• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Event September 15 [Watch Series 6, Fitness+, new iPad, iPad Air]

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man, these production values are so slick. There's no way they ever go back to live conferences, is there?

TTOOLL

Production levels are off the chart....

Edit: my Garmin already does this. Nice, Apple

Edit: I hope they improve metrics for exercises, it's pretty poor right now. Also, there's no way to set HR zones or do interval workouts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
They just keep adding sensor functionality to this thing. Is there any other watch/consumer health wearable device remotely as sophisticated?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, this is huge depending on pricing. Smartwatches for kids are garbage, but this could be a game changer.

TheContact

the series 6 is nice, the blood oxygen sensor is really helpful, but i'm still content with my 4. i probably won't upgrade my watch until the watch itself can do things like stream podcasts/music without the need for the phone to be in bluetooth range. i do like the new bands though, i might pick one up.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn... going to be a lot of families getting that SE for kids. I might be picking up a few myself.

TheContact

no power adapter with apple watch

i can understand not doing it for the phones, because those chargers are everywhere, but it seems like with the watch that's a required accessory. did i miss something? are they only excluding the brick or just the wireless charging cable?

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
i can understand not doing it for the phones, because those chargers are everywhere, but it seems like with the watch that's a required accessory. did i miss something? are they only excluding the brick or just the wireless charging cable?
just the brick

LordOfChaos

I figured the Apple Watch SE was going to be replacing the 3, but the 3 is actually staying around at the same price it was already at. Not even a price drop, that's kinda dated. But the SE is decently cheaper than the 6 with most of the features you'd want.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
ngtOmoi.png

supernova8

Banned
$30 a month lol - go fuck yourselvesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I might pick up the $199 watch but I'm not giving them a monthly fee for anything.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Apple One Family looks like a damn good deal.
As someone who pays for Spotify and Apple TV Plus, I feel like I should give it a look as I could pay the same and get more. I like the price but I am not going to switch to Apple for my daily driver. Can anyone comment on Apple music for Android?

Jonsoncao

Banned
Apple is cashing crazy from COVID-19 lol, along with the wall street shills benefiting from lots of old people dying.

I bet they just hope everyone in the US is anti-vax and the pandemic can last forever.

TheContact

great demo, really shows off how game changing eletronic pencils are. my laptop came with one and writing helps me commit things to memory much better than typing

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yes! This better mean Touch ID is back in iPhones, too. I can finally upgrade from my 7 Plus.

Top Bottom