• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Event September 15 [Watch Series 6, Fitness+, new iPad, iPad Air]

dorkimoe

rumor this is for watch and iPad
apple_september_2020_event.jpg

Digital only

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
What do people want with the iPhone 12? I’m guessing more powerful chips and better battery life

-Arcadia-

Banned
This is the one where new iPads, maybe a mini, might show up? If so, super excited. It's just about time for me to upgrade.

Paasei

Hoping to see a new iPhone. First time ever I care, as I'm going to make the switch for the first time.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I need 5G man def need a faster speed to max out my 10GB monthly datacap

Revoh

I'm waiting for the AW S6. Will be my first smart watch, and as I have adopted a more active lifestyle this year, I can't wait to have it.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm hoping for some apple silicone Mac reveals. Either the rumoured 12 inch or 13 inch Pro would be great for the wife.

Way too early.

I'm looking forward to iPhone 12 news, Samsung's going to be shit for a couple years until they fix their exynos mess, it's time to switch back to iPhone.

.hacked

In the market for AppleTV since my roku doesn’t have the peacock or hbo max app so here is hoping they fixed the god awful remote.

Waiting for iPhone 12 design, I may upgrade from iPhone X.

and no iPad for me, got the new iPad Pro 12.9 2020 months ago, so... I don’t want to be like rtx 2080ti users.

belmarduk

More excited about the iPhone 12 than any of the next gen systems.

but why? Because of mmwave?
I personally am looking forward to the ARM macs. They haven't updated the 12' Macbook since 2017 and mine has seen better days.. I know it was overpriced and underpowered but i just loved the form factor. Rumor has it that these new Macbooks will have 20 hour battery life and you can put it in your bag and not even notice its there.

Liberty4all

Banned
New iPad? I’m still using my iPad Air 2. One of my best tech purchases ever. I was devastated to hear it’s losing support in IOS 14

Last edited:

RPS37

Excited to see them announce yet another phone that doesn’t encourage me to upgrade from my X.

edit: looks like no phones?
Well, I’m also not upgrading from my watch series 3 or my 10.5 in. iPad Pro.

Last edited:

Hakiroto

Any new exciting features coming to the iPhone 12?

If the rumours are true, a 120Hz ProMotion display is exciting. It's one of those things where once you try it, anything else looks bad. I have the iPad Pro with ProMotion and scrolling on there is great. Also, apparently, all models of the iPhone 12 will have OLED screens as opposed to just the Pro models. If you're interested in 5G then there's that, I guess. Other than those features, the new design, if rumours are to be believed, looks great. I really liked the iPhone 4/5 square-edge models.

Carton

I was looking forward to seeing a true iPad Pro upgrade for 2020 at this event - one with the A14X and a microled panel - but it is rumoured this has been bumped into 2021. I think it will just be an iPad Air upgrade and Apple Watch, both of which are interesting but nothing that personally excites me.

The next iPhones will have to wait until an October reveal and I look forward to seeing the new design, albeit with seemingly the same notch.

belmarduk

I was going to pick up an iPhone 12 pro max as a gift for my SO but one of its reported features will be mmWave but I have yet to find a map showing where this coverage is actually available. If anybody can post one, I would be very grateful.

One thing I was going to get for myself was an updated Apple silicone MacBook 12. It’s just the perfect machine for travel and I already have my Switch for portable gaming.

Pagusas

Elden Member
but why? Because of mmwave?
I personally am looking forward to the ARM macs. They haven't updated the 12' Macbook since 2017 and mine has seen better days.. I know it was overpriced and underpowered but i just loved the form factor. Rumor has it that these new Macbooks will have 20 hour battery life and you can put it in your bag and not even notice its there.

because of the cameras and it’s time for me to upgrade. I use my phone more than anything, so it’s exciting to get a new one.

Super Mario

Banned
I always get a giggle at the discussion before these. Like what are they going to announce?!

It's like getting excited for Levi's announcing their 2021 jeans

dorkimoe

people are saying this is a hours long which means its probably phones as well.
‘they also been removing iPhone 11 videos from their site, and AR would tease for a phone not an ipad. Yay

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i really hope there are iPhones there.

my pixel 3a xl is a piece of garbage and i need a new phone. i'm done with android and going back to iOS. last one i bought was the 6S but didn't like it. before that it was the 4S which i had for 2 years.

i was tempted to get an iPhone 11...even knowing news one are near but i'm trying to hold off. my stupid phone won't even charge and i was nearly late for work because i plugged it in to charge (which it didn't) and my alarm didn't go off.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
A little over an hour left. If it's just iPads and Watch (SE and 6) it's less interesting for me. I suspect it will be more as the event is scheduled for 2 hours. Maybe more on new versions of iOS and MacOS?

Apple store page showing 'Be Right Back' ahead of the event.

Last edited:

TheContact

I was about to get my kids a couple ipad Minis but I'm gonna hold off for either a price drop or a new model for the same price. Always like watching these events anyway.

supernova8

Banned
Maybe I'm spend too much time on GAF but there's like... zero hype?

Is nobody excited to see what they do with these new laptops running ARM?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Maybe I'm spend too much time on GAF but there's like... zero hype?

Is nobody excited to see what they do with these new laptops running ARM?

I'll be tuning in, and I'm interested in what they do with their ARM Macbooks and the next Apple Watch et al.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to seeing what this next Watch revision will look like. I've been thinking about getting one for a while now.

Top Bottom