• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Fool's Compilation Thread Of Soon To Be Awesome (Put those websites here!)

$30 Limited Edition Deadly Premonition coming
GOTY_LTD_BUNDLE2-noscale.jpg

reetva

Banned
Imagine if the Halo movie had all sorts of "epic" marketing, no hints at anything but straight up Master Chief shootin' dudes. Now, imagine if it ended up as a Bollywood movie. That would be the greatest thing ever. :lol

Requeim

Another one on Destructoid

http://www.destructoid.com/civilization-v-getting-extreme-diplomacy-mode-169621.phtml

Civilization V Getting Extreme Diplomacy Mode

169621-extreme.jpg

Firaxis Games is tweaking the classic Civilization formula with an all-new way to become the world's mightiest nation: Extreme Diplomacy mode. When standard military conflict and diplomacy aren't effective in Civilization V, players can enter a deathmatch with another world leader.

Whoever comes out victorious automatically gains control of their opponent's entire empire. As such, the threat of being challenged to fight one-on-one is a constant factor to consider while upgrading your cities and expanding your fine country.

Each leader will have a special attack and finishing move, including: George Washington's Wooden Tooth Chomp Attack, Otto von Bismarck's Hurricane Helmet Spike Attack, Cleopatra's Phalanx of the Leopard Army, Genghis Khan's Arrow Shower from the Mongol Bow, and Julius Caesar's Reverse Assassination.

Lastly, Firaxis confirmed the existence of a deluxe edition with a special eight-button joystick intended for the Extreme Diplomacy mode. No price was given at the time of writing, unfortunately.

Is anyone else being accused of being a fraud who trades stolen merchandise on cheapassgamer.com?

Edit: Guess it's a joke. I hate today :/

TheOddOne

Phantom Dust 2 To Be Revealed At E3!
Our inside sources today told us that the sequel to a forgotten franchise Phantom Dust is in development. The project is being outsource to Artoon and From Software with Yukio Futatsugi as the lead director.

Yukio Futatsugi was unable to comment but he noted on his blog that he was recently hired to develop a "mysterious" game.

Our sources said it is 99% likely to be Phantom Dust 2 or Panzer Dragoon. It will most likely be revealed at E3 or Tokyo Game Show this year.
:lol

Yeah, weak one.

I know this isn't totally related but Conker's Bad Fur Day not being the April Fools Joke in that one EGM was the best April Fools Day not joke of all time.

comedy bomb said:
Is anyone else being accused of being a fraud who trades stolen merchandise on cheapassgamer.com?

Edit: Guess it's a joke. I hate today :/

:lol :lol :lol

Dont worry I think that is everyones reaction at first

Fantastical

Death Prophet
reetva said:
I love the comments. "Pshaw! The Revolution? No way, man. It'll never catch on." :lol
I love looking at predictions from three or four years ago. :lol Just like that DS reveal thread here on GAF.

The Hermit

nosf1234 said:

:lol :lol , that Halo trailer is the best thing from IGN since... well, since a lot of fucking time.

Antagon said:
I just ran into a 2006 april fool's article on Gamespot which gave a prediction about the console market in 2010. It's actually more accurate then any prediction done by 'real' analysts. :lol

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6146958.html?page=4

And this is just plain ridiculous!! :lol :lol

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hoooooooly shit at the halo trailer. I thought it was straight faced, until I actually watched it!

Also, literally loled at the very very end of the Engineer trailer
I solve practical problems!

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
The_Technomancer said:
Hoooooooly shit at the halo trailer. I thought it was straight faced, until I actually watched it!

Also, literally loled at the very very end of the Engineer trailer
I solve practical problems!

What engineer trailer?

Heh, google even registered www.topeka.com. So going there takes you to google.

mclem

Teknoman said:
lol wikipedia:

Did you know...

# ... that Martin Van Buren was over twenty feet wide?
# ... that residents of Castleford, England, were incensed when their council tried to eliminate Tickle Cock?
# ... that the citizens of Picoazá, Ecuador, elected foot powder as their mayor?

Wikipedia's approach to April Fool's Day is to post things that are true... but misleading. Or just so bizarre that they're hard to believe they're true; last year's Featured Article was on a notable woman named Ima Hogg, for instance.

Teknoman

mclem said:
Wikipedia's approach to April Fool's Day is to post things that are true... but misleading. Or just so bizarre that they're hard to believe they're true; last year's Featured Article was on a notable woman named Ima Hogg, for instance.

Wait...so those are actually true?

Curufinwe

The Cheap Ass Gamer prank totally got me for a full 5 seconds. I was just about go from scared to angry when I remembered today was April 1st.

WillyFive

mclem said:

Neat, my featured article is about an impostor who pretended to be Anastasia!

Lyphen said:
Guild Wars Skill Updates.

Highlights:

Vengeful Was Khanhei: changed functionality to: "While you hold Khanhei's ashes, skills used on you are interrupted, but are allowed to finish when you drop his ashes. This skill is the best item spell of all time. OF ALL TIME."

Durability
Weapons and armor now have durability. Durability decreases whenever you take damage or use a skill. When the durability for an item reaches 0, that item is destroyed. Repair Kits (100 uses) are available from the Guild Wars In-Game Store.

Hard Mode Adjustments
Now called Hard-Core Mode.
All player deaths in Hard-Core Mode are permanent.
Permanently dead characters can still log in, but they may only visit the Underworld map and cannot trade, access account storage, or interact with merchants.

Heh... but wait...

NOOOOO

# All vampiric skills, when equipped, now cause your character to sparkle in sunlight.

I like my necromancer... :(

Really though, good "update" there. It's pretty funny, for sure.

JKTrix

Fun thing about the 'PlayStation Scent' joke is that LittleBigPlanet's April Fools costumes turn your sackboy/girl into bottles of perfume.

upandaway

Was the Blaster Master: Destination Fred thing posted yet?

It's pretty damn obvious that thing is a joke, what with the other Blaster Master being revealed days before release with this one being revealed a month prior.
They even went ahead and put the game on eBay RIGHT after the announcement, too, to make sure we're not actually hoping for it.

Top Bottom