• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Keynote September 14, 2021

AfricanKing

Currently Live here - https://www.apple.com/apple-events/event-stream/

New IPad - $299

lcimg-90987419-14bd-47ba-b425-5984e2255904.jpg
lcimg-c23efbf0-0c03-4a48-be7a-4e465d3989d6.jpg

IPad Mini - $499

lcimg-86345a67-53a1-4376-92b6-933c3d884fcd.jpg
lcimg-22c59027-13fd-4d2a-9ace-51cd2d76378c.jpg

Apple Watch Series 7

lcimg-3b2d028a-6dc3-402a-953b-8676685ecb73.jpg
lcimg-14aa558a-9905-4b58-aaa5-d35fb1ead004.jpg

IPhone 13 $799 - IPhone Mini $699
lcimg-5315597c-7d4c-44c7-9361-2d56aa53b6f8.jpg
lcimg-ec725617-e8fb-44e9-bf00-8490985843a6.jpg

Screen specs!
Camera updates.

Chip specs.
lcimg-9dc38d7f-d8cd-4f22-9836-b9c3978ea4ce.jpg

IPhone 13 Pro $999 & IPhone Pro Max $1099 - September 24th Release Date for all Models

lcimg-fb0aaa6b-d407-48e6-b610-f40d6e6e1027.jpg
lcimg-ec8834f2-c2dc-4efb-abdd-6976f97b3909.jpg

lcimg-7ddff09c-a101-4d20-9252-57367546f63b.jpg
lcimg-f89ab288-b83c-4bd1-832b-06aa83edfe87.jpg

The new iPhone lineup, by price
lcimg-a194780c-218b-4835-a70c-847baa93d76f.jpg

Last edited:

McCheese

Everything is marginally better.

Edit: wait, last years phones started at 64gb? fucking hell, 128gb is hardly anything to be proud of in 2021 either.

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
You know its a shitty upgrade when they say "30% better then the leading competition".... leading in what? Power? Sales? Price? ... lol

LordCBH

This event is a snooze. Should’ve dropped the $329 iPad and the fitness stuff, and spent less time on the “it’s upgraded we swear” phones and just bundled this event and a Mac event together.
Also I can’t believe they’re still selling the shitty series 3 watch. It’s a horrifically bad buy this year just as it was last year.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Looks like no reason to upgrade phone or watch this year. Now let's see those new Macbook Pros.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Wait a sec.. dynamic 10hz to 120hz is pretty dope.. I love the promotion on the ipad pro,
then again.

No usb-c
No touch ID
Still a screen notch.

The new ipad mini redesign looked pretty sweet does it support 120hz? Also please just make a mini that i can use as a phone.

Last edited:

McCheese

Is the A15 on the iPad mini enough to warrant the extra £150 over the regular-joe iPad which has an A13? It seems like an odd trade-off that the smaller device is more powerful, I can't see folks jumping all the way up to the pro to get the best of both.

Soodanim

Is the A15 on the iPad mini enough to warrant the extra £150 over the regular-joe iPad which has an A13? It seems like an odd trade-off that the smaller device is more powerful, I can't see folks jumping all the way up to the pro to get the best of both.
That's what stood out to me. When the Mini is more expensive than the standard model it makes me wonder who the markets are for each model.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Guided meditations are a nice easy win for Fitness+.
Group workouts are cool too but if my wife and I want to do yoga together it’s still impractical.

I will most likely get the Series 7 watch next year as my 5 has been put through the ringer

dorkimoe

Gold Member
In for a watch.
also it really is a terrible upgrade to a 13. That being said I’m in for a 13 pro max. They are giving me 790$ for my iPhone 12 Pro Max. So new phone will cost me $450

Rockondevil

Been holding on to my X since it released and the only reason I've considered upgrading is my battery is quite deteriorated.
TBH though I'll probably just get a new battery in it if this is what's on offer.

Erebus

Pretty lukewarm upgrade as expected. I'm pondering if I should upgrade from 11 Pro. Is ProMotion a big deal?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Pretty lukewarm upgrade as expected. I'm pondering if I should upgrade from 11 Pro. Is ProMotion a big deal?
The impact of a 120hz display will depend on what you use it for tbh. For me, on a phone, I don't need 120. On iPad? It's more interesting for me there, with art apps and such.

If you mobile game and frame rate matters to you, it would be a huge boost. Will also drain the battery much faster.

Trogdor1123

I was android until late 2019. I had never owned an iPhone prior. Made the switch and there’s been no looking back. I bathe in the ecosystem now.
We're making that change this year too. I have a pixel 4 xl and it's just garbage. Probably going to grab a 12 or 13 for my self and a 13 pro for the wife in the next 2 months.

As for the event, talk about meh. Everything was just a slight iteration. Only thing that wasn't was the iPad mini and you are really paying for those changes wow.

Blond

Banned
Watch Series 3 just won’t die!

But it’s also a horrible value considering the amount of stainless steel series 4-5 that are under 200 on the used market…

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
We're making that change this year too. I have a pixel 4 xl and it's just garbage. Probably going to grab a 12 or 13 for my self and a 13 pro for the wife in the next 2 months.

As for the event, talk about meh. Everything was just a slight iteration. Only thing that wasn't was the iPad mini and you are really paying for those changes wow.
I hated having to get a new phone every few years due to lack of support on Android. My old phone kept crashing while I was at the airport (using the app as my pass) and I just got sick of it. I picked up a used iPhone 8 in 2019 and it worked way better than the android phone I had that came out the same year. Blew my mind. Wound up getting the 12 at release and probably won't upgrade for a few years.

The Apple Watch is really what sold me on the whole thing though. I went through 3 or 4 android watches and they were all tossed within 6-months because of how terrible they were.

I had a Nexus 9 or whatever the tablet was back in the day too. The thing was unusable because of how slow it was. Just terrible all around.

dcll

Banned
I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences.
Pixel is great and I will be going pack to one for sure, the only reason I am not on mine now is I shattered the screen and found a cheap iPhone to try. The absolute only thing I’ll miss from iPhone is getting PayPal from the google rewards app, on my Pixel is gives Play store credit

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I hated having to get a new phone every few years due to lack of support on Android. My old phone kept crashing while I was at the airport (using the app as my pass) and I just got sick of it. I picked up a used iPhone 8 in 2019 and it worked way better than the android phone I had that came out the same year. Blew my mind. Wound up getting the 12 at release and probably won't upgrade for a few years.

The Apple Watch is really what sold me on the whole thing though. I went through 3 or 4 android watches and they were all tossed within 6-months because of how terrible they were.

I had a Nexus 9 or whatever the tablet was back in the day too. The thing was unusable because of how slow it was. Just terrible all around.
Airpods?

bitbydeath

That's what stood out to me. When the Mini is more expensive than the standard model it makes me wonder who the markets are for each model.
I gather businesses must be getting in on the mini for easier transportation. The regular is great for my kids though, might be time to upgrade.

belmarduk

Supposedly, the next iteration of iPhones will be made from titanium. That would be reason enough to upgrade. This year offered nothing of the sort.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Why does Iphone batteries are so pathetic

Only 3095 mah for Iphone 13 that is laughable

Newer samsung and chinese phone have over 6000-7000 mah batteries with almost half the price of iphone 13

Last edited:

Erebus

The impact of a 120hz display will depend on what you use it for tbh. For me, on a phone, I don't need 120. On iPad? It's more interesting for me there, with art apps and such.

If you mobile game and frame rate matters to you, it would be a huge boost. Will also drain the battery much faster.
I can't say I regularly play games on my iPhone, I've even cancelled my Apple Arcade subscription last year because I saw no point in it, especially with being locked in the house due to covid, thus playing games on PC or console.

Having said that, if it's something noticeable in the interface I believe I'd appreciate the extra fluidity.

Top Bottom