• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are there legitimate games on PC that look better than demons souls?

anothertech

Looking at proof in the pudding. None of that over ressed perfectly lighted last gen shit looks as good as DeS imo.

Looks like up ressed last gen shit.

Probably just the artistry and subjective views, but dam demons souls looks good.

I imagine it would be the best looking game on pc if it were there.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
No one cares, dude. You just fly over and by all of it. Make a world that beautiful I can shoot with a gun with buildings I can walk into and shit. You're BORING ME.
I-It doesn't count because I don't like it!

pepe.jpg

Don't kill me but I am not that impressed with the graphics. To my eyes it looks like it could run at 1440p at 30fps on a ps4 pro >< sorry the Art Design is nice but that's about it for me. Nothing mind blowing IMHO.

Same. DeS has great lighting and high resolution textures. Tone both down a bit and it can easily run on a last gen console.

Guilty_AI

That's a stupid thing to say. Tell me is the animation tech superior? Facial models? Destructibility? What about tech that involves instantly loading alternate worlds? What about tech that governs many AIs at once? Like WTF are you on about.
Thats the kind of comment that, once again, shows you have no idea what you're on about. Facial animation? Destructibility? What makes you think those are harder to reproduce than to recreate a 1:1 scale map of the entire world with a high amount of fidelity? And talking about AI, did you know FS does uses advanced AI for a lot of stuff in the game, from modeling the map or reproducing the weather to even AI generated voices.

Oh but you don't care 'cause you don't like planes or whatever. Apparently all this advanced tech in the game that few or no other games use should be automatically denied and ignored because you find flying boring.

MDSLKTR

The crazy thing is that it's still a PS3 game at the core and it manages to look that good. I could stare at the rock formations all day.

Jagz

Demon's Souls doesn't even use Ray Tracing and looks like it could run on a PS4, at a lower resolution; subjectively it looks very nice, but on a technical level, it's not next gen.

So yes, on a technical level, PC 'beats' it. Something like Watch Dogs Legion, a full open world game, at 60fps, with full Ray Tracing at 4K (using DLSS) on PC objectively, in terms of rendering pipeline is performing more operations than Demon's Souls for PS5.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
People really sleeping on how good this game looks in motion, asking for gameplay and shit.

it looks like a damn tech demo, and its a launch game made by a small studio.

dOgqVEN.gif

WIX87GU.gif

b55b76540f6f46a3958ce9298896913d3c406079.gifv

the lighting and textures are damn beautiful.

ive seen nothing on PC that looks better

you play that shit on an OLED and its absolutely DISGUSTING visually.

too bad i hate the combat :messenger_poop:

Last edited:
I-It doesn't count because I don't like it!

pepe.jpg
Thats the kind of comment that, once again, shows you have no idea what you're on about. Facial animation? Destructibility? What makes you think those are harder to reproduce than to recreate a 1:1 scale map of the entire world with a high amount of fidelity? And talking about AI, did you know FS does uses advanced AI for a lot of stuff in the game, from modeling the map or reproducing the weather to even AI generated voices.

Oh but you don't care 'cause you don't like planes or whatever. Apparently all this advanced tech in the game that few or no other games use should be automatically denied and ignored because you find flying boring.

I'm just quoting you guys so more people see this, like LOL WTF kind of arguments are these? Keep in mind this started with Guilty_AI trying to give Demon's Souls crap for "not enough happening on-screen" while he praises an interactive screen saver.

Ev1L AuRoN

I don't know, Control is gorgeous with full Ray Tracing Support, the same goes to Shadow of Tomb Raider and Metro Exodus. I think those games excel in different things and to call one better it will depend on your own subjective perception. IMHO, the Ray Tracing implementation in Control is enough to me to say it is the better looking game. Screenshots and YouTube videos don't make it justice, this game must be experienced in person. Maybe my opinion change once I play Demon Souls myself.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm just quoting you guys so more people see this, like LOL WTF kind of arguments are these? Keep in mind this started with Guilty_AI trying to give Demon's Souls crap for "not enough happening on-screen" while he praises an interactive screen saver.
Not biased at all, I see.

Guilty_AI

Quiz:
A: When exactly did i gave DS crap for "not enough happening on-screen"?
B: Describe exactly whats wrong with what i argued, beyond a "Flying is boring!" "No one cares!" opinion that is.
C: Explain why recreating a 1:1 map of the earth along with the systems needed for a flight sim as well as dinamic day-night cycles and weather, needing the help of many databases, artificial intelligence, satellite map data, weather data, advanced weather and cloud tech, can't be considered an impressive feat from a tech standpoint and should be reduced to "an interactive screen saver" without any merit.

Last edited:
Quiz:
A: When exactly did i gave DS crap for "not enough happening on-screen"?
B: Describe exactly whats wrong with what i argued, beyond a "Flying is boring!" "No one cares!" opinion that is.
C: Explain why recreating a 1:1 map of the earth along with the systems needed for a flight sim, needing the help of many databases, artificial intelligence, satellite map data, advanced weather and cloud tech, can't be considered an impressive feat from a tech standpoint and should be reduced to "an interactive screen saver" without any merit.

My bad, you apparently took over arguing for some other knob.

I already described what's wrong with your "the tech is better" argument, different games with different tech goals achieving different things. I might as well tell you Minecraft has better tech than Flight Sim.

It's cool they recreated the map, but the fact that they did it just for you to fly over it makes it unimpressive to me and many others. It's like a tech demo, look but don't touch. I feel like it's clear enough why the game doesn't impress me at this point, I don't play games to see pretty backgrounds I can't interact with, it's sometimes a neat thing you see in real games but an entire game of that? Who cares?

DeaDPo0L84

People tend to get really hung up on graphics alone while ignoring all the other benefits a high end pc can add to a game. Sure Demon Souls looks amazing, I think you'd be hard press to make an argument to disprove that. But in order to play Demon Souls at it's best graphical peak you have to also deal with 30fps. If this game were on pc this would not be the case whatsoever, we would be able to run it at max settings alongside 60fps+. Also while fps does not deal directly in a games graphical prowess, playing a game at max settings at 60fps or more will always trump a pretty picture with 30fps in my personal opinion. It's just so fucking smooth and completely gets rid of that slideshow choppiness effect, again with a high end pc which I know not every one has but still.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
I guess this is true to a degree -if I’m completely honest almost all games nowadays have impressive graphics. Like you mentioned BOTW one of my top games - it’s not technically like astounding to look at but the art style does make it beautiful. Red Dead obviously quality - never played it on pc to see the full extent but hell it still looked awesome to me - it’s very rare that I see a game that has legitimately bad graphics I feel like. Maybe cus I grew up during the n64 era

EDIT: I also find flight simulator to look pretty damn stunning. I’ve always wanted a flying game to have like the acfual city fully rendered below it - can’t run on my pc for shit tho and not my personal taste in games. I hope whatever the next flying combat game is does a similar thing

Totally agree I’m 37 so been gaming since the NES. From Gameecube / PS2 onwards if you run the games in HD they still look great.

RDR2, Ghost and TLOU II are genuinely more impressive looking to me than Demons Souls in parge part because of Art in part because of scale.

Flight Sim is definitely very impressive tech wise and is a looker at the same time. Lovey clouds.

Guilty_AI

I already described what's wrong with your "the tech is better" argument, different games with different tech goals achieving different things. I might as well tell you Minecraft has better tech than Flight Sim.
Thing is, some tech is definitely more impressive and difficult to achieve than others, regardless of what they're trying to achieve.

It's cool they recreated the map, but the fact that they did it just for you to fly over it makes it unimpressive to me and many others. It's like a tech demo, look but don't touch. I feel like it's clear enough why the game doesn't impress me at this point, I don't play games to see pretty backgrounds I can't interact with, it's sometimes a neat thing you see in real games but an entire game of that? Who cares?
Anyone who properly played Flight Sims knows you aren't just "flying over stuff". This is the point where you just clearly aren't familiar with the genre.
I'll just tell you this: that "background enviroment" composed of the map, clouds, weather, buildings, mountains, etc. they all matter a lot on how you play the game, they're not there just for the eye candy.
Sure, they don't have to look as good as they do in FS2020 to perform their proper roles in the game, but then again the quality models and textures in DS don't have to look good to accomplish their functions either.

Last edited:
That screen is bad. like really really bad. For moment I was wondering if that's original of remake. Grass not only comes from middle of flagstones but also totally not connected to worlds. Wood straight from PS3 era. Not only it looks like clean cut instead of being broken into pieces but texture of burning one is straight from PS3 era games. Character glow totally destroys all details it could have. If that's how DS remake is looking most of time, then you guys are delusional. It's not only not best looking game, but it's straight ugly as hell. Even games like Gears 5 (and it run in 60fps) on previous generation looks better than that thing.

Definitely not a good screenshot. Watch a video or something the game is undeniably crazy good looking.

DeaconOfTheDank

Gold Member
I've got a pretty beefy PC and have played most of the games thrown around in discussion (RDR2, Hellblade, W3, Metro Exodus, KCD, Control), but Demon's Souls takes the cake for visual fidelity. Booting that thing up on a calibrated OLED with HDR in cinematic mode treats you to some stupidly good visuals. While 30fps is a bit of a letdown, the graphics in cinematic mode push the game into next-gen territory as opposed to performance mode, which looks like it could run on PS4 Pro with some compromises.

That being said, Demon's Souls uses largely static/baked lighting (besides effects like Magic, etc.) so it's not as technically impressive as something like RDR2 where we're dealing with mostly dynamic lighting via changing time of day. Basically, the Bluepoint devs can focus on getting Demon's Souls to look as good as possible under certain lighting conditions and then call it a day; it's more impressive to me how good RDR2 can look at virtually all times. I think a better comparison would be with TLOU2 as that also deals with static lighting.

On another note, I find it impressive how good Demon's Souls lighting solution looks considering it's not making use of raytracing.

Well... there are some things we should consider first:

1. PC gaming is always technically more impresive than console gaming, due to devs putting a good part of "optimizations" in players hands (almost unlimited hardware upgradability)

2. PC gaming is already next-gen ready like 1 or 2 years before consoles next gen, current 2080 cards will already run PS5 games at low/mid/high combinations of settings at probably 1440p fixed resolution by the rest of the generation. A lot of players went till mid gen with GTX 9xx cards with no issues at all.

3. Most PC games are console ports, if there's not something as "visually outstanding" on PC it's because it's basically running prev gen optimized games. I'm totally sure DeS will run on PC same or better with RTX 2xxx cards.

4. DeS doesn't even look THAT good, to begin with, I think it can be run by PS4 reducing assets resolution and some level of details but it would be almost identical for most people (yes, those that don't have 4K TVs like... 90% of gamers or more).

5. PC gaming is THE competitive gaming platform so exclusives are supposed to run at as many FPS as it can hold more than with more effects.

PC gaming is just another beast, PS5 isn't some miracle machine that PC can't match... current PCs are already more powerful or as much as PS5 given a budget (which will be much smaller due to new cards and components)

I don’t see where I didn’t acknowledge that? I literally just asked if there are games that actually look better. I have a PC - I know what PC’s are capable of. I know PC have more power and I know the ecosystem with games coming to PC. I’m super confused by the reactions on here like I made some ultimate statement on PC vs PS5. If you ported Demons Souls to PC I’m sure it would look even better cus you could dial every knob up higher - I’m legit just saying that right now - in this exact moment I am playing Demons Souls and to me it is clearly the best looking graphics I’ve ever seen. Just right now.

Those saying it could run on PS4 - no, no I don’t actually believe it could honestly. I believe they definitely would have made that work if they coulda kept it at a level that didn’t require a major downgrade. People are making ludicrous statements now and it’s gotta stop. I’m sorry. The insecurity around this is ridiculous. Graphics obviously will be surpassed - but the game is certainly up there with the best looking games of all time if it’s not the best looking and to pretend otherwise is being disingenuous. I don’t even know why people care so much it’s not like PC is in danger of not matching it. I’m just interested to know what games people are talking about when they say a game looks better than demons souls because it is said a lot - some of the replies in here I gotta say. Either you just haven’t played the game or your taste is wildly different or something. I think Gears looks great but it doesn’t even come close in terms of the cohesive image that looks like a literal prerendered cutscene.

I've got a pretty beefy PC and have played most of the games thrown around in discussion (RDR2, Hellblade, W3, Metro Exodus, KCD, Control), but Demon's Souls takes the cake for visual fidelity. Booting that thing up on a calibrated OLED with HDR in cinematic mode treats you to some stupidly good visuals. While 30fps is a bit of a letdown, the graphics in cinematic mode push the game into next-gen territory as opposed to performance mode, which looks like it could run on PS4 Pro with some compromises.

That being said, Demon's Souls uses largely static/baked lighting (besides effects like Magic, etc.) so it's not as technically impressive as something like RDR2 where we're dealing with mostly dynamic lighting via changing time of day. Basically, the Bluepoint devs can focus on getting Demon's Souls to look as good as possible under certain lighting conditions and then call it a day; it's more impressive to me how good RDR2 can look at virtually all times. I think a better comparison would be with TLOU2 as that also deals with static lighting.

On another note, I find it impressive how good Demon's Souls lighting solution looks considering it's not making use of raytracing.

Yeah I don’t know what they’re doing with the lighting but it’s pretty nuts - the mixture of whatever it is - baked and non baked - they make it work really well. Obviously the game itself is far simpler in terms of freedom and like the availability to interact with things to a certain extent, like you can’t jump and stuff and really interact with the environment to the degree of something like Zelda or even Horizon or something. I think I’ve only played the fidelity mode I’m not sure. I’m glad at least some people understand and can see what I’m talking about. It’s not like a threatening thing to say I don’t get some of the reactions. PC will definitely best it at some point in the near future.

I've spent hours just picking up stuff and looking close in Half Life Alyx. It's an amazing game. It's the only game I've bought in the last 5 years that has made me upgrade my graphics card.

Honestly - probably the best gaming experience I’ve had in like... ever maybe? Certainly as an adult. At least in the last 15 or so years. It’s the first time I feel like I’ve played something that genuinely felt like “next level” since like the first Xbox came out with halo and ps2 with gta 3. Or even the OG half life - or half life 2 with the physics.

Terenty

I think you just like the atmosphere and art.

Here, I can post some RDR2 pics. Give me one reason why Deamons Souls look better besides "I prefer the atmosphere".

RDR2_2019_11_05_21_26_57_703.jpg

red-dead-2-1.jpg

rdr2-photo-mode-1.jpg

Screenshot-1496.png

gm-b3b76f6b-08e1-47db-aa1f-f706888600f0-rdr-2-pc.jpg
What a beauty. Rdr 2 why you did this? Everything else looks lime shit after you, it's unfair

People tend to get really hung up on graphics alone while ignoring all the other benefits a high end pc can add to a game. Sure Demon Souls looks amazing, I think you'd be hard press to make an argument to disprove that. But in order to play Demon Souls at it's best graphical peak you have to also deal with 30fps. If this game were on pc this would not be the case whatsoever, we would be able to run it at max settings alongside 60fps+. Also while fps does not deal directly in a games graphical prowess, playing a game at max settings at 60fps or more will always trump a pretty picture with 30fps in my personal opinion. It's just so fucking smooth and completely gets rid of that slideshow choppiness effect, again with a high end pc which I know not every one has but still.

Yeah I’m in no way saying that’s not true.

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
The vibrant 16 colors of Dwarf Fortress underline the pure beauty of typography. Still unbeaten to this day.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I think you just like the atmosphere and art.

Here, I can post some RDR2 pics. Give me one reason why Deamons Souls look better besides "I prefer the atmosphere".

RDR2_2019_11_05_21_26_57_703.jpg

red-dead-2-1.jpg

rdr2-photo-mode-1.jpg

Screenshot-1496.png

gm-b3b76f6b-08e1-47db-aa1f-f706888600f0-rdr-2-pc.jpg

Wow those shots must be from a very nice PC.

Even though I don't like RDR2, I have to admit it's an awesome looking game. Hell, on the one X it looks better than Demon Souls on the PS5, but damn, your screen shots put RDR2 on the 1 X and Demon Souls to shame. Really beautiful.

Eric187

Banned
I don’t think most people realize how subjective a question like this is. Example, my wife, thinks Super Mario Odyssey is the greatest looking game she’s ever seen. I still stand by Red Dead 2 on my PS4 pro, even after seeing games like Control, Metro, maxed out on a decent PC. It will always be dependent on the art style, technical prowess, and setting of said game for me.

Larxia

I don’t think most people realize how subjective a question like this is. Example, my wife, thinks Super Mario Odyssey is the greatest looking game she’s ever seen. I still stand by Red Dead 2 on my PS4 pro, even after seeing games like Control, Metro, maxed out on a decent PC. It will always be dependent on the art style, technical prowess, and setting of said game for me.
That's true, especially today. There is still obvious possible superiority / inferiority in the technical departement, but we reached a level where the tech is already so high, art style is really what matters the most. Like I know there are games with more complex graphics, but for me Sunset Overdrive really was the best thing ever, it was the perfect style, everything I loved, the visuals I always wanted to see in a game.

DavidGzz

So I started God of War again. Even it compares pretty favorably imo. Also TLOU2 character models and realistic look murder Demon's.

VFXVeteran

Banned

You are wasting your time with these bozos man. They will always live in their own world of every PS5 exclusive looks like the next coming of Christ because it's a PS exclusive. I've been quiet in this thread intentionally. It's really getting hard saying the same shit over and over again to the same people who will NEVER admit any game outside of a PS exclusive is the best looking game. Never. All logic about the actual goings on in the rendering engine is completely ignored... what happens when DeS comes to the PC? They'll latch onto another exclusive that's NOT ported to another platform. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Grass is growing out of the actual stone blocks in the pavement.
that's a real thing that really happens I don't know what you guys are complaining about. You know especially in a world where someone isn't making sure that doesn't happen, I'm sure they're on a lot of gardeners and such or people retiling. But honestly you guys expose you don't live in urban areas of your countries if you don't know that this happens

You are wasting your time with these bozos man. They will always live in their own world of every PS5 exclusive looks like the next coming of Christ because it's a PS exclusive. I've been quiet in this thread intentionally. It's really getting hard saying the same shit over and over again to the same people who will NEVER admit any game outside of a PS exclusive is the best looking game. Never. All logic about the actual goings on in the rendering engine is completely ignored... what happens when DeS comes to the PC? They'll latch onto another exclusive that's NOT ported to another platform. Rinse and repeat.

it might upset you too much that some people think this game is the best looking game. I still remember when actual journalists were calling gears five the best looking game ever made I somehow managed to maintain my composure better than you are doing here and in many other threads. It's very clear what's the best looking game is entirely subjective and while you can talk about your knowledge on what goes on with the inner workings of a game we know that you're not an actual game developer, if we're going to go by what game developers think is the best looking games though we can do that I would like to see evidence of what they are most impressed by. because if we're going to appeal to authorities we can go to authorities higher than yourself. For the record I'm not in the habit of agreeing with the appeal to authority fallacy anyways. I'm also not in the habit of believing how complicated the tech is behind the game dictates how good looking it is. But it can help.

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
I was amazed by Microsoft Flight Simulator. It's hard to even imagine how good it looks actually playing it yourself (I don't have a Gaming PC), but I was stunned even on YouTube. Obviously it gets a bit less impressive the lower you get to the ground, but it honestly looks real sometimes when flying over places.

Demon Soul's looks amazing, though. Definitely one of the best exclusives I've ever seen graphically.

I was amazed by Microsoft Flight Simulator. It's hard to even imagine how good it looks actually playing it yourself (I don't have a Gaming PC), but I was stunned even on YouTube. Obviously it gets a bit less impressive the lower you get to the ground, but it honestly looks real sometimes when flying over places.

Demon Soul's looks amazing, though. Definitely one of the best exclusives I've ever seen graphically.
wait it looks worse the closer you get to the ground I didn't even know that LOL.

PC focused dev studios simply don't have the budgets or teams required to make PC exclusive games, that truly push visuals any more.
This. There has to be only a hand full, if that, PC games made specifically for PC that ever really take full advantage of all that hardware. It's a shame, cause there is some amazing hardware in the PC space. You know I think those demos that Game Engine companies (Unreal, Unity, Cryengine etc.) make are the only things that really show off what a PC can do. They're building those things to showoff and they do a good job of showing off.

it might upset you too much that some people think this game is the best looking game. I still remember when actual journalists were calling gears five the best looking game ever made I somehow managed to maintain my composure better than you are doing here and in many other threads. It's very clear what's the best looking game is entirely subjective and while you can talk about your knowledge on what goes on with the inner workings of a game we know that you're not an actual game developer, if we're going to go by what game developers think is the best looking games though we can do that I would like to see evidence of what they are most impressed by. because if we're going to appeal to authorities we can go to authorities higher than yourself. For the record I'm not in the habit of agreeing with the appeal to authority fallacy anyways. I'm also not in the habit of believing how complicated the tech is behind the game dictates how good looking it is. But it can help.
Not to butt in, but wouldn't game devs kinda be biased with their own games? I've seen some on this very website. And wouldn't VFX have much better insight than you especially, or most GAF members, in regards to rendering techniques, usage of certain features and effects, LOD's, raytracing, etc? Its sad that you are trying to slick discredit him, when he has more of a say so with the inner workings of games, than the majority of us on this site. Just because you don't like the facts he's laid down, doesn't mean his knowledge isn't worthwhile, simply because it goes against your narrative, vs his factual knowledge.

VFXVeteran

Banned

LOL! I didn't know that you knew EXACTLY what I was doing here at Lockheed Martin. I've been pulling 20hrs O/T per week trying to get this missile simulation working in UE4. Game development? I should show you my LinkedIn Inbox of messages.

Sorry bro, but I'm more than qualified and definitely know what's going on under the hood. I can assure you that FS2020 has some incredible tech behind it's graphics engine and while complexity doesn't necessarily relate to better visuals, in this case it does. You don't need to be doing what I do on a daily basis to know that.

Last edited:
Not to butt in, but wouldn't game devs kinda be biased with their own games? I've seen some on this very website. And wouldn't VFX have much better insight than you especially, or most GAF members, in regards to rendering techniques, usage of certain features and effects, LOD's, raytracing, etc? Its sad that you are trying to slick discredit him, when he has more of a say so with the inner workings of games, than the majority of us on this site. Just because you don't like the facts he's laid down, doesn't mean his knowledge isn't worthwhile, simply because it goes against your narrative, vs his factual knowledge.

No we hear about game devs who are impressed by other games all the time. they were impressed based on the fact that someone accomplished something they don't know how to accomplish. keep in mind I tried to end it with the fact that I don't agree with appeal to authority fallacy but you seem all in on it. I wasn't trying to discredit him I was trying to discredit the idea that he's some all knowing authority we should all listen to, clearly you want him to be that, clearly you believe he knows better than all of us what looks good his eyes are far more qualified. I've defended VFX veteran plenty of times I've told him his experience makes him a valuable member plenty of times but I will never support him using that experience and knowledge as a bludgeon against people on a subjective discussion.

Last edited:
LOL! I didn't know that you knew EXACTLY what I was doing here at Lockheed Martin. I've been pulling 20hrs O/T per week trying to get this missile simulation working in UE4. Game development? I should show you my LinkedIn Inbox of messages.

Sorry bro, but I'm more than qualified and definitely know what's going on under the hood. I can assure you that FS2020 has some incredible tech behind it's graphics engine and while complexity doesn't necessarily relate to better visuals, in this case it does. You don't need to be doing what I do on a daily basis to know that.

There are no qualifications for you to tell other people what looks great. We'll figure it out ourselves, we don't need to know how the pie is made to enjoy the taste of it.

VFXVeteran

Banned
This. There has to be only a hand full, if that, PC games made specifically for PC that ever really take full advantage of all that hardware. It's a shame, cause there is some amazing hardware in the PC space. You know I think those demos that Game Engine companies (Unreal, Unity, Cryengine etc.) make are the only things that really show off what a PC can do. They're building those things to showoff and they do a good job of showing off.

All games take full advantage of PC hardware. The PC isn't a closed platform. Its' an open platform and always will be. A game that doesn't exercise the GPU well enough will show during a profile. A game like AC:Valhalla, for example, uses over 96% of the GPUs bandwidth and compute power. It's a very well optimized game for an open platform game that compiles to many other platforms.

You guys are misled into thinking the PC "should" be optimized like a console. It never will be but should always be fully utilized. That's the reason why it outperforms consoles and offers better graphics features.

VFXVeteran

Banned
There are no qualifications for you to tell other people what looks great. We'll figure it out ourselves, we don't need to know how the pie is made to enjoy the taste of it.

When it concerns subjectivity, you are right. And I tend to stay away from that. But when you start talking about specifics of what does what and what graphics engines are doing, i.e.

Tell me is the animation tech superior? Facial models? Destructibility? What about tech that involves instantly loading alternate worlds? What about tech that governs many AIs at once?

I have to step in as a professional and clear things up.

Last edited:
No we hear about game devs who are impressed by other games all the time. they were impressed based on the fact that someone accomplished something they don't know how to accomplish. keep in mind I tried to end it with the fact that I don't agree with appeal to authority fallacy but you seem all in on it. I wasn't trying to discredit him I was trying to discredit the idea that he's some all knowing authority we should all listen to, clearly you want him to be that, clearly you believe he knows better than all of us what looks good his eyes are far more qualified. I've defended VFX veteran plenty of times I've told him his experience makes him a valuable member plenty of times him especially on subjective viewpoints.
I'm not buying that at all honestly. Especially with your post history in this regard. But whatever you think makes you look and feel better. I never said he's Jesus Christ himself, I just pointed out the fact that you are slick dissing him and his credentials is all. You don't know what I want or any of that, which is irrelevant, and trying to switch the focus to me, for whatever reason you are trying to evade? Again, I'm just pointing out the obvious, no need to get bent out of shape over it. You don't have to be able to afford a PC to realize why it is the defacto of gaming hardware, it's just annoying to hear y'all try and downplay it because your wearing rose tinted/sony fanboy glasses. That is all.

Top Bottom