• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple TV 4K (& A11) GPU perf more than docked Switch/PS3/360

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
To be fair, iPhone 7/AppleTV/iPad Pro trounces the PS4 and XBO in CPU performance (but even the 8/X falls short in GPU).

Cell phones are not going to catch up to midrange desktop GPUs, so that isn't surprising.

Oh, like you can say we're wrong. Mobile/"smart device" gaming is a mountain of shit with a bunch of gems buried in it - the entire ecosystem is fucked beyond repair.

Sounds like the Nintendo Wii and PC gaming before steam, Heck even now you get too much crap showing up on steam,

*cough* *cough*

pwARTLs.jpg

If Sony couldn't do it, the micro console still has ways to go before it can replace a home console.

Sony barely tried. I feel like the PSTV only existed because they had a bunch of unused Vita components sitting in a warehouse.

Oh, like you can say we're wrong. Mobile/"smart device" gaming is a mountain of shit with a bunch of gems buried in it - the entire ecosystem is fucked beyond repair.
As someone who actually plays and keeps up with mobile gaming, yes, I can say you're wrong. If you research the ecosystem a bit more then you could perhaps also see the many good parts of it.

Unless that thing can run the GTAV Xbox360 Version, it does not matter how much theoretical bigger peak performance the GPU has...

wachie

If the new Apple TV is the same size as last years then that’s quite the breakthrough to see that kind of tech in a little box
The A10X is already in the iPad Pro, so the form factor isn't shocking. A11 in iPhone form factor and providing the performance it does, in some cases close to the SL GPUs is astounding.

Pachael

As someone who actually plays and keeps up with mobile gaming, yes, I can say you're wrong. If you research the ecosystem a bit more then you could perhaps also see the many good parts of it.

He does have a point that discovery is on the 'not great' side much like PC gaming (Steam being a prime example like that thread of 5k games released this year on just that platform)

Apple make great mobile chips, it's one of the reasons why I love their devices (not that I buy them, can't afford most of their stuff)

Top Bottom