• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

are the 90's and 00's games really better or is it just nostalgia ?

Kaachan

I might be biased saying this but, they are better

I was pretty late on the train with games like Shenmue, Half-Life or Final Fantasy but those games has made a deeper print in my heart than most other games, with no childhood nostalgia involved

90's and 00's games were unrefined. The early gaming industry were much less industrialized than nowadays. It was the wild west, game developers could make up crazy ideas with big risks to publishers and therefore DEFINE game genres. It just felt as if those games had more character and soul to it

And you got so involved with the games as well, voicing your own dialogues or figuring out impossible puzzles since you couldn't really Google things up

A lot of new games comes out half-assed by triple A companies that are just straight up not finished and there are too many P2W and micro transactions aspects

With that being said, there's still a lot of good new games coming out and of course there are old games which I used to enjoy that I think didn't age very well. The most important part for me is that if a game has a great story, it will stay great forever for me

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
Gaming was at its peak from PS2 PS3 and PS4 era. So many quality titles - MGS2, MGS3, RE4, God Of War series, Devil may cry 3, Gran Turismo 3, Half Life 2, FEAR, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Blacklist, Unreal Tournament 2004, Halo 3, Jedi Academy, Mass Effect Series, Bioshock series, Uncharted series, Dead Space 1/2 etc

Most AAA titles released over the past 2-3 years are bloated messes. Every game follows the same shitty derivative formula.

Stop releasing so many shitty open world games that take 50 hours to complete.

Last edited:
Top Bottom