• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archive and Spoiler-Free Thread: E3 2016

Volotaire

GlD7zQo.png

Google Sheet link in case NeoGAF is inaccessible and easy archive access. Archives are updated here first.

• PC users - click the cells and then click the link
  • Phone users - double tap a cell and click the link

INFORMATION

What is this?

Story

Hey Volotaire, I’ve got no time for games
(get it? HAHA)
. What is this really?

This thread archives links to conference videos, reaction streams and publisher livestreams so you can catch up later. Check this thread, or the Google Sheet, to find the links to the streams.

How does this work?

In this thread, I will archive the livestreams as they are completed with mutiple backups. I will archive popular reaction streams such as Giantbomb. I am open to suggestions. I will be available after the livestream so you don’t have to worry about relying on external sources.

Archives ETA: 5-15 minutes after each conference for the Google Sheet, a bit longer on the thread.

What do I need to do?

You have 3 options.

• 1. BOOKMARK this page. When you want to watch a conference, you can directly access the page.
  • 2. SUBSCRIBE to this thread (to subscribe you must have a NeoGAF account and click the SUBSCRIBE button on the top of the page, bottom for mobile users).
  • 3. In the case that NeoGAF is inaccessible due to MEGATONS dropping, use this GOOGLE SHEET . It will be updated FIRST. It should be accessible for phone and tablet users. It contains handy info such as the E3 timetable and E3 thread links.
To summarise, you will not have to sift through the main NeoGAF forums.

Phone and PC users:

• PC users - Click the thread links or images for each conference
  • Phone users - Click the thread links underneath the images (it is a duplicate text of the image)

Recommendations

• Turn off NeoGAF avatars. Posters tend to change their avatars with new news e.g. Zelda U Link E3 2014.
  • Disable the ytma extension, or disable videos on MobileGAF. Thumbnails will appear for YT videos with ytma. The Google Sheet will be a better way to get your videos if you're wary of this.

PLEASE READ the caveats in the first part of the archived links section. It details the likelihood of spoilers on archives i.e. scrolling headlines, similar videos, etc.

RULES

• Do not post E3 news in this thread.
  • This is NOT a discussion thread. Keep discussion to the official conference or news threads.

ARCHIVED LINKS

Caveats for Websites:

Read here

Events:

Deus Ex Universe Pre-E3 Showcase
When: 08/06/16 at 08:30 PT/16:30 BST/15:30 GMT
Thread: Deus Ex Thread by BY2K

Watch Dogs 2 Reveal Livestream
When: 08/06/16 at 09:00 PT/17:00 BST/16:00 GMT

PC Users:

EubYV2d.png

Phone Users and other links:

*USE GAMESPOT YT ARCHIVE INSTEAD OF YT ARCHIVE (better quality!)

Xvum6FS.png

Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Livestream
Where: Around LA!
When: 12/06/16 at 2:00 PM PT/22:00 BST/21:00 GMT
Thread: NeoGAF OT Thread by Compsiox

Xvum6FS.png

PC Users:

1SNmfUP.png

*Note 1

Xvum6FS.png

PC Users:

vJaAUPj.png

Xvum6FS.png

PC Users:

jpsSiFd.png

Xvum6FS.png

PC Users:

ZRXhXaR.png

Xvum6FS.png

PC Users:

UkRMPI9.png

Xvum6FS.png

Nintendo Treehouse Live at E3 2016
Where: E3 Showfloor!
When: 14/06/16 - 15/06/16 at 9:00 AM PT/17:00 BST/16:00 GMT
Thread: NeoGAF OT Thread by Azalean

Xvum6FS.png

Publisher/Developer Streams

Publisher Livestream

Xvum6FS.png

Journalist Streams

TIMETABLE

Conference Timetable

E3 THREADS

Useful E3 threads

THANKS

Thanks

MhQZrhl.png

Hasney

Goddamn. I'll be watching it all live so won't need this, just wanted to commend the amount of work gone it to. Nice one!

As somebody whose college graduation is happening on E3 day, this thread is an absolute blessing.

You're doing the lord's work.

Volotaire

Once upon a time there was a person called Jimmy. Jimmy was an ordinary guy, with an ordinary life. But there was one comfort in Jimmy’s life - E3 - the week of dreams. Agent. Beyond Good and Evil 2. He believed.

But, oh no! Jimmy forgot that he had had to complete an extra project at work. He wouldn’t be able to make it in time to watch the conferences. What would Jimmy do?

Jimmy logged into NeoGAF, frantically looking around for a solution. A glowing bar of text appeared - ‘Archive and Spoiler-Free Thread: E3 2016’

Jimmy exclaimed. ‘THANK YOU. NOW I CAN WATCH EXPERIENCE MEGATONS AS IF IT THEY WERE LIVE’.

bombshell

Twitch is usually instantaneous, YT, from what IIRC last year, was about 5-15 minutes.

I think the actual livestream link on youtube is instantaneous too thanks to the DVR features for livestreams on youtube. That means you can jump around even when watching live and re-watch after it ends.

Volotaire

• Dinjooh and Cheesemesiter for the fantastic E3 conference timetable
  • dex3108 for allowing me utilise the fantastic banner assets for archived links
  • Foliorum Viridum, lazybones18, Frolow for Spoiler Free E3 2010 - 2014 thread inspiration
  • tchocky for checking the Google Sheet status
  • Evershade for the indirect YouTube extension help
  • falconxcrunner09 for adding Kinda Funny Games to the list
  • Suplexer for correcting SBF to Super Best Friends
  • Scanna for correcting the Microsoft image link
  • Jaina for correcting the Google Sheet old Dinjooh table

R1CHO

Thanks a lot Volotaire.

I am going to use the thread intensively to get up to date with the conferences.

Evershade

Best thread of E3, thanks Volotaire.

Going to repost what I posted in last years thread to help avoid Youtube spoilers, when not using direct links:

If anyone is particularly spoiler-conscious and planning on using youtube to watch these, then there are a couple of addins that might be of use that allow hiding the suggested videos, comments, description, titles etc:

Firefox: Element Hidiing Helper for Adblock
Chrome: AdBlock+ Element Hiding Helper

To use both
  • Install the addin
  • Go to a youtube video page
  • Firefox: From the adblock menu click "Select an element to hide" or press Ctrl+Shift+F3
  • Chrome: From the Adblock+ menu select "Block Element" or press Alt+B
  • Select an outlined region of the page to hide

maxcriden

Thanks as always for this thread, Volotaire!

So, was wondering if anyone could do me a favor next week. I'm avoiding all Zelda news but want to know (a) if Nintendo announces anything else and (b) of the new Zelda game includes hunting. Can anyone ITT please let me know of this next week?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Very nice thread, Volotaire.

For reference, I aim to have the E3 2016 | General Information & FAQ thread up on Friday, June 10.

Suplexer

Just to be clear, SBF is Super Best Friends right?

I actually took off on the 13th but knowing me something will come up and I will end up missing all the live conferences so this will be a handy back up plan!

Seijuro

Thanks for the thread, will come in handy as especially Sony's conference is hard to catch live in Europe. Subbed!

Volotaire

Just to be clear, SBF is Super Best Friends right?

I actually took off on the 13th but knowing me something will come up and I will end up missing all the live conferences so this will be a handy back up plan!

Ooops yes. I should clarify this. Thanks! However, I have no idea about their plans for reactions this year.

Scanna

Am I the only one seeing two PC conference and no Microsoft link?

Thank you anyways, bookmarked the crap out of it!

Volotaire

• Gamespot: Popular videos in right panel, latest videos to the bottom right panel below this. Comments at bottom.
    [*]IGN: Article banner at top. Related and most watched videos below the main video window.
  • Giantbomb: I will try to retrieve the direct download link, the web player in your web browser will just be a video. YT Direct Link mirror provided if functional.
  • EasyAllies: A Twitch/ Direct YT Video.
    [*] Twitch: No spoilers.
  • YouTube Direct Link: I will be using a direct link extension to the hyperlink so the YT video fills up fullscreen when you click it like this. No spoilers since no thumbnail, it autoplays
    [*]Official Websites
    : Details per publisher’s website will be revealed closer to conferences. They are highlighted on the google sheet with a colour code key.
    [*]SBF (Super Best Friends): TBC
    [*]Kinda Funny Games: TBC

Thanks for the good work everyone. Will want to catch the Microsoft press conference without spoilers when I get home from work Monday!

This thread is much appreciated. I miss my time living in London when I could watch these at a respectable hour during the day. Now that I'm back home in Australia I'm not keen on watching these live in the middle of the night!

Volotaire

Deus Ex twitch archive linked in the Google Sheet and the thread.

EDIT: Updated Watch Dogs 2 Reveal Livestream in both thread and Google Sheet (Twitch and YT) and YT partial Deus Ex.

EDIT 2: Updated Watch Dogs 2 Gamespot reaction , post and pre show: YT, Twitch and Gamespot

I had vacation time scheduled for Monday for the last 2 months, but something came up at work and I can't be off and I'm so pissed. For the first time ever I will be taking advantage of this thread. Thank you!

KiteGr

I cant find the subscribe button in the mobile version, so i'm just leaving this post here to find it later.

Top Bottom