• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently, Microsoft might be cockblocking Kojima Productions from releasing the Cyberpunk 2077 Collaboration Update due to On-going Marketing Deal!!

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Seems more likely that it is Sony preventing this. The game has two publishers, Sony and 505 games. This deal is with 505 games and not Sony.

Do we know who owns the rights to the IP?

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
v5lcni9vtu6x.jpg
This is some wholesome shitposting

TriSuit666

Banned
Dont give 2 shits about cosmetics. having a robot arm or little metal lines on my face means nothing to me

6 Additional missions and the hacking mechanic from Cyberpunk in DS enough to wipe that shit-eating grin off your face?

The ‘robot arm’ also buffs your strength, so it’s also more than just a ‘cosmetic’.

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
Ewwwww, this scheming bastards at Microsoft. I hate 'em. I hate 'em. I hate 'em.

They probably woulda gotten away with too.....if it wasn't for all those pesky Gaffers!!!

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

This is way more likely to be why this isn't coming out on Playstation.

Sony probably said no, fuck that..

K.S v2.0

Banned
Maybe it means that they will release a Xbox version incl. all of the extras 😉

I can actually see this happening.

How many times now have we seen a former 'exclusive' release on another console or platform under a slightly changed name just to get around 'exclusivity'?

Get ready for 'Death Stranding XXX edition' coz there's not enough X's in xbox.

Oppoi

Seems more likely that it is Sony preventing this. The game has two publishers, Sony and 505 games. This deal is with 505 games and not Sony.

Do we know who owns the rights to the IP?

Excuse me while I walk about my chamber biting on a piece of licorice pipe pondering the possibilities of this questionnaire.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Unfortunately, as you may have already twigged, the content is only available in the PC version of the title for now. Here’s what Kojima Productions had to say when asked whether it’d also come to the PlayStation 4:

Given that this was, once upon a time, a Sony published game, it’s a bit of a shame to see the new items and missions skip PS4. However, we suspect that Cyberpunk 2077’s marketing arrangements with Microsoft could be the hurdle here. The developer’s statement above at least seems to allude that things may change in the future, so hopefully we’re all able to enjoy this in the not-too distant future.
giphy.gif

Funny that their marketing arrangement did nothing to stop the game running like a slideshow on X1S, GETITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT AMIRITE BOIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (that's my Miyazakihateskojima impresson)

Guilty_AI

MS got their cut when you purchased the Windows License... the same thing as playing Fortnite on iPhone... Apple go their cut when you bought the phone
Not even remotely the same thing. Apple still makes money off the games sold in the app store.
It'd be only similar if every game on pc had to be sold through the microsoft store

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I would assume the bigger issue would be Sony removing the game from there store vs what ever MS is doing in your imagination.

bxrz

So what cut does MS get from Steam or Epic? What say do they have in how they run their storefronts?
None but its still on their platform. If Microsoft was like Apple those platforms would be giving a cut to MS for every purchase like Apple does with their platform/App store.

FritzJ92

None but its still on their platform. If Microsoft was like Apple those platforms would be giving a cut to MS for every purchase like Apple does with their platform/App store.

Apple doesnt' get a cut of free games... they are free... unless they opt for advertising, even then MS offers that in the Windows Store but the conversation is going off-topic... essentially Gaming on Windows is MS Platform.... by the way a lot of MS policies has to do with antitrust lawsuits from the past, Apple and Google will end up there sooner or later... You can try to diminish the facts but the truth is the truth... they got their cut the minute you either bought windows, or bought your pre-built laptop/tower...

Last edited:

bxrz

Apple doesnt' get a cut of free games... they are free... unless they opt for advertising, even then MS offers that in the Windows Store but the conversation is going off topic... essentially Windows is MS Platform.... by the way a lot of MS policies has to do with antitrust lawsuits from the past, Apple and Google will end up there sooner or later
I’m pretty sure Apple gets a cut of all micro transactions in games downloaded from their app store. Free or not

Shmunter

Apple doesnt' get a cut of free games... they are free... unless they opt for advertising, even then MS offers that in the Windows Store but the conversation is going off topic... essentially Windows is MS Platform.... by the way a lot of MS policies has to do with antitrust lawsuits from the past, Apple and Google will end up there sooner or later
F2p games usually have in game purchases, apple gets a slice of that. Essentially if money is to be made, Apple collects.

FritzJ92

Not even remotely the same thing. Apple still makes money off the games sold in the app store.
It'd be only similar if every game on pc had to be sold through the microsoft store

This is only true if the App costs an upfront amount, uses apple advertisement, or uses Apple for transactions.... its the same thing with MS except MS also allows you to use your own app stores to nagivate through them (like Steam, Epic), but they still got a cut, with the licensing of windows to you.

Well done Microsoft! Good job signing exclusive content and advertising deals for a game which is so beloved by all. Money well spent.

FritzJ92

F2p games usually have in game purchases, apple gets a slice of that. Essentially if money is to be made, Apple collects.
I mentioned that, but also like i said Windows policies is a result of antitrust lawsuits from the past. Still saying MS never gets a cut of your PC game purchase is true, but that because they already made their cut (regardless of how small or large it is).

Ge Os

I would actually like to see that CP2077 content on PS4 + a PS5 upgrade (maybe a little graphic touch and 60fps).

Top Bottom