• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April 2012 NPD Sales Results [Up3: Best selling game sold less than 236K, Kid Icarus]

impact

Banned
>no Xenoblade
>Star Wars Kinect #2

http://i.imgur.com/XqMsO.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Kinect owners starved for games? Not really sure how such a low quality title puts up those numbers, then again RE:ORC last month....

Gamers have bad taste I guess.

God, Not a single game on that list that I would even play if it were given to me as a gift. My tastes seem to be drifting more and more away from the center I guess.

Alebrije

No Xenoblade ??

Extange list anyway...

http://thewiredfish.wordpress.com/2...enoblade-outsell-japans-total-lifetime-sales/

"Well it’s already been a month since Xenoblade went on sale in the U.S. So far I’ve been thoroughly impressed with this game with each gaming session unintentionally becoming a marathon session. But how has Xenoblade done in terms of sales? According to ********* the game has sold a total of 220,503 copies in the U.S. Compare that to Japan’s totals sales of 159,000 copies sold, and Europe’s 176,000 copies sold, and you’ll see that the U.S. was the biggest contributor to the total sales of the game."

C4Lukins

I am a little surprised the Kinect Star Wars bundle did not sell more 360's. I was frothing at the mouth when it was first announced, but by the time it came around I just could not justify it.

Shitty hardware sales all around it looks like. I doubt the software sales are all that pretty either.

iavi

Xbox is dominating the US market.

I wonder if the 99 dollar sku will make a difference.

Not with it only really being trialed at Microsoft stores. Once the other retailers get their hands on it, maybe; and from me that's a fat-ass maybe, as I think it's just too late in the gen for that model to have any effect.

Anyway, TW2 charted -as little as that may mean this month. I'm content, still.

Tookay

Kinect star wars at number 2, that's surprising to me.

Despite the internet's (and Lucasart's) attempts to obliterate the goodwill of Star Wars into nothingness, the brand is still pretty powerful.

It also helps that the kids and parents this is marketed to haven't seen a message board or Youtube video to save their lives.

Ridley327

I am a little surprised the Kinect Star Wars bundle did not sell more 360's. I was frothing at the mouth when it was first announced, but by the time it came around I just could not justify it.

Shitty hardware sales all around it looks like. I doubt the software sales are all that pretty either.

The Kinect Star Wars bundle offered no real savings; the $450 price point was such a dumb move for them to make.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Surprise, surprise no Xenoblade.

lol at that analyst.

lelC2.jpg

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Wow the US market is getting as bad as the UK with its bad taste. Star Wars Kinect and Prototype. I can't wait until next gen, we needs some new IPs and new ideas.

The NPD and UK charts are really hard to look at. I'm starting to think that Nintendo could really benefit from this current gen fatigue with being first to the new round.

Cheech

With Diablo 3 next week and Minecraft XBLA blowing the doors off this month, no need for the doom and gloom.

Those hardware numbers are not gonna look good this month. I'm not surprised by Xenoblade's absence. It'd be kinda crazy to see it up there.

No ORC or SFxT does surprise me though.

Kazerei

Banned
· During the month of April, “Kinect Star Wars” held the number one game title in the U.S. Xbox 360 held seven of the top 10 U.S. console game titles including: “Kinect Star Wars,” “The Witcher Two: Assassin of Kings Enhanced ED,” “Prototype 2,” “Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13,” “Mass Effect 3,” “NBA 2K12” and “Major League Baseball 2K12.” (Source: NPD Group, April 2012)

That leaves three other spots on the single SKU chart, right? Mario Party 9 is definitely on there. Prototype 2 (PS3) is likely. Not sure what the last spot would be. I hope it's Xenoblade. Edit: nevermind, it should be Kid Icarus.

UberTag

Prototype 1 launch numbers = 599,100
Prototype 2 launch numbers apparently > 236K (yet still #1 for the month)

Well, yikes... clearly the only game to make money in April was Trials Evolution.

Top Bottom