• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii) Discussion Thread [JP date = 4th June]

Dascu

Fritz said:
*fingers crossed* What numbers do they expect from such titles anyway? 200k in Japan?
Heck, I'll be glad if they cross 100k. Maybe MHG in April can "mobilize some troops".

Kenka

jj984jj said:
No it always was the date for the announcement of the release date.

7th Dragon is still launching today I hope. No echoes about how good it's selling on shelves ?

Stormbringer said:
Overworld.

72351520080929_070906_8_big.jpg
Now that just looks goofy

Gotta admit being a giant that towers over trees is pretty amusing though

kenji

there are 2 new videos in the gallery section of the official site, can someone youtube them?

i noticed two things
- the black dragon knight is another Bright's power. didn't expect that, i thought that knight was an evil guy's power opposed to the white knight..
- first time in a jrpg where the characters talk and see them talking while fighting? dunno, it's just a nice addition imho, hoping they won't say everytime the same phrases in a rogue galaxy style

Volcynika

kenji said:
there are 2 new videos in the gallery section of the official site, can someone youtube them?

i noticed two things
- the black dragon knight is another Bright's power. didn't expect that, i thought that knight was an evil guy's power opposed to the white knight..
- first time in a jrpg where the characters talk and see them talking while fighting? dunno, it's just a nice addition imho, hoping they won't say everytime the same phrases in a rogue galaxy style

Two new battle videos? I'm uploading them now if so.

Fritz

kenji said:

this stroke me as well. very nice touch. the shared ap gauge seems to be a cool system. The grafics look better too.

kenji

i'm with you guys
considering rising star games delayed rune factory frontier from march to october, and muramasa from november to march 2010, i'd just have to hope to play arc rise before summer 2010 <.<
i'll get the NA version too =(

Sagitario

kenji said:

Both Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Vesperia have this 'addition' [I don't remember if Symphonia has it]... the dialogue is specially cool during story related bosses :D ...

kenji

Farore said:
Both Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Vesperia have this 'addition' [I don't remember if Symphonia has it]... the dialogue is specially cool during story related bosses :D ...
yeah but the characters don't change their expressions and move their mouth (at least not in abyss, dunno about vesperia), while here yes :D

Sagitario

kenji said:
yeah but the characters don't change their expressions and move their mouth (at least not in abyss, dunno about vesperia), while here yes :D

With the Tales games, the last thing you need to pay attention is the characters faces while battling :p [I see your point though]...

There are four High Quality scans out in the wild!

By the way, why on Earth would the game have gone gold (as duckroll said he read) when the game's not out until June? Couldn't imageepoch open the game back up to polish it further in the meantime? Seems like a total waste! :'( But I suppose they're too busy on other projects to do so. This is like Rare who had Pocket Paradise in the back burner, finished, for months for some odd reason before finally releasing it.

Wow, really nice.
Also, seems there will be an arena type thing in the game, and it also uses real time cutscenes but also the anime 2D ones.

bdouble

AceBandage said:
Wow, really nice.
Also, seems there will be an arena type thing in the game, and it also uses real time cutscenes but also the anime 2D ones.

Yeah thats the first thing I saw. This game keeps making good impressions on me. I'm sure it will be the standard fare turn based jrpg but I personally haven't had much experience with any thing from the past 2 generations like it.

jeremy1456

I'm not sure if it was confirmed yet but the screenshots show that you can have up to four characters in your party at once.

Yay.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
jeremy1456 said:
I'm not sure if it was confirmed yet but the screenshots show that you can have up to four characters in your party at once.

Yay.

Says who. Are you basing that on the space at the top of the screen that could fit another portrait? I highly doubt it based on that, since the menus and everything have to be designed to also fit on a 4:3 screen. That's probably just dead space.

Unless you're basing it on some of the moonspeak.

Ricker

Thanks for the screenshots Hero...it's Japan only for June but to release in Nort America by XSeed by the end of 2009...hopefully ;P

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Tathanen said:
Says who. Are you basing that on the space at the top of the screen that could fit another portrait? I highly doubt it based on that, since the menus and everything have to be designed to also fit on a 4:3 screen. That's probably just dead space.

3358692030_b4786babfe_o.png

vs.
3357877763_cb0685d912_o.png

?

Here's hoping. 4>3 in my book!

Boerseun

Banned
I'm getting this Day One when it comes to PAL land.

Off topic: Poor show by Namco Bandai not releasing Tales of Symphonia 2 over here.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
THOUGH, it pretty clearly says "guest" next to the fourth character there. It'll probably be a 3-person party with occasional fourth guests that may or may not be controllable.

bdouble

Tathanen said:
THOUGH, it pretty clearly says "guest" next to the fourth character there. It'll probably be a 3-person party with occasional fourth guests that may or may not be controllable.

Yeah pretty sure its been stated a few times that its 3 character parties. So this is probably true.

Top Bottom