• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple XDR monitor is not a rip off, even with Stand

daveonezero

Banned
You are exactly the type of customer Apple is hoping to exploit. No stand is worth $1000.
Not really. I don't have that kind of cash to buy a monitor. Your delusional thinking it is for consumers.

I also know my limitations and admit I don't do video production. I have 0 skill to use this monitor to edit and view raw 4k video content for color calibration.

If money was no object yeah of course I would 3 of them along with all sorts of other ridiculous items.

Look at the ridiculousness of the proprietary accessories. A Handle is $500 dollars.

Forget the stand.

For $6k no one seems to be able to produce a monitor that can replicate what this monitor can do.

If you can please post it. Even then you will still probably want a very nice stand for this monitor.

Last edited:

nbcjr

Not really. I don't have that kind of cash to buy a monitor. Your delusional thinking it is for consumers.

I also know my limitations and admit I don't do video production. I have 0 skill to use this monitor to edit and view raw 4k video content for color calibration.

If money was no object yeah of course I would 3 of them along with all sorts of other ridiculous items.

Look at the ridiculousness of the proprietary accessories. A Handle is $500 dollars.

Forget the stand.

For $6k no one seems to be able to produce a monitor that can replicate what this monitor can do.

If you can please post it. Even then you will still probably want a very nice stand for this monitor.
Actually we should not forget the stand.
Apple fan boys are defending the monitor + the stand. Sane people are saying that the monitor is priced in line, the stand is what is standing out negatively.

daveonezero

Banned
Actually we should not forget the stand.
Apple fan boys are defending the monitor + the stand. Sane people are saying that the monitor is priced in line, the stand is what is standing out negatively.
which is a non issue when you can get it without the stand.....

people complaining or defending on both ends aren't the ones who are getting this monitor.

In the market for a 6k cinema calibration monitor? Look not further. Its a good deal with the stand. Its an even better deal without. The stand alone is a rip off.

Last edited:

nkarafo

I will PayPal someone $999 if they can convince me that that stand is worth the money.
No fucking way.
Exclusivity.

You pay the price, not because the product itself justifies the price tag, but because you know very few will get it and you will be the only one among your peers and friends "worthy" of having it. That's what you pay for.

Basically, the same reason rich people buy overpriced garbage. Because plebs like me and you can't get it.

PM how to send me the money.

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned
I'd probably put it on the stand that it came with because I'm not stupid enough to buy a monitor at that price that doesn't include a stand lol
That’s the thing that monitor doesn’t exist. It’s theoretical. This is a real product if you have the money you can buy it now. No one else is making a monitor like this.

When a new product is released with technology no one has at the price point you can charge whatever you want

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Ah, the mouth breathers and Apple shills.

A *skilled* artist can work with essentially *any* pretty decent kit. The *poser* wasters will always be found with the most expensive brands for no other reason than the waster cares only about the posing value of the brand.

Go to HiFi forums and you'll see the same moronic nonsense in play. The stats of the *fake* hifi garbage that certain companies make exclsuively for peeps spending daddy's money quoted as the essential reason for buying said garbage.

Apple sells the equivalent of those one thousand dollar HDMI cables to exactly the same type of customer.
Thisi mightbe the first Somerset post that isn't crazy

Top Bottom