• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Media Event - 1080p AppleTV, 4G/LTE 2048x1536 iPad, same price, Mar 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Let's talk about the tag line.

We all know what See is about. Clearly the retina.

But Touch? It can't just be the same ol', can it? It would be a boring conference with just a faster processor and an HD screen*. But what is it about the Touch line in the invite? Maybe haptic feedback?

*New Apple TV, too, I hear.

I found an example.

iMiWGadjGpOs.jpg

Change the lighting and colouring and it'll look virtually identical.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
iPad 3 and apple tv. Apple tv app with remote for iPad. And Siri.

There already is a Remote app for the AppleTV that is universal.

I'm pretty sure we're going to get a new AppleTV box along with the iPad HD or Pro (I'm thinking they are going to switch up the naming convention this year).

JCreasy

But Touch? It can't just be the same ol', can it? It would be a boring conference with just a faster processor and an HD screen*. But what is it about the Touch line in the invite? Maybe haptic feedback?

YES!!!

tumblr_lrmdf0EW1j1qbp3j5.gif

railGUN

Banned
Can't wait, I'm in day 1.

Question: do places like Walmart get these things for launch day? I live in a small town with a Walmart but no Apple store for miles, is there any chance I can buy it day 1, or will I have to order online?

noah111

Still Alive
Still. Apple should refund or upgrade anyone who bought an iPad 2 in 2012. Knowing their greed, they won't.
Their greed? The fuck are you talking man, they're known to give upgraded products to those who recently bought an old version, or at least discount iirc.

blackflag

Yeah, if all the back pic leaks are to be believed, that really sucks..

Yeah, i'm gonna be keeping my iPad 1 as well for the same reason. Finally I can have some freedom though, huge reason why I can't wait for this is so I can get back to reading on an iPad again (in retina!!).

Yeah my 4 year old and now my 2 year old end up boggarting my ipad and i just let them use it to keep the peace. They aren't touching the 3

RubxQub

Their greed? The fuck are you talking man, they're known to give upgraded products to those who recently bought an old version, or at least discount iirc.

You just replied to giga, by the way. :p

noah111

Still Alive

I wouldn't look that far into it. iPad is known for touch so they just put in a cute little "and touch" bit. Wouldn't be surprised at all if there is nothing new at all software-wise or hardware-wise in relation to touch feedback.

There already is a Remote app for the AppleTV that is universal.

I'm pretty sure we're going to get a new AppleTV box along with the iPad HD or Pro (I'm thinking they are going to switch up the naming convention this year).

Ah. Did not know that. Maybe a better one with "tighter integration" or however they can say it?

Ah hell. Siri with iPad and apple tv then.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Clearly touch means touching the new stylus which touches the screen. Twice the touch.

RubxQub

If it isn't retina grade the Thread Title has to be changed and an apology issued.

I'm almost definitely putting the argument for why the reported resolution WOULD be considered Retina right in the OP so we can kill that conversation quickly :p

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

That is bullshit, dude. Apple clearly knew people were still buying iPad 2 models to this day. While releasing the 3? Come on. That's greedy. People are getting screwed left and right.

jts

...hate me...
Hmm. I'd say there would be a hint on the invitation if Siri were to debut on the iPad. Or maybe the iPhone 4S invitation is still too fresh on me.

IDK, but if there's a betting pool, you can place my bet that Siri won't make it to the iPad. Not this time.

Tobor

I wouldn't look that far into it. iPad is known for touch so they just put in a cute little "and touch" bit. Wouldn't be surprised at all if there is nothing new at all software-wise or hardware-wise in relation to touch feedback.

Agreed.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
That is bullshit, dude. Apple clearly knew people were still buying iPad 2 models to this day. While releasing the 3? Come on. That's greedy. People are getting screwed left and right.

Giga might not be serious, but he seems to be.

It's even worse since Apple activates the killswitch on earlier models once the newer model is debuted. Dead iPads and iPhones all around us.

Sean

Banned
Pretty sure that's incorrect.

New versions of iOS have always been previewed at WWDC. They used to coincide with new iPhone hardware, but that seems over.

If I remember correctly Apple always used to do a (developer-focused) iPhone event around March/April time frame and reveal, release the iOS beta there. With last year being the exception, WWDC was always used the final recap/official release.

Too lazy to search for the others but iOS4 was initially unveiled April 8, 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0xTdlq-njA

It's not like iPad 2 is a bad product, I fucking love mine with the rich Red Corinthian leather cover and ten hours of battery life.

I won't lie, as an Android fan I'm pretty excite about the prospect of an iPad with a GPU even better than the 543MP2.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't live without chrome and a legit google music app though (apparently an API for the latter is in the works though)

bob page

It's not like iPad 2 is a bad product, I fucking love mine with the rich Red Corinthian leather cover and ten hours of battery life.

Yeah, I love mine too. I'm really trying hard to not sell it. Unless the reveal is really mindblowing, I'll probably wait a bit.

RubxQub

It's even worse since Apple activates the killswitch on earlier models once the newer model is debuted. Dead iPads and iPhones all around us.

The killswitch is called iOS6. Apple hides system crippling software under the guise of a feature-filled operating system. Everyone gets a shittier experience on older devices and want to upgrade as a result!

Like clockwork.

...and that's not even really a lie in my mind. I have no doubt that Apple gives much less of a shit about older hardware..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom