• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple WWDC 2021 | Keynote June 7 @ 10am PDT

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Fab on the new chip is rolling out something like end of July? And there were shortages reported on MiniLED displays. So we could easily see an MBP event circa August.

mango drank

Yeh, I guess they'll have to do a separate event at some point in the next months to unveil the M1X / M2, and new Mac hardware.

Kind of a let-down for me personally, there wasn't much to get excited about here. The only iDevice I own is an older iPad, and the OS updates don't look that great. I'm looking forward to learning yet another confusing multitasking setup. The 3D Maps in iOS look cool, though, with the road elevation etc. That's straight up outta the future.

2sSnmTz.jpg

Probably the only thing that could be good if it works well are the maps. Other than that, maybe the Facetime link so that I can ditch whatsapp.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
The health stuff is what’s most appealing for me. It also makes complete sense why Apple is pushing privacy so hard. There’s going to be a crazy amount of data our doctors will have access to to help preventative medicine.
It doesn't hurt that they didn't ever attempt to really go the route directly of being a major advertising company or offer things "for free" that are supplemented by data collection (which really is only useful if you.. run a data driven ad company.)

It is pretty funny though.. not only did they not copy their Silicon Valley neighbors, they have a platform powerful enough to do some damage to their way of business lol

These privacy decisions not only stop some useful data collection, they put a bit target on the industries that utilize data. There are millions of people finding out today that emails contain snippets of HTML that lets companies track that you opened them for instance.. and in general it's a pretty popular topic, not that Apple is entirely responsible for "privacy' being in the news, but they definitely help it stay top of mind for people every time their privacy features are in the media or a user's iPhone is suddenly asking them new questions about what an app can collect.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I wonder if iMessage might eventually go to android and windows since facetime is
Unlikely; although I think there is potential for a browser based UI. However it would likely require you have an iPhone turned on and connected to iMessage servers, much like WhatsApp does w/ their browser interface.

dottme

In their SOTU, they talked a lot how they try to improve gaming on Apple platform. They also added VRR support.

Ok, just watched. Pretty good features being implemented overall but I'm pissed at one thing - WHY THE FUCK is a lower power mode not being implement into the Early 2015 MacBook Pro. It's a fucking low power mode, every shitty phone, every shitty pc has it. What the fuck Apple? The amount of shit that you skipped on the Early 2015 MacBook Pro is unreal, might as well just fucking skip the whole update. Ridiculous.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Ok, just watched. Pretty good features being implemented overall but I'm pissed at one thing - WHY THE FUCK is a lower power mode not being implement into the Early 2015 MacBook Pro. It's a fucking low power mode, every shitty phone, every shitty pc has it. What the fuck Apple? The amount of shit that you skipped on the Early 2015 MacBook Pro is unreal, might as well just fucking skip the whole update. Ridiculous.

my MacBook pro's early 2015 dis some buuuullsh11!!tt !!

Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

dottme

It looks like they are adding the adaptive trigger support for the PS5 controller. I’m wondering if there’s some game which are going to support it.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
To me the craziest shit is Apple officially getting into continuous integration business... Out of left field, out of left field.

Dr Bass

To me the craziest shit is Apple officially getting into continuous integration business... Out of left field, out of left field.
Not really, they bought BuddyBuild years ago. They just recently shut it down permanently, so this Xcode iCloud service is basically a rebranding of that.

the whole dolby atmos spatial audio is rubbish. i guess if a song is mixed/mastered for it in the studio it wouldn't be too bad but a lot of the songs sound worse with it on. i turned it off real fucking fast. also the lossless is gonna be a waste for 99% of Apple's customers who listen with bluetooth headsets. i updated my library with lossless downloads to listen in my car (over USB). i don't know if there is any difference. i reckon most people won't be able to tellt he difference. so all this music stuff is probaly only gonna excite like 0.1-1% of people with an Apple device.

iOS 15 doesn't really seem interesting. i'm just looking forward to improved multitasking on my iPad.

the thing that interested me most was iCloud+ which seems to have a VPN, anonymous emails, and custom email domain support.

Any improvement to Health is good for me. Focus and notification summary are looking fine too.

iOS 15 supports the iPhone 6S? Kinda crazy that a phone as old as that is still getting a major update.
Neat! Must be a lot of users still not willing to forgo the headphone jack. Wonder if they see a lot jumping ship if the 6s doesn't get the latest update

dcll

Banned
I just saw a video of one of the apple suits showing how you can drag the mouse cursor from one screen to the next, that is badass. I don't know if I would actually have a use for that but thought that was very cool, especially for people who work in design or use multiple screens for work.

I am not one who is all one company,/brand/os etc fanboyish, I like and use different stuff. I have been using Android as my phone since it came out and am happy with my Pixel but have considered getting an iphone for the first time. My gf has the 12 Max Pro and I like that, the camera on a phone is the big thing for me. I will say I am very happy with the camera on my 3 XL but I imagine these new iphones have to be even better. The main reason I am considering an iphone is for imessage though, it would be nice to use it between Mac and ipad as well.

Last edited:
The health stuff is what’s most appealing for me. It also makes complete sense why Apple is pushing privacy so hard. There’s going to be a crazy amount of data our doctors will have access to to help preventative medicine.
Gives new meaning to AppleCare

sorry

It looks like they are adding the adaptive trigger support for the PS5 controller. I’m wondering if there’s some game which are going to support it.
I'm hoping to see some Sony/Apple team-ups on Apple Arcade.

It seems like the two companies have a good relationship (just going off the app support for PS on iOS).

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Yeh, I guess they'll have to do a separate event at some point in the next months to unveil the M1X / M2, and new Mac hardware.

Kind of a let-down for me personally, there wasn't much to get excited about here. The only iDevice I own is an older iPad, and the OS updates don't look that great. I'm looking forward to learning yet another confusing multitasking setup. The 3D Maps in iOS look cool, though, with the road elevation etc. That's straight up outta the future.

2sSnmTz.jpg
jesus does Maps actually look like that? gotta say thats pretty impressive and i assume this is only for a few major US cities i take it

Top Bottom