• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently, Microsoft might be cockblocking Kojima Productions from releasing the Cyberpunk 2077 Collaboration Update due to On-going Marketing Deal!!

Unfortunately, as you may have already twigged, the content is only available in the PC version of the title for now. Here’s what Kojima Productions had to say when asked whether it’d also come to the PlayStation 4:

Given that this was, once upon a time, a Sony published game, it’s a bit of a shame to see the new items and missions skip PS4. However, we suspect that Cyberpunk 2077’s marketing arrangements with Microsoft could be the hurdle here. The developer’s statement above at least seems to allude that things may change in the future, so hopefully we’re all able to enjoy this in the not-too distant future.
giphy.gif

Stuart360

Nah i doubt it. What would they gain by blocking it coming to Playstation?, even if they could.
For me its more likely that Cyberpunk is such a mess on PS4, and so many gamers are currently pissed off about the situation, that it would probably be seen as a kick in the teeth, or 'too soon' so to speak, if they released Cyberpunk content on PS4.

I'm sure it will come in the future.

Roni

Gold Member
Unfortunately, as you may have already twigged, the content is only available in the PC version of the title for now. Here’s what Kojima Productions had to say when asked whether it’d also come to the PlayStation 4:

Given that this was, once upon a time, a Sony published game, it’s a bit of a shame to see the new items and missions skip PS4. However, we suspect that Cyberpunk 2077’s marketing arrangements with Microsoft could be the hurdle here. The developer’s statement above at least seems to allude that things may change in the future, so hopefully we’re all able to enjoy this in the not-too distant future.
giphy.gif

You either love people signing contracts and being told what to do or you hate it. Can't love some and hate some.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
"Apparently" is a funny way to start a thread title for something you totally made up.

But it makes zero sense.. MS had some form of marketing rights for Cyberpunk... the game came out just fine on Playstation.. so why would these marketing rights somehow effect a totally different game?

At most these rights would block the ability to "market" this patch... but I seriously doubt that.

Last edited:

Impotaku

death stranding is dead, lol trying to cling to relevance by hopping on the cyberpunk hype train probably not a good look to be associated with this at the moment lolol. Funny how for weeks death stranding had the same volume of inane threads and hyped as the next best thing and game of all time. Then a month or so later nobody was talking it fell into the abyss.

Shmunter

Dont give 2 shits about cosmetics. having a robot arm or little metal lines on my face means nothing to me
Yeah, only a next gen upgrade matters.

I’m constantly surprised companies aren't scrambling on delivering next gen upgrades during a console launch where buyers are hungry for content.

It’s purely technical and relatively cheap way to give an old game a sales boost by being in the spotlight again.

Oppoi

Listen Samurai, some warriors of the Xbox clan have published a song about your fanboyism and it's already going viral. You must either stop it or top it. Your choice.

I just dont get it i know ms has marketing rights for cyberpunk walts and all but does Sony have the rights for death stranding since sony funded the game let alone Decima engine? Surely sony has much rights to have cyberpunk added to ps consoles

Top Bottom