• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Event October 2020 - Hi Speed

CloudNull

Banned
you imply that they moved 100% of the production outside of China, that is just not true.

Not only the major production volume is chinese, but the 'production' done in other countries such as Brazil and India, is only the assembly.

TLDR: apple products are still chinese.

Well son of a bitch... this is concerning. Looks like it’s time to start my local manufacturing plant.

Edit: I did more research. 380 of 809 production facilities are in China but Apple is trying to further distance themselves from China because of Covid and Trumps tarrifs. Another win for the Carrot....fuck China.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Well son of a bitch... this is concerning. Looks like it’s time to start my local manufacturing plant.

Edit: I did more research. 380 of 809 production facilities are in China but Apple is trying to further distance themselves from China because of Covid and Trumps tarrifs. Another win for the Carrot....fuck China.

My phone's origin shipping point was Zhengzhou, unfortunately. I do agree that it is a win to have Apple pull out as much manufacturing from China as possible, though.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous

But LOOK at the CAMERA. IT DOES SUPER HD ULTRA HI RES 4K BLA BLA. LOOK AT THE CAMERA! You need to buy a new charger tho, it's not in the box.

They could have easily used the USB-C port for charging, then your existing chargers and fast chargers would have worked, and that would have been a benefit. But no lets make everyone buy new shit.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Went from 11 pro max to 12 pro; ended up returning the 12pro and going to wait for the 12 pro max. The design is fantastic and the blue color looks great, but the going down to the normal size wasnt as easy as I thought it would be, it really was hurting my eyes.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Mine was scheduled to be delivered nov 3 - 6 but it just shipped today and I’ll get it next week. So fyi they seem to be running ahead of schedule :)

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Mine was scheduled to be delivered nov 3 - 6 but it just shipped today and I’ll get it next week. So fyi they seem to be running ahead of schedule :)

I am curious what your thoughts are on the camera upgrade. The base 12 is leagues ahead of the 8. It's quite incredible. Night mode especially.

diffusionx

Gold Member
But LOOK at the CAMERA. IT DOES SUPER HD ULTRA HI RES 4K BLA BLA. LOOK AT THE CAMERA! You need to buy a new charger tho, it's not in the box.

They could have easily used the USB-C port for charging, then your existing chargers and fast chargers would have worked, and that would have been a benefit. But no lets make everyone buy new shit.

Why are you even posting in this thread if you're here to dump on iPhone like an Android shill from 2012?

Certinty

Sorry to bump this but every time I plug my iPhone 12 Pro to charge, it takes a second or two to recognise it is charging. Is this normal? The last iPhone I had was the X years ago and I don't remember this happening with that.

Top Bottom