• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are Miis Gone?

Axass

Nintendo hasn't mentioned them and they were removed from Mario Kart. What's up with that? Do you think they're gone for good? Maybe it's due to Nintendo wanting to distance themselves from the Wii brand as much as possible. What about the Smash characters then?

Madao

regarding the Smash Miis, they'll just ditch them without replacement. it's not the first time they leave unique characters behind.

Falchion

I'm honestly fine if they aren't in the Switch, but I am sad to see any kind of streetpass presence gone.

No, you can see one in the Switch UI. Looks like they can still be used as user icons. I doubt they'll be pseudo-required like they were in the past, though.

Neoxon

They're still around.

img07.jpg

C2CUceLUAAAvIwT.jpg

The difference now is that they're less of a focus. The Miis are just....there.

There were a couple pf mario kart screenshots showing miis in a waiting lobby. I guess theyre back. I really hope they offer more customization, otherwise, I'll remain indifferent :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
DTVZWhs.png

Nintendo's current account system uses them. Of course not.
Also Mario Kart 8 DX clearly has a space for them in the roster (it's the ? in the corner).

Nintendo, you should have bundled some common sense with the Switch. Clearly people need some for your product.

Terrorblot

I'm guessing they'll exist but will continue to slowly be phased out. I think it'd be neat if you could just upload your Mii from Miitomo and maybe down the line make a Miitomo eShop game but ditch all the bloated Mii crap that plagued the Wii U and 3DS.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm guessing they'll exist but will continue to slowly be phased out. I think it'd be neat if you could just upload your Mii from Miitomo and maybe down the line make a Miitomo eShop game but ditch all the bloated Mii crap that plagued the Wii U and 3DS.

Phased out?

If anything they're being used more.

Neoxon

There were a couple pf mario kart screenshots showing miis in a waiting lobby. I guess theyre back. I really hope they offer more customization, otherwise, I'll remain indifferent :/
I wouldn't be surprised if Miitomo is serving as our Mii Maker for the Switch given the extensive use of smartphones for the OS.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Why would Mii be gone? They are another part of Nintendo series are used for Nintendo ID.

It's like asking are Mario games gone?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wouldn't be surprised if Miitomo is serving as our Mii Maker for the Switch given the extensive use of smartphones for the OS.

Well they better start including favourite colour as an option then.

And good riddance if they are. Ready to leave all Wii/DS-related Mii junk behind. Never was a fan.
Don't get this attitude. They're Nintendo characters in their own right. Why should we leave these characters behind while clamouring for Nintendo to bring back other characters?

Axass

Sorry guys, didn't see them in any of the footage and thought they were gone. Anyway, they seem to be much less pervasive and important than before.

DTVZWhs.png

Nintendo's current account system uses them. Of course not.
Also Mario Kart 8 DX clearly has a space for them in the roster (it's the ? in the corner).

Nintendo, you should have bundled some common sense with the Switch. Clearly people need some for your product.
Excuse me, but I don't see how it's common sense that a ? represents Miis, while usually it's for random selection.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Excuse me, but I don't see how it's common sense that a ? represents Miis, while usually it's for random selection.

That was a general comment, because I've been way too many people asking about Miis, even though it's obvious they're not gone, not necessarily related to my Mario Kart comment. But if you must know, the ? designated a hidden character in MK8, and the Mii icon was in the bottom corner in MK8 Wii U.

Hope so, so they dont take slots in Mario Kart and Smash
That don't take up any slots. There's not a fixed number of slots in any game. Also, MK8 is a game with Pink Gold Peach, so I'd hardly say the Miis were the one using up the "slots".

This is the lack of common sense I was talking about.

This. Think they look so dumb, glad they're gone.
DTVZWhs.png

But they're not gone.

Ninja Dom

Nintendo hasn't mentioned them and they were removed from Mario Kart. What's up with that? Do you think they're gone for good? Maybe it's due to Nintendo wanting to distance themselves from the Wii brand as much as possible. What about the Smash characters then?

Not at all OP.

Nintendo just released Miitopia for 3DS in Japan. A whole RPG starring Mii's. We're eagerly awaiting an English version.

The time used to animate and develop them into the game could be used for other characters, you know what I meant and you don't have to remind me of Nintendo's questionable action's to add metal mario and characters like that, thats on them.

What about the Smash characters then?

In the random case of Miis being eliminated from the general ecosystem it is not a stretch to think they would stay in Smash, either with their very own editor or simply as a bunch of preselected templates.

moozoom

I personally love Mii characters so I'd like to see them again ( and think Nintendo will keep them around a bit longer ) Since they seem to relocalize some OS features to phone Apps, I'm guessing they will use Miitomo to replace the Miiplaza and such.

Since I know some people who ACTUALLY liked Xbox Avatars and even those soul-less abominations from Home, I'm not surprised from the hate they get here.

Top Bottom