• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are PS4's with PT still valuable at all or did I miss the boat?

poodaddy

Gold Member
I stubbornly refused to sell my PS4 with PT back when they were going for silly amounts, as I thought I'd always want access to the game. Now, years later, I must admit I like the teaser, but I honestly don't see me playing it again, and I'm wondering if I should sell my PS4 pro with PT on it at a premium. If I did so, what do you think I should sell it at?

Bonus question, how would I go about wiping all my personal information and games off of the console while keeping PT on it? Thanks for your help ahead of time.

ManaByte

WATA Games has entered the chat.

Last edited:

dano1

A Sheep
I stubbornly refused to sell my PS4 with PT back when they were going for silly amounts, as I thought I'd always want access to the game. Now, years later, I must admit I like the teaser, but I honestly don't see me playing it again, and I'm wondering if I should sell my PS4 pro with PT on it at a premium. If I did so, what do you think I should sell it at?

Bonus question, how would I go about wiping all my personal information and games off of the console while keeping PT on it? Thanks for your help ahead of time.
Pretty sure once you erase your info the game is gone. And no way would I sell it without erasing your info!

poodaddy

Gold Member
Welp, thanks. I almost wanna make a listing for 99,999 bucks just to under shoot the 100k jackass there lol.

Nothing is selling right now. I'm selling a bunch of old comic statues, high quality rare stuff, and no one's biting right now. I feel like it used to be so easy to sell this stuff. Everything just sucks now. It's hard to pull together extra cash these days.

kiphalfton

Don't you have to have an active PS account login to play games you've downloaded? If so, what kind of of moron would sell a console without first formatting it. I guess you could hypothetically unlink all payment info, but you may as well say goodbye to that PS account at that point, and hope you don't have other digital games downloaded as they'll be linked to that account.

Last edited:

Roufianos

I don't think they ever went for all that much extra, at least in the UK. Sure, you'd see people advertise them for ridiculous money but if you look at completed listings on eBay, they never went for much.

One just sold on eBay for £84 without cables.

Last edited:

Griffon

There you go.

/thread
If you look at the console that actually sold (by checking sold items on the side), you can see that the value is pretty low, about 250€ for a PT console (the ones that sold for more had SSDs and other games thrown on top).

Top Bottom