• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are there good games based on TV shows?

VulcanRaven

Are there good games based on TV shows? There are a lot of games based on movies but not so much on TV shows. There are some of course but the ones that I have played haven't been very good. The only recent one that I can think of is Telltale's Game of Thrones but I haven't played it. I heard it was well received. Are there others? I played Prison Break: The Conspiracy on Xbox 360 many years ago and it was awful. It felt low budget and combat was dull.

Lost: Via Domus
270px-Lostviadomus.jpg

I enjoyed playing it as a fan but it was a big disappointment. The trailers looked great and it could have been good if done right. It was fun to meet characters from the show and the story was somewhat interesting. I wish someone made a new game about Lost. I have always wanted to try The X-Files: Resist or Serve but I haven't heard good things about it.

Last edited:

DryvBy

Home Improvement on the SNES is NOT one of t hose games. Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor battles dinosaurs on the first level.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
label_x_men_mutant_apocalypse_snes_by_labelsnes-dbewjmu.png

I think this was based on the animated TV show... Still a cool game.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The latest two South Park games were really very good, although I say that as long time fan of the show (even if the latest few seasons have been meh). I imagine if you hate South Park you'd really hate playing those.

The show is also not without it's catastrophic video game efforts. South Park (1998), Chef's Luv Shack (1999) and Rally (1999) were all pretty terrible.

Fbh

Yeah the Walking Dead from Telltale is the only one I can think of that was actually good. (aside from cartoons and anime which are technically also TV shows)

VulcanRaven

Yeah the Walking Dead from Telltale is the only one I can think of that was actually good. (aside from cartoons and anime which are technically also TV shows)
Isn't The Walking Dead based on the comic book and not the TV show?

Last edited:

NickFire

The original Buffy game on Xbox was good. Two most recent South Park games were like playing a several hour long episode. Loved them. Those are quickest to come to mind.

brian0057

Banned
Man, this makes me wish for a The Expanse game in the vein of Mass Effect 1 or Knights of the Old Republic. That show has some of the best world-building and lore ever put on paper and on the small screen.

Wrestling games and the Defiance MMO come to mind

Gotta get more specific when it comes to wrestling games though. I really don't care for the new ones. But if we're talking WCW/nWo Revenge for the n64, then most definitely.

Another one to mention is Krusty's Super Funhouse on the SNES/Genesis (puzzle platformer), which was quite popular with people back then.

The X-Files: Resist or Serve is decent.

I've always have had a soft spot for Bart's Nightmare on the SNES even though it has its flaws (like being impossible to beat for starters)

Last edited:
Top Bottom