely a good character
I mean, are we still pretending that ffxv was good?

Other people have opinions different than yours. Crazy, I know.

On topic, that's a neat little thing there! I couldn't really tell much of a difference between the actual and the "secret" ending, but it's still kinda sweet.

Kyoufu

FFXV has the worst "romance" in video games that I've played. I really don't understand why Luna is in that ending. She played no part in the game therefore there's zero emotional attachment to her character. There's no weight and value in their relationship. They're two people who barely knew each other.

There's no chemistry, no dynamic between the two characters. Noctis may as well have married his right hand in that scene with the same effect.

Sure. However, if one is only coming into threads to question other peoples tastes and attack the game, that person is not adding to the discussion. They are distracting and derailing discussion.

If their "attacks" raise valid points, I don't see the problem. I'm not trying to defend shitposting or anything, but we get a similar group of people who pop in to say "game was amazing!" and add nothing else to the discussion and that isn't seen as a problem, so I dunno. There are more positive communities out there, such as dedicated fan sites, but I like GAF acting as more of a neutral ground. I also see comments like "you're not adding to the discussion" and "well FF games are always divisive" as hand-waving issues that I feel are quite serious with the game itself.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, try not to let contrary opinions or people who didn't care for the game and are loud about it get to you. There's an ignore list if you're having issues with specific members as you expressed, and I know some people in XV threads have been using that to decent effect.

Edit: And, to your edit, I think it's fairly natural that discussion criticizing Luna's character would come up in this thread since the ending is based on her reaction. If people think it's unearned or corny or even that she needed more screen time, it's relevant.

jiggle

FFXV has the worst "romance" in video games that I've played. I really don't understand why Luna is in that ending. She played no part in the game therefore there's zero emotional attachment to her character. There's no weight and value in their relationship. They're two people who barely knew each other.
You know it's true love when u use magic dog to sext eachother instead of the phone

bigol

I hate that people love it and I can't believe having played a game with possibly the worst profesional script in existance on any medium (I'm not talking about the story but the script).

"How dare you love something i hate".

Keep hating.

Toth

I like how every FFXV thread posted, there's an amount of vitriol.

Pretty sure we'll see the same trend in FFXVI.

Same as FFXIII threads. I said that FFXV will degrade to this and I was so hopeful after the game was well received ☹️

On topic, this is an awesome Easter egg. I always choose the Cape Caem group photo.

There's no chemistry, no dynamic between the two characters. Noctis may as well have married his right hand in that scene with the same effect.
I read comments like this and wonder why I felt attached to Luna. Am I just different or what? Then I see the shit ton of fan art that people have made for Luna x Noctis and I realize that I am not alone.

Her death was an emotional gut punch to me and same for the ending. If it had no impact, I wouldn't be confident in putting the game in my Top 5 FF.

Kyoufu

I read comments like this and wonder why I felt attached to Luna. Am I just different or what? Then I see the shit ton of fan art that people have made for Luna x Noctis and I realize that I am not alone.

Her death was an emotional gut punch to me and same for the ending. If it had no impact, I wouldn't be confident in putting the game in my Top 5 FF.

There's fan art for Sonic x Knuckles. That doesn't really mean anything.

It's great that you like Luna, but I'm not sure what there's to like about her. She has next to no presence in the game.

I mean, if Noctis x Luna qualifies as good romance then I'd love to know what you think of /actual/ good romantic couples in fiction. I'm a big fan of romance stories in media but this doesn't even qualify as romance to me. It's just shoehorned in the sloppiest way imaginable.

Top Bottom