• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Reports record results, 47.8mil iPhones, 22.9mil iPads, wall street still mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
So is 450 ish the new normal for apple or do you guys think it will go down or up ?

Short term I'd say 400 is the accurate price.

It could hold or rise 500-600 if Apple somehow magically thwarts all competition while keeping margins high. More likely their margins will be reduced and their market share will be reduced with iphones and ipads. I'd say long term, 5 years from now with no new products, Apple will be around $200/share. But that's really a shot in the dark.

GeMiNii

Apple has few products; increasing competition and less margins. Their not exactly in a growing position based on these numbers.

zaBs3w.png

If anyone can give me a reason for this massive rise I'll listen; but as far as I can tell there wasn't much.

Apple is doing FINE. Its the stupid stock market people who paid more than the shares were worth who are being caught out here.
Question is not 'why are they falling when xyz' its; 'why did they rise despite zyx'

Apple does need to do more in 2013 to keep their value above that 400 mark though.

Uh what exactly does Apple need to do to keep the shares above $400? By this time next year they will have $200 Billion in CASH. At $400, their market cap will be around $376 Billion. That isn't even including all of the other non liquid assets including land they own. Just based on their assets alone, you could justify an $800 Billion dollar market cap based on current growth trends, and considering they will have half of that in assets alone in the next four years.

Seriously, all this arm chair quarterbacking on Apple is a complete farce, and illustrates what a farce the "market" in general is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom