• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Pre-order Thread - iPhone 8, 8+, Watch Series 3, AppleTV 4K

NYR

My Apple Watch Series 3 had 7 hours and 12 minutes of usage and 1 day 17 hours of standby and I still had 32% battery remaining.

INSANE
I haven’t got lower than 60% in a single day yet, I charge it nightly but I am realizing you really could get away with two days without.

Sean

Banned
I haven’t got lower than 60% in a single day yet, I charge it nightly but I am realizing you really could get away with two days without.

Yeah same, I've been charging mine nightly only out of habit, not because I need to. I feel like Apple really undersold the battery life improvements on the Series 3.

Yeah same, I've been charging mine nightly only out of habit, not because I need to. I feel like Apple really undersold the battery life improvements on the Series 3.

They did that for the Series 2 as well. They’ve claimed 18 hours for a couple years now which I think is a very conservative estimate

ramyeon

So after a week or so of feeling uncomfortable with my 8+... it's happened. Every time I hold a regular sized 6/7/8 it feels ridiculously small.

Vuze

So after a week or so of feeling uncomfortable with my 8+... it's happened. Every time I hold a regular sized 6/7/8 it feels ridiculously small.
Tell me about it. I had to do some stuff for my dad on his SE yesterday; it's insane how quickly you get used to the new screen size. SE size now feels like a phone for ants when it has been pretty fine just a few weeks ago lol.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I’m enjoying my Series 3 watch but can I make Siri shut up? I don’t want spoken replies.
On the watch:
Settings > General > Siri > Voice Feeback: headphones only
(No there isn’t an off option :()

Edit: Or if you leave your watch on silent mostly “control with silent mode” works too

killroy87

Just want to say that it's super frustrating that iTunes doesn't make it clear that a movie is 4K compatible unless you're browsing on the Apple TV 4K. I know my Macbook Air doesn't play in 4K, but I'd still like to be able to go to a movie's page and see that it's compatible.

Souzetsu

Had this weird issue where I had my Watch Series 3 at 100% battery before going to work and having it drop down to 5% around lunch time. I figure it must've been an odd glitch since it's been working fine after I charged it back up. After taking it off I noticed it was really warm. Anyone have that happen with any of their Watches before?

killroy87

So I picked up an Apple TV 4K, and am having a fucker of a time figuring out the best settings for this thing. For reference, I have an LG B6 4K OLED tv, it's capable of doing both HDR10 and Dolby Vision.

After I set this thing up, I went into the picture settings to figure out how it works, and it's incredibly unintuitive. The video settings is just a massive list of compatible resolutions and HDR/SDR modes, and lets me pick which one I want to use. When I watch 4K content on my Netflix TV app, the TV itself will just smartly switch to the best option available (4K/Dolby Vision/HDR10/etc), but apparently here I need to choose?

Do I want 4K 24hz? I don't want any motion smoothing or any of that shit, so is there a reason I should choose 4K 60hz? I see it offers both HDR and Dolby Vision in 4K, does that mean I need to pay attention to what content I'm watching on iTunes or Netflix and switch between these as needed? Why won't it just smartly switch? If I don't want it to force HDR on SDR content, do I need to switch again?

I consider myself at least a solid 6.5/10 literate with shit like this, and maybe I'm being dumb but this seems unintuitive in an incredibly un-Apple fashion. I just want to tell the Apple TV what my TV is capable of, and then have it smartly switch between modes as needed to give me the best (and in terms of HDR and SDR, most accurate) picture possible. I don't give a fuck if my TV has to flash black for 2 seconds each time, that's the absolute least of my worries.

Top Bottom