• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Fools 2014 Fake Stuff Thread

Fireblend

Banned
Smash Bros. Newcomer: Mallow, from Super Mario RPG!
BkHg7q_CAAA1iv4.png:large

Made by yours truly. :)

This is mean :(

Mechwarrior Online announces the UrbanMech.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2014/04/815-urbanmech-arrives-on-battlefield

We're excited to announce the UrbanMech UM-R60! This little guy packs quite the little punch with 1 AC/10 and 1 Small Laser for popping off those Mechs you know are hiding in an urban area. With a top speed of 32.4 kph, you won't be expected to chase down those pesky Jenners. Finally!

The UrbanMech UM-R60 will be available from April 1st with a Premium Skin. This unique Mech is available to only the most loyal MechWarriors, including 2 variants and the additional Hero variant.

A new Hero Mech arrives on the battlefield! The UM-CUB "Urbie Curby" comes hot from the manufacturer with two rear mounted AC/20s for pummeling at close range. Grab a partner pilot to join the glory, this Mech has no need for an engine! Ask a lancemate to tow you around (Attach hitch with "E") or stay put at your base like a defensive turret.

BibiMaghoo

Heisters,

It seems that the police together with Gensec have gone all out in their efforts to stop us from heisting. Below we share the little information we've gathered from these new enemies.

Introducing the Mirror Shield
Using the latest Gensec developed L.I.N.K. technology, the new Mirror Shields will be able to reflect any projectiles that are shot at them. Also, trying to melee the shield will make you melee yourself.

MirrorShield.png

Introducing the Cloaker Cloaker
The Cloaker Cloaker has taken stealth to a completely new level. Instead of running, the CC's use a special device to teleport themselves to any destination of their choosing. The sound effect they transmit has also been increased to be louder.

CloakerCloaker.png

Introducing the Titandozer
The Titandozer will be your biggest challenge yet, literally. Standing taller than most buildings in Washington D.C., the Titandozer is armed with a titan armor and heavy machinery.

Titandozer.png

The release of these three new law enforcers is to be announced, although it will most likely be overpriced DLC.

Almir
OVERKILL - a Starbreeze Studio.

:D

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't know why I never noticed the "translate" option on Twitter, but translating everything to German is by far the best thing that ever happened to me. Thanks Bing Translator

xBladeM6x

There has been some awesome shit I've almost fallen for today, and this is basically just me right now, because it's all a fucking lie. Lol

tumblr_mulzh6zJy71rqdlf6o2_250.gif

Woorloog

Banned
Mechwarrior Online announces the UrbanMech.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2014/04/815-urbanmech-arrives-on-battlefield

We're excited to announce the UrbanMech UM-R60! This little guy packs quite the little punch with 1 AC/10 and 1 Small Laser for popping off those Mechs you know are hiding in an urban area. With a top speed of 32.4 kph, you won't be expected to chase down those pesky Jenners. Finally!

The UrbanMech UM-R60 will be available from April 1st with a Premium Skin. This unique Mech is available to only the most loyal MechWarriors, including 2 variants and the additional Hero variant.

A new Hero Mech arrives on the battlefield! The UM-CUB "Urbie Curby" comes hot from the manufacturer with two rear mounted AC/20s for pummeling at close range. Grab a partner pilot to join the glory, this Mech has no need for an engine! Ask a lancemate to tow you around (Attach hitch with "E") or stay put at your base like a defensive turret.

They can fuck off, Urbie is no joking matter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Lab Zero Games announces a new character for Skullgirls. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXN5yr4dGIc
"Come back when you can learn to manipulate sand or something"

Hahaha holy crap at that Jojo's Bizarre Adventure reference.

Oh snap, this character has actually been patched into the Steam version.
Damn, seriously?! Wonder if it'll hit consoles as well. Really need to play Encore & finally try Squigly out.

EDIT: What the heck, made a thread for it. Too cool not to.

Capcom reveals new Mega Man X

...model kit.

Urf6Tk8.jpg

InLxIC9.jpg

Rockman Corner Article
Original Announcement

I need this. I need this so badly.

Path of Exile: "Even when we're pay to win we're still fairer than 99% of the other games out there."

Also that Nickle and Dime joke was great.

I'm unfamiliar with Reddit, do they have a problem with GAF in particular?

The XBone subreddit does, not 100% sure why though. It may have to do with them seeing it as being related to /r/pcmasterrace.

I actually hope this is true. I liked Fez and while Phil Fish acted like an asshole he didn't deserve the overwhelming mountain of hate he got. Plus, he wasn't 100% wrong either. Maybe completely lacking it tact, but also not 100% wrong.

I have to give it to Blizzard and Google, they were quite funny. The idea of a controller with a credit card function is pretty funny. Too bad the Google Maps doesn't work for Android tablets.

Edit: OMG, go to Steam today. Holy crap!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Wow...this is fucked up.

http://kotaku.com/frostbites-april-...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

@FrostbiteEngine
Frostbite now runs on the #WiiU since it is the most powerful Gen4 platform, our renderer is now optimized for Mario and Zelda.
1:48 AM - 1 Apr 2014

@FrostbiteEngine
Follow
Good news, we have finally fixed and optimized our 'netcode'. Uses quantum entanglement for Zero Latency connections. Exclusively on #WiiU.

@FrostbiteEngine
Follow
Frostbite will power #HalfLife3, coming out summer 2014! #WiiU exclusive.

Tensketch

Wow...this is fucked up.

http://kotaku.com/frostbites-april-...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

@FrostbiteEngine
Frostbite now runs on the #WiiU since it is the most powerful Gen4 platform, our renderer is now optimized for Mario and Zelda.

@FrostbiteEngine
Follow
Good news, we have finally fixed and optimized our 'netcode'. Uses quantum entanglement for Zero Latency connections. Exclusively on #WiiU.

@FrostbiteEngine
Follow

The other two are funny in a mean way, but the netcode one was way too far. Having an april fools for their own fuck up? wow.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Wow...this is fucked up.

@FrostbiteEngine

@FrostbiteEngine
Follow

@FrostbiteEngine
Follow

Maybe they should also tweet that Battlefield 4 now works, since they seem fond of unfunny jokes.

Exotoro

The ultimate april fool's joke would to be subvert the expectation that this was a joke and actually do it. That way, he'd be able to develop the game without the internet up his ass the entire time... THINK ABOUT IT!

oh my GOD

Top Bottom