• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Event September 15 [Watch Series 6, Fitness+, new iPad, iPad Air]

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
azC6lID.png

HeadsUp7Up

Yeah, News+ would be a decent perk for the WSJ and some magazines that I wouldn't normally pay for.
Agreed. I normally wouldn’t subscribe to News+ but to have that, Fitness and even Arcade for a few extra bucks over what I’m currently paying is a no-brainer.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus... another new Apple Pencil model? They better not kill compatibility for the 2nd gen.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I will probably cave on the Apple One premium tier since I love News Plus. It will be a tough switch from Spotify to Apple Music though.

Watch series 6 seems cool but not enough to upgrade from he series 5.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Stock price going dooooown. :messenger_beermugs:

edit: spoke too soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheContact

still debating between getting ipad minis for my kids or the new 8th gen ipads. the latter seems like the better value, but i'd prefer them to have something small they can carry around

LordCBH

They showed a lot of good products, IMO. But nothing that couldn’t have just been a mid week press release.
I want the new Apple Watch, the $329 iPad is a great value, and the new Air looks great, but about $100 too expensive.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
That Apple Watch SE seems like a pretty good package.

Probably going to get one for my son this year or next with the Family Setup option. Just need to figure out how cellular pricing works with my carrier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovek

7Member7
The new iPad air is nice and Apple one for people who are already deep in Apples eco system is a great deal especially if you can share it with family.

HeadsUp7Up

still debating between getting ipad minis for my kids or the new 8th gen ipads. the latter seems like the better value, but i'd prefer them to have something small they can carry around
Trust me, they can carry around a regular sized iPad. My 3 year old kid has no problems with it when we allow him time to use ours.

TTOOLL

Good show but I'm still disappointed with the exercise metrics especially for running, I don't need it but my gf has an AW so...

HeadsUp7Up

Fitness+ looks nuts
Blood oxygen and cardio is 🔥
iPad Air is like Pro without the ridiculous camera spend
Apple One is a crazy good deal
Insane A14
iOS14 stealth drop tomorrow

amazing show all around
I’m looking forward to the Apple One stuff more than anything else. My wife’s OG Apple Watch broke about 8 weeks ago but I told her we should wait. Looks like that was the smart move since the new watches are great and good price/performance ratio.

TheContact

Trust me, they can carry around a regular sized iPad. My 3 year old kid has no problems with it when we allow him time to use ours.

yeah i'm not saying they can't. my 6yo uses my first gen ipad air without issue, i just like the form factor better in the mini since they're lighter and easier to carry. i would be getting one for my 4yo son as well. i'm comparing the current ipad mini (5th gen) to the new ipad (8th gen) and the latter is cheaper, bigger, has same processor, a bigger resolution but less ppi, no anti reflective coating on the screen, and a worse camera. But comparing these two, it makes sense just to get the bigger one. I just wish the mini was a bit cheaper.

JimboJones

Apple watch Series 6 and Series SE?!
I don't understand, I'm so confused with the name.
Can someone explain it to me, my granny is gonna be so confused.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I'm in for the Series 6 or sure. Finally time to jump on this Apple Watch train.

Honestly one of the best devices I've owned. I've tried FItbits, Android Wear, Garmin... None of them offer a good middle of the road product that does smart watch features while also doing activity tracking well. In the case of Android, it does none of it well at all.

You won't regret it, I suspect.

HeadsUp7Up

yeah i'm not saying they can't. my 6yo uses my first gen ipad air without issue, i just like the form factor better in the mini since they're lighter and easier to carry. i would be getting one for my 4yo son as well. i'm comparing the current ipad mini (5th gen) to the new ipad (8th gen) and the latter is cheaper, bigger, has same processor, a bigger resolution but less ppi, no anti reflective coating on the screen, and a worse camera. But comparing these two, it makes sense just to get the bigger one. I just wish the mini was a bit cheaper.
I understand completely. The mini is actually one of my favorite designs but the value just isn’t there anymore (not sure if there ever was). We still have an OG mini that is slower than molasses but I can’t bring myself to buy a new one because the larger ones are just better.

TTOOLL

So, they did remove the charger on the AW and didn't reduce the price. People will defend this I'm sure.

dorkimoe

I think I’ll bet an iPad Air soon and sell my 12.9 pro. I don’t do anything except browsing internet and candy crush.

Top Bottom