• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are we ever getting WipEout 4K?

I was listening to the Wipeout HD Fury soundtrack on my way to work this morning and it made me realize that as a general visual showcase (especially for crystal-clear IQ, given its art style) it'd be really, really nice to bring that franchise back now that we've got the PS4 Pro on the market.

I know Psygnosis/Studio Liverpool is dead and gone, but Evolution hasn't done anything since Driveclub and it'd be really nice to have them do something a little more bombastic.

Kyoufu

Shinobi did say something about a remaster collection thing coming to PS4, so if true, then I guess so.

Rondras

Banned
Yes, also Sony is releasing all it's PS games on Steam and now the Playstation will be called Buy a PC.

Sony doesn't care about Wipeout anymore.

A Wipeout HD/Fury/2048 compilation with native 4k and VR support would be amazing. I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility in the future, but Evolution developing it is probably a no-go.

A Wipeout HD/Fury/2048 compilation with native 4k and VR support would be amazing. I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility in the future, but Evolution developing it is probably a no-go.
I totally want to get really drunk and play wipeout vr until I projectile vomit yeah

Shin

Banned

Could always get these guys and I think I read somewhere they wanted to make a new WipeOut game or something like it, but haven't heard anything since.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...o_Liverpool_devs_unite_to_form_Firesprite.php

That Shinobi dude with the smiley face says something is in the works? :p

Dio

Banned
I totally want to get really drunk and play wipeout vr until I projectile vomit yeah

Well, Thumper moves super fucking fast and people aren't vomiting over that.

That being said, Zone Mode with imported music tracks like on PS3 would be a trip in VR. I remember importing tons of random electronic music from a USB thumbstick and playing it in Wipeout HD.

Dovahking

2878271-8745018863-62546.jpg

That being said, Zone Mode with imported music tracks like on PS3 would be a trip in VR. I remember importing tons of random electronic music from a USB thumbstick and playing it in Wipeout HD.

I keep my PS3 around just for Zone mode. Syncopia, air brakes only. I'm not amazing, but I can pretty consistently get to zone 75 or so. It's so relaxing.

I thought that what Shinobi seems to hint was supposed to be unveiled earlier, but since that didn't happen and if it's PSX, fine by me.

MaDKaT

If you have a Vive(maybe Oculus as well) check out RedOut. Seems to be the closest thing to wipeout in VR.

Would love to see Wipeout return, even if just a PS4 compilation.

Came into this thread to say I remember shinobi saying some of the Wipeout games were getting a remaster. Then I see he posted here too. So yeah.

:D

That Shinobi post from last week doe.

We're gonna get another Wipeout I expect. And I expect it to be another pseudo-anthology, filled with tracks from previous games, which I'm totally okay with

I don't know how to tell you this but Evolution Studios is also dead.

Racing games are dying and it feels bad man.

I used to be drowning in futuristic and arcade racers. Now the former has become practically obsolete and the latter increasingly so.

GAF had it's own soundtrack for Wipeout on the PS3 with all the tracks on it made by Gaffers.

A lovely time it was.

Glix

2048 is the best portable racing game EVER.

Was just playing this morning actually, game never ever gets old.

WIPEOUT VR IN MY DREAMS!

Top Bottom