• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[April Fools] Google Maps 8-bit for NES

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Too bad there's not enough granularity for most streets to be displayed as roads. A map data export option would've been neat :p

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Looks more like 16-bit, but YAY!

Awesome! I can see my car in 8 bit graphics with street view!!

Too bad it doesn't have any music... maybe they didn't want elderly ladies to call in complaining...

Brashnir

There is a monster in woolwich, NJ

one in La Plata, MD, too.

Looks more like 16-bit, but YAY!

It looks exactly like Dragon Quest on NES.

5W3EF.gif

iceatcs

That explain everything. I'm always wondering why PC gaming never bit hit in Japan. They still stuck on 8bit computing.

duckroll

Retarded Lie Day is off to a good start. Japan generally provides the best laughs at midnight, and then as the day actually starts tomorrow and it rolls through the rest of the world it gets worse and worse. This is probably the best joke I am going to see, and when I wake up, I will regret going online. :p

strafer

Retarded Lie Day is off to a good start. Japan generally provides the best laughs at midnight, and then as the day actually starts tomorrow and it rolls through the rest of the world it gets worse and worse. This is probably the best joke I am going to see, and when I wake up, I will regret going online. :p

So I guess gaf is against posting jokes they see?

Barrett2

It renders the WTC construction pits as lakes. I wonder if that's intentional since the eventual monument will be two waterfall wells. Pretty cool.

Top Bottom