• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple |OT| TV/Arcade/iPad/mac/iPhone

dottme

Sep 28, 2013
It looks ok and they try to add details. But yes, the next generation is going to be more interested as it looks like the PS5 and the XSX follow 2 different philosophy.

dottme

Sep 28, 2013
I don't think Apple is interested in turning the iPhone into a mini computer, Android style.

That experimentation is happening on the iPad.
That’s a shame. Now that they are slowly getting MacOS to run on Apple Silicon, I’m really looking to some day where I can boot in MacOS from my iPhone after I plug it to a screen/keyboard/mouse.
I think what Samsung is doing with Samsung DEX is interesting, but there isn’t any ecosystem for Android desktop.

Reactions: Bitmap Frogs

Bitmap Frogs

Dec 26, 2008
Spain
So, hey. The new Pro Max is getting a wide camera sensor close-ish to the RX100 sensor... wowza.

For those who aren't aware, the RX100 is the most succesful of the so called 1-inch sensor cameras that have essentially become the de-facto "compact-cam for serious users".

Obviously the RX100 will still be the better tool, but damn Apple is about to put a serious tool in those pro max phones.

Suicide King

Neo Member
Oct 10, 2020
I started playing The Survivalists and Yaga after I renewed my Arcade subscription (mostly to play Crossy Road Castle with my girlfriend) and I'm amazed at how well they still run on an iPhone 8. But now I kinda want a 12. Performance will probably be even more insane, but damn, that camera is probably good enough to make me stop carrying my mirrorless camera everywhere.

Reactions: dottme

Maiden Voyage

Sep 5, 2014
USA
Got a base 12 with 128gb storage. Not arriving until Nov 10th. Went with the wireless charger, case, and wallet.

Edit: Weird, the checkout said Nov 10, but my confirmation email still says Oct 23rd. I guess I will have to wait and see which is correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bitmap Frogs

diffusionx

Feb 25, 2006
I think there is some sort of odd-even thing with iOS, as, iOS 13 was pretty lame and a real buggy piece of shit,. but I think ios14 is great. Even on iPad- I can use the whole thing with a stylus now. I wrote this whole post with the Apple Pencil in the text box. The recognition is not perfect but it seems to be getting better. I wish the iPhone would support it Galaxy note style. Of course Android fans are going to laugh at this but the Home Screen make the interface much more useful and change the way I use it.

Maiden Voyage

Sep 5, 2014
USA
Loving the 12 so far. It is certainly a nice upgrade from the 8. I’ve only really just begun to mess around with the cameras but I am impressed so far.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Dec 17, 2004
Still waiting on the 12 Mini. Anyone here grab a red 12? I’d be interested to see photos.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Dec 17, 2004
Some influencers got one, notably MKBHD. It looks more coral than 'red'.

Thanks. I did see this video and do prefer coral over red. Was hoping others had photos of their own phones. I dislike the Product Red logo on the back.

Thaedolus

Jun 9, 2004
Just got my 12 Pro over a week earlier than they estimated. Restoring from iTunes backup now. Holy shit I forgot how big these were after being on a 7 for months.

dottme

Sep 28, 2013
Just got my 12 Pro over a week earlier than they estimated. Restoring from iTunes backup now. Holy shit I forgot how big these were after being on a 7 for months.
I know some friend complaining the 11 Pro max being too heavy. I’m waiting for the mini to replace my iPhone X.

Thaedolus

Jun 9, 2004
Yeah I’m actually glad I didn’t get the max even though I’m sure I’ll get used to the size really quickly.

So far VZW 5G test at my house blows, 4mb up and 2 down. LTE was always really slow here too, but I’d expect 5G with 4 bars to be better than that. I’ll have to check it around town tomorrow in some spots I know to be reliable on LTE. On WiFi or not network-dependent stuff the thing loads stuff up damn near instantly. There’s snappiness and then there’s this, I’m super impressed.