• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[April's Fool ?] Blood Dragon 3 : Vietnam War 2

Capture%20d%E2%80%99e%CC%81cran%202014-04-01%20a%CC%80%2021.38.48.png

http://instagram.com/p/mO5pHUJcEu/#

Capture%20d%E2%80%99e%CC%81cran%202014-04-01%20a%CC%80%2021.37.51.png

https://twitter.com/SpleenZilla/status/450879922068664320/photo/1

remember, the original started as an april's fool.

Laser me if old

Salsa

I expected this. They have the coolest date to make announcements and watch people go UH IS IT REAL considering the original

I bet it its reaaaaaaal

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Blood Dragon was surprisingly fun, but I think the concept only has steam for one game.

I think it has more runway if it actually plays more like an 80's action movie than like Far Cry 3.

Now, 80's action movies were actually relatively reserved, but still a bit different than Far Cry 3.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Yes pls, FC3: Blood Dragon was pure 80s bliss, I had a grin on my face the whole way through.

Salsa

also maybe im cray but I expect a full-on retail size game that has nothing to do with Far Cry (maybe engine)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm going with real.

I think it has more runway if it actually plays more like an 80's action movie than like Far Cry 3.

Now, 80's action movies were actually relatively reserved, but still a bit different than Far Cry 3.

Yep, exactly how I feel. Love Blood Dragon stylistically, but Far Cry 3 combat mechanics != 80's movies. Only complaint I had with the game, that the actual play was totally at odds with the style. But I put that down to it being essentially a Far Cry 3 mod/expansion. Shouldn't be too hard to change, and hopefully that's what they're doing.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Fuck you if it is fake. Blood Dragon is one of my favorite 4 hours of absurdity ever and would love a new one with each new FC.

atr0cious

Wasn't the last one an April Fool's joke as well?

A game based on Vietnam movies like Rambo, Platoon, Full Metal Jacket and Apocalypse Now would be glorious. Place it before Blood Dragon and show the hinted relationship literally bloom on the battlefield.

This seems incredible. Also, that numbering is perfect. Hotline Miami 2 should've gone with the purposefully wrong numbering though, imo, but this suits Blood Dragon perfectly. Will buy.

Adahn

This would be epic in every way. I hadn't even thought of a Vietnam angle when considering where BD could go next - got my fingers crossed here

No_Style

I played Blood Dragon (free with my video card) and enjoyed it for what it was. But I had absolutely zero interest in going back to play FarCry 3 after finishing Blood Dragon.

AHA-Lambda

I really hope this is real :D

Oh God yes please. Blood Dragon's idea excites me far more than it's actual gameplay.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
ed209s killing aliens and starship trooper bugs while calling it blood dragon 3: vietnam war 2 holy shit god damn it there is no justice in this universe if this dosnt become a thing fuck you april fools

Blood Dragon 3...not 2...?

Yes, I know I know, so zany, so crazy, probably fake, etc etc..

But... Wh....Why?

its just like those old vhs movies you saw as a kid. Ninja 3: the Revenge. and there might or might have not been parts 1 and 2 in existance.

(first game should have been called Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon 4)

Top Bottom