• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc Raiders Reveal Trailer

Needlecrash

As soon as I saw Nexon as the publisher, I lost interest. It looks really nice, I'll say that.

F2P GAAS looter shooter with multi-player? UGH. I'll pass.

EDMIX

As soon as I saw Nexon as the publisher, I lost interest. It looks really nice, I'll say that.

F2P GAAS looter shooter with multi-player? UGH. I'll pass.

I don't know who they are, are they really that bad?

I thought Enbark was going to self publisher or something, (i assumed that, imagined that and have no business questioning facts lol)

ripeavocado

Banned
They remind me of the tachikomas from Ghost

460.gif

The tech behind it is most next gen.

With it being free to play type thing......its a massive wait and see. We've seen lots of great concepts just get destroyed by that and something looks better then it actually is. Will be waiting this one closely

Same. I need to actually see more and hear more to really be on board. Looking good isn't enough, lots of games look good lol Its that free to play, co-op, mtx type thing that I'm worried about tbh.

I'm 99% sure, to my understanding they have confirmed its free to play

yea so its 100% going to be a free to play type thing, so....GaaS confirmed.

Same. I feel it might end up like Generation Zero all over again lol

Put it this way....I wouldn't say its a 100% pass as even with all that cringe shit and rainbow colors and....pop singing, a great game can be underneath that and even with the whole GaaS and F2P thing, its a wait and see as...well its free, for all we know this becomes a massive hit and they have a winner on their hands and its Lost Planet co-op, but with better support or something. If it REALLY is just another looter shooter type thing, its a easy pass, but hey....its a free one too lol

Anyone worried about that female character, steer clear if you had issues with BFV's um....."tone", this is literally made by the same people that left DICE after that game. As in..THE guy lol

He just going to tell you "DON'T LIKE IT.....DON'T DOWNLOAD THE FREE DOWNLOAD" lol So if you got that vibe like "damn a lot of rainbow colors, lots of women" lolz, let me show you their about page

So...I do think they will have it as a create a player type thing, like 90% sure to sell skins and such, but you'll see that female marketed in a lot of the stuff like as the default or something.

as a grown up adult, I don‘t have that much time to play anymore and many other things that I can do.

if the game doesn’t look great, I a, not playing it, even if it’s free (which really doesn’t matter anymore when you have a decent salary)

EDMIX

as a grown up adult, I don‘t have that much time to play anymore and many other things that I can do.

if the game doesn’t look great, I a, not playing it, even if it’s free (which really doesn’t matter anymore when you have a decent salary)

Same. I got to the point where I had multiple games still wrapped up and just needed to focus on what I could enjoy in short burst lol I love a good MP title, but you need to put in a lot of time to really get it, then if you play with friends you need to arrange time for that to happen etc, its why a few years ago I just stuck to just Battlefield as a MP title and was like fuck it for MP games lol

I have nothing against them, I just prefer single player games where I can just go at my own pace when I have the time. School, work, business etc all make it hard to sink in hours on a MP to see if you like it or not, for many of us that can mean time that could have just went into a single player game.

Barlow

I thought Enbark was going to self publisher or something, (i assumed that, imagined that and have no business questioning facts lol)

Nexxon owns 75% of Embark and will full acquire them in the next years or did it already?

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Looks like a better GENERATION ZERO (also developed by Swedes) with a similar clash of 80's synth pop (I know Robyn is a modern artist) with sci-fi.

. . .I dig it and if the F2P grind is fair I'm all for it.

HTK

Banned
Over the shoulder cam, I'll pass. Why can't anyone do a proper Third Person View, its always this shitty "cinematic" over the shoulder...

I don't know who they are, are they really that bad?

Nexon are the OG's of F2P from Korea (The good ones) their games are all pretty much micro transaction heavy so expect the same with this one. Most if not all their games are Pay2Win as it's the Korean way I guess and their Gambling issues.

EDMIX

Nexxon owns 75% of Embark and will full acquire them in the next years or did it already?

I don't think they own them yet as I don't see anything regarding that, but it looks like its in the cards for the future.
Nexon are the OG's of F2P from Korea (The good ones) their games are all pretty much micro transaction heavy so expect the same with this one. Most if not all their games are Pay2Win as it's the Korean way I guess and their Gambling issues.

Damn wtf lol I didn't know all that.

We was right to approach with caution. I need to hear a whole lot more to be on board then.

Anyone worried about that female character, steer clear if you had issues with BFV's um....."tone", this is literally made by the same people that left DICE after that game. As in..THE guy lol

He just going to tell you "DON'T LIKE IT.....DON'T DOWNLOAD THE FREE DOWNLOAD" lol So if you got that vibe like "damn a lot of rainbow colors, lots of women" lolz, let me show you their about page

So...I do think they will have it as a create a player type thing, like 90% sure to sell skins and such, but you'll see that female marketed in a lot of the stuff like as the default or something.
I hated the BFV reveal because I felt they were going ideology first, trying to shove feminism down our throats. I love this game. It has women in it, so what? Watching the trailer they seem to understand that is gameplay and teamwork what matters, not how empowered the main protagonist feels.

Also, I love the song they chose for the trailer. Listening to it with my headphones gave me goosebumps.

EDMIX

I hated the BFV reveal because I felt they were going ideology first, trying to shove feminism down our throats. I love this game. It has women in it, so what? Watching the trailer they seem to understand that is gameplay and teamwork what matters, not how empowered the main protagonist feels.

Also, I love the song they chose for the trailer. Listening to it with my headphones gave me goosebumps.

yea nothing in BFV's trailer talks about any of that.

LIke.....zero.

This is by the same people who managed that project btw lol

So you don't even fucking know WHAT they'll say about any of this any more then you did regarding BFV's reveal or something. The biggest thing wasn't even the trailer, it was how they responded to it. They didn't just leave it at it was just a reveal trailer and gameplay coming soon, they where talking about that ideology head on while telling consumers "don't like it, don't buy it" and or..."She plays Fortnite, and says, 'I can be a girl in Fortnite. Why are people so upset about this?'

That same person...that is who is running this fucking game. Thus...you can't really REALLY be out here pretending that the trailer alone means this or that, I don't think we can tell either way if nothing else is said, but regardless the ideology you are talking about, that is who is heading this team at Embark sir....

theyre-the-same-picture-the-office.gif

So he cared about that a lot with BFV, but he doesn't feel that way with this game, just for lolz it has women, rainbow colors and pop being sung in the background? hmmmmmmm I don't know about all that. I don't they just stopped thinking that reading their about page and his comments regarding BFV...

Duchess Duchess thats an odd choice for anyone, but for old BFV team, a warzone is basically some runway or catwalk or disco or something lol I wasn't sure if they were going out to fight a battle or go to a club in an attempt to get someone's groove back

Last edited:
yea nothing in BFV's trailer talks about any of that.

LIke.....zero.

This is by the same people who managed that project btw lol

So you don't even fucking know WHAT they'll say about any of this any more then you did regarding BFV's reveal or something. The biggest thing wasn't even the trailer, it was how they responded to it. They didn't just leave it at it was just a reveal trailer and gameplay coming soon, they where talking about that ideology head on while telling consumers "don't like it, don't buy it" and or..."She plays Fortnite, and says, 'I can be a girl in Fortnite. Why are people so upset about this?'

That same person...that is who is running this fucking game. Thus...you can't really REALLY be out here pretending that the trailer alone means this or that, I don't think we can tell either way if nothing else is said, but regardless the ideology you are talking about, that is who is heading this team at Embark sir....

theyre-the-same-picture-the-office.gif

So he cared about that a lot with BFV, but he doesn't feel that way with this game, just for lolz it has women, rainbow colors and pop being sung in the background? hmmmmmmm I don't know about all that. I don't they just stopped thinking that reading their about page and his comments regarding BFV...

Duchess Duchess thats an odd choice for anyone, but for old BFV team, a warzone is basically some runway or catwalk or disco or something lol I wasn't sure if they were going out to fight a battle or go to a club in an attempt to get someone's groove back
I understand there are reasons for concern, but I'm going to give them a chance. If I see the game is too sexist, as in all women are good/smart/brave and all men are evil/dumb/weak, then I just won't play it. But for now, I haven't seen that.

AJUMP23

Gold Member

That is a great track. I like this one of hers too.

EDMIX

I understand there are reasons for concern, but I'm going to give them a chance. If I see the game is too sexist, as in all women are good/smart/brave and all men are evil/dumb/weak, then I just won't play it. But for now, I haven't seen that.

Look at it like this....I never saw any of that shit in BFV... its not like you play the game and if you choose a female character skin you get more health or something lol Yet see how that game was treated.

Again....if this is just based on some ideology thing, its by the same fucking person that made those comments in the first place. It might even answer why its a female shown mainly, some pop music is played, rainbow logo etc. So I think you haven't "seen that" because you need to be lead to it, you need some comment or youtuber saying some wild shit like "EXPOSED AGENDA" to even pick it apart. If people reacted the way they did to that BFV trailer, I don't see any reason to pretend this means something else even with being done by the same person. If that was even JUST a BFV, EA thing, why even have a page about diversity and inclusion? For all you know, those comments, those concepts and that idea is right around the corner and you simply haven't see enough.

Like I said...BFV's trailer wasn't even when a lot of that took off, it was the comments that continued and continued that really fueled a lot of that. Nothing in BFV's trailer other then a female really showed much about that ideology, it was the comments that confirmed, suggested, hinted at, supported this idea etc. Until we see more, I think its hard to pretend this is magically not by the person that made those wild comments. BFV's first trailer wasn't just about a female sitting in a room telling you woke stuff or something lol

DeaDPo0L84

Looked cool, interested to see more.

Glad those who wanted former DICE devs to deliver a true Battlefield game got what they wanted.

kyliethicc

Definitely will play this. Looks fun. Love this game's art direction.

And that trailer song slaps.

Some info from their site.

x1uXM5s.jpg
NCzZS3Q.jpg
44mmvMn.jpg
DqDK04X.jpg
RTHpGYy.jpg

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

I was about to ask what the song in the trailer was.
Strength!

The trailer looks stunning, but I'm getting tired of female protagonists everywhere. Let's hope they add the option to play with a male character instead.
The very trailer you watched had male characters running around?
If you want to play a dude play a dude, if you want to play a girl play a girl....in this very trailer if you want to play a they with a metal undercarriage then go for it.

2s0ozAQ.png

YVsYqYU.png

The only thing I'm not digging is the gameplay.

Hopefully the game is more than shooting giant bullet sponges with others.

It's got to be more than that right?
A shooter has got to be more than shooting?
Think of this as effectively third person destiny with larger player counts and some larger enemies.
If it can work for destiny it can work here.
They just need the community to be behind them, and content we dont want another Anthem situation.
Ohh and for Nexon not to fuck us in the ass.

On Topic

Loving the retro vibes this game is giving off.
Its free so ill be sure to give it a go, see where it lands and whether its worth putting in the time.
It looks stunning, if the gunplay is tight, im in cuz who doesnt love killing giant robots.

PS LTTP but Lost Planet with Giant Robots!

VN1X

Banned
Looks very promising. Really hope that song is also actually part of the game somehow, I liked it!

Also cool to see they're sort of going for that 80's aesthetic (like everything these days) without going overboard and covering everything in neon letters and other such nonsense.

yurinka

The very trailer you watched had male characters running around?
If you want to play a dude play a dude, if you want to play a girl play a girl....in this very trailer if you want to play a they with a metal undercarriage then go for it.

2s0ozAQ.png

YVsYqYU.png
Notice the articulations of the legs: this character is a robot, not a male human. Could be robot minions or something like that. But being F2P, I assume they'll add many customization options, so very likely it will be possible to play with male characters.

Black_Stride

Notice the articulations of the legs: this character is a robot, not a male human. Could be robot minions or something like that. But being F2P, I assume they'll add many customization options, so very likely it will be possible to play with male characters.
You think in a game where you can play multiple characters......they will lock you to playing female characters and robots?
Mate your logic isnt adding up.
Anti-Wokeness is stupider than wokeness at this point.

P.S The biped in orange is the one with "cyborg" legs:
arc-raiders-game-awards.jpg

^Indeed he could be an android, but I highly doubt the dude with a beard is also an android.
Just accept you have a beef with the voiceover and didnt really think before you posted.
Obviously youll be able to play male and female....looking at orange dude maybe even cyborg/android things as well.

P.S My point with showing you orange dude is that if you are really against vaginas you can have cyborg parts and never have to imagine the character you are playing has a dick or a vagina down there.

Edit:
Confirmed he(they) it is a droid.
ARC-Raiders-Lance-droid-screenshot.jpg

Edit2:
If you really need a dick we have atleast this guy confirmed.
ARC-Raiders_2021_12-09-21_009-768x1152.jpg

Last edited:

yurinka

You think in a game where you can play multiple characters......they will lock you to playing female characters and robots?
Mate your logic isnt adding up.
Anti-Wokeness is stupider than wokeness at this point.

P.S The biped in orange is the one with "cyborg" legs:
arc-raiders-game-awards.jpg

^Indeed he could be an android, but I highly doubt the dude with a beard is also an android.
Just accept you have a beef with the voiceover and didnt really think before you posted.
Obviously youll be able to play male and female....looking at orange dude maybe even cyborg/android things as well.

P.S My point with showing you orange dude is that if you are really against vaginas you can have cyborg parts and never have to imagine the character you are playing has a dick or a vagina down there.

Edit:
Confirmed he(they) it is a droid.
ARC-Raiders-Lance-droid-screenshot.jpg
The trailer and website don't mention you can create characters, and the website mentions 2 characters (who knows, they may add more in the future if they are like characters of LoL or Overwatch), the ones shown in the trailer: the girl and the robot. The guy in blue colors could be a playable character too, but also the bad guy of the game or the typical NPC characters that gives you missions, hints and intel. But the think is that as of now they highlighted the girl in the trailer and website, she seems to be the protagonist of the game.

Edit:
just saw you edited the post to remove the mention to character creation and to accept that character is a robot. It would be nice to remove also your non-sensical personal insults too. I don't have any problem with vaginas or female characters, many of my favorite games have them. I'm just tired that -in the same way that in the past was pretty rare to see a game protagonist not being a white male-, now it's happening the opposite: most new protagonists are female and if male pretty likely aren't going to be white.

Last edited:

yurinka

Edit2:
If you really need a dick
Go fuck yourself and be respectful with other people who disagrees with you.

we have atleast this guy confirmed.
ARC-Raiders_2021_12-09-21_009-768x1152.jpg
Nice, what is the source of this artwork? I didn't find in their website or Twitter.

P.S.: I see your friends at Resetera canceling Embark because of bad cultural appropiation tokenism since they did put him a carpet as a poncho.

elliot5

Nice, what is the source of this artwork? I didn't find in their website or Twitter.

P.S.: I see your friends at Resetera canceling Embark because of bad cultural appropiation tokenism since they did put him a carpet as a poncho.
huh? That's what ponchos look like...

il_794xN.1974783049_b8jc.jpg

yurinka

huh? That's what ponchos look like...

il_794xN.1974783049_b8jc.jpg
I know, but the ones who complain about cultural appropiation typically don't know what they are talking about. I'm pretty sure people from Argentina, Perú, Bolivia, Ecuador and many other Latin American countries where they use ponchos would welcome to have a poncho in a game and won't be the ones complaining about it.

Black_Stride

?
Im not insulting you.
Sorry if it came out that way.
Light banter between gaffers....but again I apologize if it came off that way.

Im literally like you want to play a male character with a dick(penis).
Because the droid didnt count as even if hes is "male" as a droid he lacks a penis right?
As such i assume the main selling point of "male" characters is that they are biologically male?

The artwork is in their press kit.
But that specific one I got from gematsu, them Xbox Wire and Gamersyde usually post everything thats in press kits at reasonable resolutions and quality.

Ive been trying to avoid Resetera because everything seemingly offends there.
Id rather deal with console warriors who I can actually shoot down with facts than people who will be offended a girl showed off her thighs.

Lethal01

The logo, music and armor design seem to indicate a fun colorful retro aesthetic while the game itself looks a bit too much like a stand serious space army shooter.

Hopefully the final game is more unique, stylish and cartoony.

nikolino840

Fun factoid about this game. That large spider enemy wasn't animated by anyone, instead it uses procedural locomotion and utilized machine learning to teach itself to walk. Really impressive stuff. The game is supposed to utilize a lot of impressive ai and machine learning algorithms in its gameplay. Sorta like Boston Dynamics stuff in a video game.

There is even a video of them throwing shit at the spider bot as it learns to walk.

I love the payback is coming line...lol.

This is truly next gen stuff.

Wait...are months old and no one have found this videos?

Top Bottom