• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Event 4.20.21 | Spring Loaded

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Edit: the event is over. Recap: Apple Card Family, Podcasts, purple iPhone 12 and 12 mini, AirTag, Apple TV 4K and redesigned Siri remote, new iMac, and the new iPad Pro.

appleinvite.0.jpg

MacRumors has a rundown on what to expect:

Rumor regarding Podcast subscription:

How to watch:

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Apple's great at utilizing Last Mover Advantage, and AirTags will probably be another example of this. Hopefully some cool new tech on the iPad Pros as well.

"Spring Loaded" So they are either going to show off their own foldable smartphone, or introduce a new spring keyed keyboard for tablets/macs, or some other non event - doubt they will show off any AR glassware or anything noteworthy.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
"Spring Loaded" So they are either going to show off their own foldable smartphone, or introduce a new spring keyed keyboard for tablets/macs, or some other non event - doubt they will show off any AR glassware or anything noteworthy.

That tag really is apt.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Might get new iPad Pro, my 2018 one has done me well but I always like me a new screen.

Hari Seldon

Podcast plus really? There is not a single podcast I would subscribe to other than maybe Dan Carlin's Hardcore History since they are as long as audio books anyway. But I could just buy those for $1/episode. Every single other podcast is replaceable.

Trogdor1123

Podcast plus really? There is not a single podcast I would subscribe to other than maybe Dan Carlin's Hardcore History since they are as long as audio books anyway. But I could just buy those for $1/episode. Every single other podcast is replaceable.
His podcast really is great,. He has a second one as well. Its very similar.

I would be interested if they pull in other podcasts that have subscriber additions like mysterious universe (a fun show that really doesn't take it self to seriously) and all the parcast ones (are those all only on Spotify though?).

It’s well known this event is primarily about iPads. Not phones or keyboards.
Anticipate an all new flip out spring loaded keyboard for the IPad. And no, - apple events are primarily product event's not directly tied to any particular product. This event is typically used to in fact
tease other events and other products.

Not expecting anything exciting. Probably just a new iPad Pro, Air Tags, new Podcast crap, and maybe new Air Pods. Will be super surprised if we see the new iMacs. That’s what I’m waiting for 😋

Oh maybe we’ll finally get iOS 14.5 final. Think we’re on 8th beta now :messenger_tears_of_joy:

spring announcements suck. WWDC + Fall is where the fun is at.

Last edited:

dem

Looks like they attempted to fix the AppleTV remote....

hopefully its not trash like the last one.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Should you really show some one breaking into your new super high tech space ship facility?

It was the CEO :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom