• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 11 Event: Sept 10, 2019

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I feel like they made the pro and then they said, fuck its too much, throw in a cheaper model for the peasants

JORMBO

Darkness no more
64GB. Bonkers.

Thanks. I’ll probably keep my 6s+ until they add 5g. These phones are getting really expensive considering I would need to get one with more then 64gb.

For a phone called “Pro” it should start with 128gb then I’d consider.

Last edited:

nocsi

Neural engine improvements, but apple still doesn't expose the correct CNN interfaces I need - they tailor to image processing. Meanwhile, all you peasants are crying about camera and storage sizes.

PSlayer

these prices are fucking stupid, i dunno how the working class tolerates this shit

It depends of what you mean by "working class". Iphone is too expensive to normal people.

You either have a pretty good job/life style or you're reckless with your money.

Tesseract

Banned
It depends of what you mean by "working class". Iphone is too expensive to normal people.

You either have a pretty good job/life style or you're reckless with your money.

or you're not reckless with your money and this shit is still far out of reach

i'm not that guy btw, but a lot of people around me could never afford one of these

Chittagong

Gold Member
Apple Watch Series 5 - crap
Apple TV+ - crap
Apple Arcade - crap
Dalk Sours - clap

iPad - ok
iPhone 11 - ok

Deep Fusion - amazing
Night Mode - amazing
iPhone 11 Pro - amazing (cameras + 5h extra battery + durability)

The best thing to come out of this keynote is the new iPhone naming scheme.

Skipping the watch this year, but will go from XS Max 256 to 11 Pro Max 256.

PSlayer

or you're not reckless with your money and this shit is still far out of reach

i'm not that guy btw, but a lot of people around me could never afford one of these
I was talking about people who "tolerate" those prices(i.e. those who buy it) but yeah you're right.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
After how long we were stuck with Microsoft's Windows besides the amount of problems with the product, I have no hope that we'll ever get rid of Apple.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
On Apple website...
Pro Max 256gb $1249. 512gb $1449
Pro 256gb $1149. 512gb $1349
Regular 11 128gb $749. 256gb $849

Last edited:

Von Hugh

9b7.jpg

Durask

dorkimoe

I was talking about people who "tolerate" those prices(i.e. those who buy it) but yeah you're right.
I only tolerate the prices because I

1) have the money to buy them
2) use my phone more than ANY other device i own
3) dont want a crappy android that I dont enjoy using
4) If i Upgrade every year, I sell my current phone for anywhere between $700-900, my upgrades yearly cost me $300-400

Last edited:

Fbh

Seems like a pretty straightforward upgrade. Cameras looks ugly as hell though, if we are already giving up on aesthetics can we make them a bit thicker and put bigger batteries in there? Thx

these prices are fucking stupid, i dunno how the working class tolerates this shit

Lots of people I know get them with contracts and paying in instances and shit like that. Service providers are smart and offer "no initial payment" or "free with a contract for a billion years" options and other stuff like that, and people fall for them. I know so many people that are on a $50+ monthly contract but the services they actually use would cost them like $15 at most.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Personally I have never been a fan of Android, so I have stayed with Apple since the early days of smartphones. They are expensive, but I don't mind paying that price for its design and simple, intuitive interface. Though I also never upgrade each and every year. I tend to wait 3-4 years between upgrades.

decisions

Midnight Green is a nice color. Glad the Pro is smaller but I'll wait to see if I can get that color on an SE2 in March, not about to upgrade for a camera.

Dural

Not a big Apple fan, haven't had an iPhone since the OG, but I must applaud the pricing of the 11 and XR. The 11 especially with dual cameras and high end SOC, it's going to sell gangbusters.

greyshark

Too bad there isn't a 128 GB option as the base - not sure about deciding between 64 vs. 256 GB. I have the 64 GB on my current phone which hast lasted me 4 years, but man I'll be annoyed if I use up 64 GB on this phone after a year or two.

Carton

Did they mention how much RAM the new phones have?

No, they never do. We’ll find out for sure in the forthcoming days as benchmarks appear online, but I believe the iPhone 11 was rumoured to have 4GB, so hopefully the pro models have 6GB.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Too bad there isn't a 128 GB option as the base - not sure about deciding between 64 vs. 256 GB. I have the 64 GB on my current phone which hast lasted me 4 years, but man I'll be annoyed if I use up 64 GB on this phone after a year or two.

I got to admit, I though this would be an issue, but with iCloud and auto photo/music offloading, I’ve never had space issues ever. And I’m taking thousands of photos a month on numerous vacations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom