• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently new Tony Hawk game in development

brap

Banned
Today's rumours about a new Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game being in the works have been seemingly confirmed via a resurfaced interview from October with professional skateboarder Lizzie Armanto. Speaking on The Nine Club podcast last month, Armanto was asked about her appearance in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5, before stating that "he's coming out with another one, and I'll be in that too."
You can hear it for yourself at around the 02:50:00 mark during the interview, but other versions of the podcast have since been edited to remove the comment, only adding further fuel to the credibility of her words. Now it's just up to Activision and The Birdman himself to offer official comment on the gossip, and we wouldn't be surprised if we hear an announcement soon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is anyone really asking for this? Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 was an absolute dumpster fire.

GAMETA

Banned
Would it even sell today? I feel like these kind of games have no market now... maybe they should do something like "Digital Influencer Pro Retarded"... gain 10000 likes, find the secret podcast, dance like retard on the helicopter's blade, collect all the I D E N T I T Y letters, destroy all Pepe stickers on the map, make 3 tik toks, 3 reactions and 3 brand deals, find 5 merchs on the map... all while riding a hoverboard and listening to spoken rap and that billie eyelash or whatever weird girl.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
tenor.gif

If a new game is in development, then hopefully Tony has a bit of common sense and doesn't try to re-new a deal with Activision to use the THPS brand for this game after the shitshow that was the fifth game in that series. Just use a different naming convention and hire a bunch of folks who used to be in Neversoft back in the series peak years (THPS1-4) or dedicated modders akin to what Sega did with Headcannon and Christian Whitehead for Sonic Mania. Getting the THUG Pro mod guys on board for it would be a good start. Those dudes built great custom maps, reverse engineered areas to work with the more modern tweaks of the THUG2 engine and added proper online play for all of the maps across the first four games in one meaty package!

And if Activision does push out another game? Just do a Crash/Spyro esque remake of the first four games and don't assign a hackjob developer to it this time, for fucks sake!

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
A proper HD remake of 1-4 please. I would buy each for $10 if they got the physics ight. Especially for 3 and 4

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
It would be great if they've done a remake of THPS1 and/or 2 AND renewed the licenses to keep the original soundtrack.

Katsura

Is anyone really asking for this? Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 was an absolute dumpster fire.
I am. I want great skateboard games back, whether it's in the vein of THPS3 or Skate. I'd also very much like to see SSX make a comeback while we're at it

D3SCHA1N

I am. I want great skateboard games back, whether it's in the vein of THPS3 or Skate. I'd also very much like to see SSX make a comeback while we're at it

I'd take a skate 4 100x before asking for another THPS, but since it seems ea has no interest in not being total f*(k ups, I'd settle for a THPS if they could make a good one again...

Doczu

Make a Tony Hawk Trilogy type of game.
Mechanics based on THPS 3 (slightly refined), best maps from 1-3 and a super-duper course creator. And we need Spider-Man as a character. And Darth Maul.
And good music. Yeah, music.

Would it even sell today? I feel like these kind of games have no market now... maybe they should do something like "Digital Influencer Pro Retarded"... gain 10000 likes, find the secret podcast, dance like retard on the helicopter's blade, collect all the I D E N T I T Y letters, destroy all Pepe stickers on the map, make 3 tik toks, 3 reactions and 3 brand deals, find 5 merchs on the map... all while riding a hoverboard and listening to spoken rap and that billie eyelash or whatever weird girl.

hmm ok
boomer

Top Bottom