• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple releases budget iPhone SE priced at $399 as coronavirus stalls economy

Tesseract

Banned
I've never understood those that wank off over a phone. And the iPhone really is the Fisher Price of smart phones.
PowerlessUnfinishedHorsechestnutleafminer-size_restricted.gif

TBiddy

I like my iPhone 8. At least, I like the form factor. If I can get a speedier version of that, I'm happy.

Melon Husk

$400 is $339 in 2010 dollars when the Iphone 4 cost $599 for 16GB, and $699 for 32GB. Carrier subsidized contracts were $199 and $299.

Last edited:

GHG

They’re targeting India. That’s the next emerging market for Apple, and a $400 iPhone is a lot more affordable than the rest of the lineup. They’ll still sell a decent bunch in the US, but we’re honestly in the peripheral vision for this model.

India doesn't care for iPhones and this won't change anything.

$400 is still too expensive for India. Its one of the most price sensitive mobile phone markets in the world and it's flooded with cheap Chinese android phones. Many companies make cheap phones specifically for the Indian Market (priced at sub $200 and even sub $100 in some cases) and these phones don't ever get sold outside of India.

Last edited:

Dural

$400 is $339 in 2010 dollars when the Iphone 4 cost $599 for 16GB, and $699 for 32GB. Carrier subsidized contracts were $199 and $299.

Ahh the good old days, when you could get new newest phones for next to nothing by signing a 2 year contract. I never understood the people that complained about the contracts, how often do you really change carriers?

Amory

"here's a new phone for you to buy when you neither have any income nor need a new phone"

thanks apple

decisions

The value here is awesome and it comes in the colors I wish every iPhone came in. Please let black replace that space grey crap. A13 at this price means the phone will sell like crazy.

Thinking of giving my Dad my 11 Pro and grabbing a red one of these. The 11 Pro is too big and I absolutely despise the. Notch.

Nester99

I've never understood those that wank off over a phone. And the iPhone really is the Fisher Price of smart phones.

Never understood why some people thinkthat by Liking something I am “wanking off”

Comes of as extremely childish insecure.

it’s just a phone bro.

Durask

The fact that people here are pretending like a few mm wide bezel and a top notch is a big deal illustrates how stale the phone market is.

They're just fucking phones at this point, and I'm watching shitty memes on them, not the 4K transfer of Ben Hur

The only thing that can advance at this point is camera hardware and software.

Everything else? Pretty much every phone these days is good enough for daily use.

Rbk_3

I went from the 4 to 4S to 5 to 5s to 6 to 8 to XR. Early on it was pretty much worth it to upgrade based on the resale value, buying out the remainder of the contract and signing on another 3 year contract here in Canada. I would basically just be paying the $199 u front fee and the resale would cover the cost of buying out the contract. The numbers made sense.

Now, I plan to keep my XR for 4+ years. The upgrades have gotten so incremental it is crazy to buy a new phone yearly. I will probably get a new battery after 2 years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom