• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April 2013 NPD Sales Results [Up3: Xbox 360 Top Platform, NSMBU LTD, Lego 3DS, Luigi]

No need to buy a new Xbox, May 21st

zyykxmO.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Luigi's Mansion at the 6 spot for the second straight month. I hope this means it was a success for Nintendo, because it's a really amazing game. LEGO Cities for the 3DS charting was a surprise to say the least.

so....

over/under Wii-U 55k >_>

I believe you mean..

over/under Wii U 5,500

Miles X

if the 3DS can continue to chart games as unhyped like Lego City and console sales stay like this for the next 6 months until new hardware comes out, then yeah, it is.

No it isn't. Doesn't matter if it's first or last the actual numbers matter and if it did something like 150k it's doing bad. Also without any SW numbers you can't comment on them either.

Anth0ny

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that is a low 360 number

good to see Injustice at #1. Fighting games haven't over-saturated the market yet!

Satchel

Banned
The 360 and PS3 need a serious price drop. I assume the 360 might get one on the 21st or at E3.

Get some inventory out the door before the new box hits.

Azure J

I think at the very least these shits should have been out all in 2012. I wish the market would have accommodated the longer life span, but it wasn't meant to be :(

I disagree on the longer lifespan desire even if I can see the pluses. I feel like too many things came in and snuck under the radar stealing one too many portions of the the pie in the near 10 years that these systems have been out for. The console holders didn't have enough time to develop the proper flexibility to maneuver in this same market while also being able to distract people from "the new hotness". Prolonging the gen was definitely a move to recoup losses from the beginning, but it's also helped make a scenario where people either got bored of waiting for next-gen or had them double down on alternative gaming/PC gaming.

Kazerei

Banned
I hope the 3DS's good performance outweighs NWU's poor performance enough that Nintendo releases a PR statement :lol

MrDaravon

Maybe I got the bolded right after alll...

Given that the 360 was the #1 home console with 130k...no.

At this point the Wii U guess might be spot on though.

In general this is terrifying. The generation has gone on way too long, especially without having budget consoles; the fact that I can't go get a $99 360 or PS3 is crazy.

Miles X

Sadly, I agree. They'll sell during their launches but I can see sales being low in early 2014 for them. The industry is shifting.

It is? This is BS. WiiU, Vita and 3DS just arnt what the public want (as the past few years of sales have proven) and PS360 are long overdue price cuts.

Top Bottom