• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April 2012 NPD Sales Results [Up3: Best selling game sold less than 236K, Kid Icarus]

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
That leaves three other spots on the single SKU chart, right? Mario Party 9 is definitely on there. Prototype 2 (PS3) is likely. Not sure what the last spot would be. I hope it's Xenoblade.

Kid Icarus Uprising.

Ridley327

With Diablo 3 next week and Minecraft XBLA blowing the doors off this month, no need for the doom and gloom.

Since you'd be a fool to bet against the Rockstar hype machine, Max Payne 3 should do great numbers. Ghost Recon should put up respectable totals, as well.

Prototype 2 and Kinect Star Wars at the top?

idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

The fact that Xenoblade isn't even top ten can't possibly be good.

To what, divide sales even further? Making niche titles multi-plat doesn't make sense.

Who gives a damn if you divide sales? Xenoblade would have had at least one more sale if it were on PS3 or 360. I dumped my Wii long ago, and won't buy another for one game. I'm going out on a limb and saying I'm not alone.

Prototype 1 launch numbers = 599,100
Prototype 2 launch numbers apparently > 236K (yet still #1 for the month)

Well, yikes... clearly the only game to make money in April was Trials Evolution.
What
Wow the US market is getting as bad as the UK with its bad taste. Star Wars Kinect and Prototype. I can't wait until next gen, we needs some new IPs and new ideas.
We need more polygons STAT. That'll solve everything.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
No Xenoblade ??

Extange list anyway...

http://thewiredfish.wordpress.com/2...enoblade-outsell-japans-total-lifetime-sales/

"Well it’s already been a month since Xenoblade went on sale in the U.S. So far I’ve been thoroughly impressed with this game with each gaming session unintentionally becoming a marathon session. But how has Xenoblade done in terms of sales? According to ********* the game has sold a total of 220,503 copies in the U.S. Compare that to Japan’s totals sales of 159,000 copies sold, and Europe’s 176,000 copies sold, and you’ll see that the U.S. was the biggest contributor to the total sales of the game."

*******= VG everyone VG

BurntPork

Banned
That leaves three other spots on the single SKU chart, right? Mario Party 9 is definitely on there. Prototype 2 (PS3) is likely. Not sure what the last spot would be. I hope it's Xenoblade.

It's Kid Icarus.

Wait. This means that SM3DL and MK7 aren't selling anymore. Wow. 3DS sub-100k?

ZoddGutts

Hopefully Nintendo would stop wasting their time on dead IP's like Icarus. Time to make another Star Fox game. Now that will sell millions!

antonz

I'm glad MLB 12 has help up for two months too, Sony really deserves it. Best sports game franchise on the market.

Yeha. I mean I figure Icarus will limp to million sold world wide. Not Take your breath away amazing but considering its last entry was as long ago as it is and the basic newness of the franchise million is a decent redebut

Who gives a damn if you divide sales? Xenoblade would have had at least one more sale if it were on PS3 or 360. I dumped my Wii long ago, and won't buy another for one game. I'm going out on a limb and saying I'm not alone.

You say that as if they just hit a key on keyboard and a 360/ps3 version appears on screen. Going multi-platform adds a great deal of expense, especially if you are a smaller studio.

UberTag

more likely MLB the show ps3
This is much more likely. Microsoft does not acknowledge portable titles when it makes comments like "they had 7 out of the 10 selling console releases" for the month. Kid Icarus: Uprising is not considered a console title in their PRs.

Holy shit :lol
If you weren't convinced of what a crock of shit Chartzzzzz was before, you will be now.
They clearly didn't adjust their internal formula to extrapolate for retail exclusivity.
You can't get GameStop numbers leaked to you and then apply the same % rule for sales in the rest of the retail sector when the game isn't sold anywhere else.

B.K.

No Xenoblade ??

Extange list anyway...

http://thewiredfish.wordpress.com/2...enoblade-outsell-japans-total-lifetime-sales/

"Well it’s already been a month since Xenoblade went on sale in the U.S. So far I’ve been thoroughly impressed with this game with each gaming session unintentionally becoming a marathon session. But how has Xenoblade done in terms of sales? According to ********* the game has sold a total of 220,503 copies in the U.S. Compare that to Japan’s totals sales of 159,000 copies sold, and Europe’s 176,000 copies sold, and you’ll see that the U.S. was the biggest contributor to the total sales of the game."

There's no way the game sold that much. Their source is ********. They're a banned site for a reason. They make up their numbers. The game probably didn't sell a quarter of that amount.

Xenoblade's a second party title. Nintendo own Monolith Soft.

Wouldn't it be a first party title? Except for the few shares of the company that Takahashi, Hoone, and Sugiura have, Nintendo fully owns Monolithsoft.

wrowa

The publishers? Even a port costs money, if all the port does is dividing the sales between two plattforms the port isn't profitable.

And why do we even talk about this? Xenoblade is a Nintendo published game by a developer that's owned by Nintendo. A port is and was always out of the question.

Yeah, I think it's safe to call Trials 2 the #1 game this month. I look forward to the day that NPD or someone can track digital distribution.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This is much more likely. Microsoft does not acknowledge portable titles when it makes comments like "they had 7 out of the 10 selling console releases" for the month. Kid Icarus: Uprising is not considered a console title in their PRs.

Oh, really. So 3D Land and MK7 can be in individual SKU top 10 without problems.

Kusagari

Going multi platform is kind of hard when you're owned by Nintendo.

Alebrije

There's no way the game sold that much. Their source is ********. They're a banned site for a reason. They make up their numbers. The game probably didn't sell a quarter of that amount.

I wasn´t aware of that....so then maybe Xenoblade sold 50,000-70,000.....

ffdgh

"Uprising for 3DS "ranked among the top 10 SKU's for the month, and would have made the list if we were reporting on SKU rather than total title level."

That's great to hear. hope it keeps selling

Top Bottom