• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Arcade launches September 19th. That's next week.

magnumpy

It launches in over 150 countries to start. Over 100 games to start. The price is $4.99 a month for a family subscription.

Apple dipping their toes into the streaming future?

Apple, like Disney, is rich enough that it can afford to eat costs for years as people learn to love its new service.

You can try it for a one-month trial period, for what that's worth.

Last edited:

jts

...hate me...
$5 a month works out to $60 a year. That's likely more than the average user spends yearly on mobile games, so I doubt there are costs to eat. It will make Apple and developers money.

magnumpy

I like Apple, but I definitely won't be subscribing.

ok, you won't be subscribing, but will the average user? apple has a lot of clout and name recognition. don't get me wrong, I personally hate apple (lowercase A apple) but against my best recommendations apple products are very popular with the mass market.

CyberPanda

Banned
ok, you won't be subscribing, but will the average user? apple has a lot of clout and name recognition. don't get me wrong, I personally hate apple (lowercase A apple) but against my best recommendations apple products are very popular with the mass market.
I'm sure the service will do great otherwise.

theHFIC

I was out until I found out there is going to be a new Chu Chu Rocket launching on the platform. Because of that I will have to give the free month trial a shot.

Keihart

"THEY ARE RICH"...."you can try it free for one month". That's pretty funny, what a big handout, such a nice gesture from Apple.

Last edited:

Keihart

Do you expect them to give it away?
I don't know, i was making a remark about the remark of Apple having deep pockets to make streaming work. Sounds silly since there are way deeper pockets on the race already, like Google or Sony or Microsoft.

Shmunter

The fact u can pair an Xbox or DS4 is game changing. I have ios13 running on the AppleTV, paired a ds4 and games just work with it out of the box. It’s a flipping console!

And iPad and iPhone will do it too. Pair a ds4 and even play your PS4 remote on it.

Gaming on mobile is taking a big turn here.

magnumpy

or minecraft. or some facsimile of minecraft. that's what should be expected from this. maybe after a number of years they will develop their own first party studios?

D:

Top Bottom