• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

apparently, you can shape the personality of the characters in Until Dawn

Alo0oy

Banned
Everybody probably assumed that your choices only effect the story, but according to this tweet, it seems like you can shape their personality as well.

Ga51ipg.png

EDIT: Sorry for the screenshot for ants, I'm on my phone.

EDIT2:

Yeah, there are character and relationship stats which change according to your play style that you can monitor.

BHC1izz.png

KyleCross

Isn't that just the whole "Your choices decide if the characters live or die" thing? Basically she's the dumb blonde who dies, or she fights and manages to survive.

eFKac

Ehh I assume it has more to do with your choices in dialogue and QTE, than anything more deep but it's cool that Until Dawn is banking so much on branching story and freedom of choice.

Tyrus

Banned
Hope you actually do have sort of influence on their personality, of if it really just means you're the omniscient entity that guides your favourites to desperate survival or not.

stryke

Yeah, there are character and relationship stats which change according to your play style that you can monitor.

BHC1izz.png

Tyrus

Banned

BHC1izz.png

Wow, this sounds more and more promising as the days go by. I wasn't planning to pick it up around launch, but may do so now.

Cool, I'm going to turn the cast into a massive douchebag fest. It'll be beautiful seeing everyone try to outdouche each other.

kogasu

I want everyone in mine to be a bunch of sarcastic, cynical cunts. Everyone hates each other, it'll be funny and you won't feel so bad about their inevitable demise.

Doesn't matter what your personality is, I'll let you all die the minute I can.

Maybe this personality is a counter to people like me ?

Stike

Oh crap, that game has more depth to it than imagined.

Might be a sleeper hit. Day One, just for the fuck of it.

Doesn't matter what your personality is, I'll let you all die the minute I can.

Maybe this personality is a counter to people like me ?

I wonder if it's possible to let everyone die and see a proper 'Game Over' screen before you reach the end of the story. Or will it be
like Heavy Rain where you can do badly but not everyone dies
and you can limp along to the story's conclusion.

I think this will be a fun game to replay; trying different things out and letting different characters survive.

I wonder if these stats will impact on how characters can die, maybe different deaths depending on if a character is nice or dick ?

Even if it just effects how characters react to each other in conversation that could still mean that each of the possible endings could actually have a good or a bad version, if characters like each other or not.

Alo0oy

Banned
I wonder if it's possible to let everyone die and see a proper 'Game Over' screen before you reach the end of the story. Or will it be
like Heavy Rain where you can do badly but not everyone dies
and you can limp along to the story's conclusion.

I think this will be a fun game to replay; trying different things out and letting different characters survive.

They already confirmed that all characters can die, although there is no "game over" in the game. So I presume that when everyone dies, you'll immediately get one of the bad endings where the killer succeeds.

BHC1izz.png

Fucking hype, I am guessing there will come some inevitable time when characters get suspicious of one another and I hope the character interaction comes into play based on how your actions.

BTA

Relationship stats? That's way more than I expected from this game, huh; hopefully it'll work well in practice, because that's a pretty interesting thing to include.

Robaperas

"¨Typical dumb blonde¨ ? Really? Holy shit, PR people...

popcorn.gif

Stop criticizing things so people don't get all confused by thinking you're offended.

Good to see this game getting more attention, it looks really nice and has some interesting gameplay options.

Shin-Ra

This probably affects stuff like giving the flare gun to your partner, if they fire or keep it for later like they were trying for in the PS Access demo but everything was randomised up until that point for the demo.

SCEJA just uploaded the same part of the game with Japanese VO.

https://youtu.be/fuP4nH4pmr0

(she just fires the flare herself btw)

Top Bottom