• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[April Fools'] Microsoft overclocks Series X GPU to 2.08 Ghz; now 13.85 Teraflops

The real question is why do you guys want your clocks so high all of a sudden, why do you want almost 14TF? I thought 12.1TF was enough and was going to decimate the competition? Doubts????? That the 12.1TF is really not enough vs highly customized, low bottleneck hardware?

a8d.jpg

So you guys need some more of Dat Bruteforce huh!!

v7r7mW2.png
Sigh, here we go again....

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
The real question is why do you guys want your clocks so high all of a sudden, why do you want almost 14TF? I thought 12.1TF was enough and was going to decimate the competition? Doubts????? That the 12.1TF is really not enough vs highly customized, low bottleneck hardware?

a8d.jpg

v7r7mW2.png
That's fair, but SSD's as fast as they are are not faster than VRAM and at these much higher resolutions we still need a fair amount to avoid stuttering and other bottlenecks...…..I don't think SSD's are the entire answer here, it has to go hand in hand with some insanely fast RAM and more of it tbf.....

At ultra RTX? well it's not the only thing, but textures are usually tied to Vram capacity, so there's that connect that affects it directly...
I wonder, why this post didn't get more traction......A 15TF PS5 would be great and my money was always on 32GB Vram…...

Funny enough, the rumor also says, the 15TF is not even the PRO version of PS5, it's the vanilla version....

• Zen 2 semi-custom 7nm CPU with 8 cores/16 threads @3.86GHz.
  • RDNA 2 semi-custom 7nm GPU with 56 CUs @2.1GHz (up to 15.05 TFLOPS peak).
  • Double rate fp16, variable rate shading, integrated geometry culling via GPU.
  • Hardware-based ray-tracing processor (contained within APU die) for shadows, reflections, global illumination and particles.
  • 32 GB GDDR6 RAM: Around 1,024 GB/s bandwidth via 512-bit memory interface (GDDR6 video memory modules).
  • 1.5 TB semi-custom NVMe SSD. Expandable/upgradable via modules.

An Activision Dev did say there was a 14TF Devkit around and he also spoke about the haptic controller and had info on the overhaul with the Playstation Network......Whatever it is, I think when Sony reveals, there will be lots of exciting info unveiled...

I swear its pure gold how easily you can pull up recent posts by these guys lol. "15tf ,14tf, ssd needs insanely fast ram and more to go with it".

But you got 9.2 and ssd is now the secret sauce. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

a8d.jpg

v7r7mW2.png

LOL. Uh, no. Everybody knows XSX is the more powerful console. This really is 2013 in reverse. You sound just like misterxmedia and those other crazies on the other side with all the data move engines, hidden secret sauce,esram etc...buuuuut it's super efficient..,dat SSD will even the score guys,just you wait!!

New flash, XSX is a very efficient, customized console as well,if not more so where it counts most. If you're seriously trying to imply that PS5 is more powerful than XSX, then you're going to have a very rough next gen.

I can see it now, every the XSX win in DF head to head analysis, you genius's are going to say "lazy devs didn't put in the work on the SUPER DUPER SSD".

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
I swear its pure gold how easily you can pull up recent posts by these guys lol. "15tf ,14tf, ssd needs insanely fast ram and more to go with it".

Last line in your third quote.....

Whatever it is, I think when Sony reveals, there will be lots of exciting info unveiled...

And it was really exciting info when we broke it down....I'm satisfied with 10.3TF with heavy customization after the reveal.....Question is are you satisfied with 12.1TF Bruteforce?

Not in equal measure, they don't. For many, Xbox being more powerful doesn't make up for not having access to the Sony first-party games AND all the Japanese games that don't get ported to Xbox.

Sometimes you have to choose between two good things. Do you want to play the biggest AAA games at 10 TF or is having 12 TF more important?

Some people will only play on PC because it's the most powerful, and will just not play any console exclusives. Some people only play Nintendo games and make do with however much power that console has.

Most of the biggest AAA games aren't Sony exclusives. They are third party multi-plats. So the lions share of the best games available anywhere are available to all Xbox gamers, and will continue to be. The new Doom is an excellent example of that right now. The way people talk sometimes you would think that Xbox has nothing to play. It has just about everything minus Sony and Nintendo's games. And some japanese titles that usually skip xbox early usually end up coming around anyway, just like the Yakuza games did. Xbox originally started out not getting the cyberconnect naruto titles until it started getting them all.

The Xbox One is the only generation so far where, to me, they ever dropped the ball with exclusives, and they started out pretty damn solid, much better than the PS4 did actually. I see Xbox doing a far better job this time around. We are looking at a situation where Xbox gamers, assuming no delays, will be playing not only Cyberpunk 2077, but Halo Infinite, a new Forza and possibly a new Assassin's Creed at launch. Xbox will never be lacking plenty of big games to play. Microsoft as the platform owner just needs to step their game up, and looks like they are doing just that.

No bro, the PS5 10.2tf sustained. Cerny said he "thinks" the clocks will never drop period, even though the CPU is running at skyrocketed high clocks,they went with variable clocks. Cerny just thinks variable sounds better and went with that. Sustained is so yesterday.

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned

And it was really exciting info when we broke it down....I'm satisfied with 10.3TF with heavy customization after the reveal.....Question is are you satisfied with 12.1TF Bruteforce?

This whole demeaning "xbox series x is shitty bruteforce" rhetoric is so transparent in its unrefined console warrior intent it's almost sad.

Who says PS5 is a better made console? Because it's clocked higher in order to grab back some power? I don't think so. The specs for the Series X look very good & very normal for a next gen system. The PS5 clocks meanwhile do raise eyebrows. Back in the real world Sony need to really hope they're releasing a cheaper console at launch, because if not, they'll have trouble remaining dominant in the USA.

SleepDoctor

Banned

Im perfectly fine. But from those quotes its pretty safe to say you're disappointed with 9.2 tf lol. 15 tf 32gb is what your money was on right 🤣. Your spins are hilarious especially when your posts before Cerny show otherwise.

Im sure if it was 15 tf we wouldn't hear its "15 tf of bruteforce" lol. Congratulations you just played yourself.... again

Last edited:

a8d.jpg

v7r7mW2.png

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: I literally called that he would say something like this.

They'd probably say 2.23GHz is still more than 2.08.. and Microsoft pushed the clocks because they realized how much trouble they were in. Or... they would've said, "Okay, now overclock the SSD.. oh wait!"

How low is your IQ? I think you have it twisted. Going with less CU"s and upclocking to a skyrocketing 2.23GHz is the epitome of "bruteforcing". You're making things up. Go watch the DF article on XSX. The gpu alone is highly customized,very efficient, and full of features.

You need to stay away from these tech threads. Your down right ignorance on the matter makes peoples heads hurt.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm surprised people fell for this.
I Nope it as soon as I saw the thread.
But 63 posts later😉
Good show DC

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
are you still in denial faze ?
How can they be in denial?
The evidence speaks for it's self.
Whats better "and this is a game changer" is that the game is cross-generational
Right back to the 16-bit era

Last edited:
LOL. Well played OP.

I woke up this morning and opened GAF first thing and saw the thread i was like WTF!!!! until i opened the thread and saw the first post.

Question to everyone.

What if MS done this and clocked the machine up to 14TF would this change your mind on gettnig one?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
actually a small upclock might be possible, but i doubt they will do it because they are ahead of PS5

MilkyJoe

a8d.jpg

v7r7mW2.png

Oh you poor lad 😂

Last edited:

Banned
Even with the overclock, it still can't play Crysis in max settings.

nothing can. nothing ever will. locked 60fps Crysis shall remain a myth 🤣🤣

unless they finally port the damn game to a newer version of Cryengine... like... cmon guys!

Top Bottom