• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc Rise Fantasia now published by Ignition, coming Summer 2010

ethelred said:
Well, you hate to read, and you're probably not even looking at any of the text in the game, so it's not really surprising that typos don't bother you. :/

I guess I didn't make it clear in that thread. As long as it's accompanied by a visual medium, I have no problem with and even enjoy reading. Why else would JRPGs be my favorite genre? The problem I have is visualizing stuff in novels because many of the descriptions don't register for me. I wonder if there's an actual name for that if it is indeed a mental disability.

Anyway, I never said I was fine with typos. It just isn't a game breaker for me as long as it's not excessive. Grammar on the other hand...

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Dedication Through Light said:
Summer 2010, such a long wait!

I guess I was fooled my Amazons listing for it to come in February
that's when it was being published by XseeD. i really do wonder what happened that made MMV change their minds...

doomed1 said:
that's when it was being published by XseeD. i really do wonder what happened that made MMV change their minds...

As was posted earlier, Ignition threw out more money.
Such a shame, since they'll do a worse job with the game.

At best I'm ambivalent about Arc Rise Fantasia. The musical chairs that Marvelous is playing with the games publisher doesn't inspire much confidence, besides switching from Xseed to Ignition strikes me as a bit of a step back.

AceBandage said:
As was posted earlier, Ignition threw out more money.
Such a shame, since they'll do a worse job with the game.

Do they think they'll actually get their money back? This game seems to have very little hype surrounding it. They need to market it, but even that probably won't help much considering it's Ignition we're talking about.

cosmicblizzard said:
Do they think they'll actually get their money back? This game seems to have very little hype surrounding it. They need to market it, but even that probably won't help much considering it's Ignition we're talking about.

I have no idea, honestly.
I mean, RPGs haven't been doing too hot in NA on any console, and this one is pretty damn small.
Maybe Ignition took the few hype topics from NeoGAF as a sign, or maybe someone there just likes the game.

AceBandage said:
I have no idea, honestly.
I mean, RPGs haven't been doing too hot in NA on any console, and this one is pretty damn small.
Maybe Ignition took the few hype topics from NeoGAF as a sign, or maybe someone there just likes the game.

It sucks too because this could've helped the future of traditional console RPGs. This is one of the few "real" ones this generation and it's bound to fail before it even releases. I'm not saying it would've sold more under XSeed, but I don't see how any small company can justify bringing it over. I mean of course I'm psyched it's coming, but I'm worried for these small companies and hope they can at least break even.

I guess we'll have some idea after seeing how Nostalgia sells. Hopefully their facebook and twitter advertising paid off.

Quixzlizx

Hobbun said:
Congratulations for taking something correct and making it incorrect.

thats_the_joke.jpg

Top Bottom