• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Fool's Compilation Thread Of Soon To Be Awesome (Put those websites here!)

zigg

caliblue15 said:
LMFAO, I used to live in Topeka, KS... Maybe they will actually win that new Fiber experiment, as that was the whole reason behind the name change, it definitely caught Google's eyes to be played as an April Fool's Joke.

This is a great joke, but I don't think Google will end up using publicity stunts as a selection criterion. I'd like to think they're too smart for that.

Owensboro

Pipomantis said:
I'm using it under Chrome and as each tab is a new "task", I get the intro every CtrlT.

This is hilarious for now but I think I'll want to kill myself in a few minutes :lol

Hahahaha, spectacular. Thank god there is an easy disable button. Does it actually play the music, or is it just the graphics? I can't wait to load this on my roommate's computer when I get home.

Chairhome

You guys see the choose your own adventure on woot.com ? Pretty slick. I think the best item you can get is the USB Woot-off lights with a $10 shirt.woot coupon for $10 shipped.

Meier

DrForester said:
Get to dust off this old gem I made last year.

AprilFools.gif
This is absolutely amazing.

methane47

Pipomantis said:
I'm using it under Chrome and as each tab is a new "task", I get the intro every CtrlT.

This is hilarious for now but I think I'll want to kill myself in a few minutes :lol

EDIT : Oh and by the way Blizzard, FUCK YOU HARD FOR GAMES THAT I WANT SO BAD AND THAT WILL NEVER EXIST

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/mobile/

:'(

WOW i really wish they didn't do April Fools with games i ACTAULLY WANT :(

SonOfABeep said:
The CAG one really got me. I typed up a message to cheapy and everything.

I blame being sick and on cold medicine.

The CAG one got me as well. I woke up this morning around 5 and checked CAG for a new CAGcast for the ride to work, and I nearly had a heart attack. My fiancé had her identity stolen for the 2nd time last week, so I immediately panicked. It wasn't until about 10 minutes later that I glanced at the calendar and settled down. Needless to say, I didn't need any coffee this morning.

RedNumberFive said:
The CAG one got me as well. I woke up this morning around 5 and checked CAG for a new CAGcast for the ride to work, and I nearly had a heart attack. My fiancé had her identity stolen for the 2nd time last week, so I immediately panicked. It wasn't until about 10 minutes later that I glanced at the calendar and settled down. Needless to say, I didn't need any coffee this morning.
:lol Wow that sounds like a pretty horrible prank, I wonder how many people tried to e-mail staff or something. Got a screen shot? I'm not a member but I really want to know what it looks like.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
actually want Queen's Quest, 16-bit colours and all. :(

Fuck April Fool Jokes that look good enough to be real products.

Mechanical Snowman said:
:lol Wow that sounds like a pretty horrible prank, I wonder how many people tried to e-mail staff or something. Got a screen shot? I'm not a member but I really want to know what it looks like.

Yeah, but hat's off to them. That was a really good prank, and gave me a good laugh as soon as my temper settled down. Unfortunately, I'm stuck at work, so maybe someone else can provide a screen cap.

Rickard

Thinks geeks Dharma Initiative alarm clock is one of those april fools jokes that I wish was real.

An alarm clock that slowly begins to sound more and more annoying until I type in the numbers. Awesome.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
A revolutionary Digital Rights Management (DRM) scheme in 5 easy steps:
Open the Spin-A-Spacer DRM application on any smart phone*
Line up the spacer faces to reveal the page/word matrix value
Consult your player guide / lore manual, and turn to the appropriate page
Use the special 3d lenticular glasses to decode the margin text and find the keyword passphrase
Enter the special passphrase into the on-screen prompt
Speak “OK” clearly and audibly into the device’s audio input
ENJOY! (Occassionally, you may be asked to call a toll-free 800 number to verify your identity)
*note: iPhone users will need to open the application on a secondary handset
:lol

Raide

ScrabbleDude said:
The Deckard Cain X-Treme Gamer Blanket is awesome. http://eu.blizzard.com/diablo3/community/merchandise/gamerblanket/index.xml

Love that she is holding the book upside down. :lol
:lol :lol

Just seen this at the bottom.

One Diablo III body pillow per order of two Diablo III Deckard Cain X-Treme Gamer Blankets. Choice of pillow is made at time of ordering. Pillows may be cursed. Do not transmute with Wirt's Leg and Tome of Town Portal. Blizzard Entertainment shall not be held responsible for possession or loss of soul as a result of contact with any known or unknown demonic caste.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Acidote said:
Have you seen (and listened) Diablo II new merchandise? :lol

http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/community/merchandise/gamerblanket/index.xml

They've even bothered to translate the jokes to spanish even when our fools day is the day after halloween.
Wrong, that's the All Saint's day.

The equivalent of April fools day is the Holy Innocent's day that is celebrated on December 28 (can be on 27 or 29 depending on your religion).

I wonder if it is banable to publish jokes those days on GAF...

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Mechanical Snowman said:

I felt it was important to alert the community that CAG (USERNAME) is currently under investigation for selling stolen goods on our trading forum. All current transactions that involve (USERNAME) should be terminated immediately.

I know its very shocking to hear these allegations as (USERNAME)has previously been an upstanding member of our community, however certain evidence has come to light which cannot be ignored.

For more details, or if you have been a victim of (USERNAME), please contact us at tradescam@cheapassgamer.com.

vermadas

Mechanical Snowman said:

Text already quoted above, but here's a pic:

snzzn8.png

My favorite is the #vermadasisadouchebag tag. Also, if you try to click on the Comments the page tells you you don't have access even if you are logged in.

Top Bottom