• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are we ever going to get an HD Megaman X collection?!

So Megaman X is going to turn 25 next year and I was hoping that Capcom would get off its ass and make a collection like they do with Megaman proper for its 15 year anniversary on PS4 or PC. Are there any plans for this? I would love to replay 1, 2, 4, and 5 again in HD and maybe a few additions if they decide to do that along with 8 (which I still haven't played) and eventually a 9.

It's so infuriating I want to go back and replay some of these games but I really don't feel like plugging in my PS3 (which I put away in my storage unit) and putting in the original X collection. I want new updated ones that I can use.

I haven't heard of anything, but I don't follow the hardcore gaming scene that much anymore and if there are any rumblings about one being in the works, I would love some info on it.

FiveSide

Banned
I will gladly eat a murder of crows if this doesn't happen in the next year.

With the Mega Man Legacy Collections and Capcom's current focus on reissuing catalogue titles, it would have to be a deliberate troll of the fanbase for this not to happen.

Sylas

I'd rather Capcom not touch the X series given how many weird things I heard about the Megaman collections. I'd doubly hope they don't try and remaster them. They'd bust it up like they did Maverick Hunter (as someone that likes Maverick Hunter).

NoKisum

Wasn't X the subseries that Inafune was in charge of?

Doesn't Capcom still hate Inafune?

You'll find your answer to possibility of a HD MMX Collection after answering those.

SeanTSC

I just hope whoever they get to do the MMX Collection makes sure to put in Command Mission.

You hear that devs: PUT IN MEGAMAN X COMMAND MISSION.

Ports worth begging for.

Verder

yo i would pay for all of them

a MEGA X collection featuring all of them from 1-8
and they best not forget command mission ( such a sleeper hit that was soooooo good back in the day)
for switch.

edit-
I just hope whoever they get to do the MMX Collection makes sure to put in Command Mission.

You hear that devs: PUT IN MEGAMAN X COMMAND MISSION.

Ports worth begging for.

THIS MAN KNOWS WHATS GOOD CAP

kc44135

I'm sure we'll get it eventually. The only question is if it'll come out on Switch, after all capcpom.

I really do believe that Capcom simply expected Switch to be a failure (like it's predecessor), and as a result, simply didn't bother investing in ports for it. Now that's it's a success, they're testing the waters a bit before going all in. We'll see what happens, but I really do think we'll see plenty of Capcom Switch support soon. There's plenty of potential profits in it, and Capcom loves $$$. :)

kc44135

So when do I get my Lost Planet and Lost Planet 2 remasters?! :(

Probably very soon, actually. Capcom is just about done porting over their last-gen catalog, and the Lost Planet series is the only notable exception (or at least, it's the only exception that was received halfway decently). That, and DMC HD Collection, I suppose (if we're counting remasters).

Mega man Legacy collection 2 demonstrates that they have the means (given it emulates both snes and ps1 titles) so it is probably just a matter of time.

120v

OG mega man collection just wrapped up. no worries, X is up next. i'm positive

question is how they'll divide it up. probably won't include all games and i'm sure that'll piss everybody off

Daouzin

We better!

MMX Collection One can include

MMX 1-4 and Maverick Hunter

So we can get a 2nd collection with

MMX 5-8 with Command Mission

However, 5-8 are so weak they might have to stick Maverick Hunter with the 2nd Collection.

OG mega man collection just wrapped up. no worries, X is up next. i'm positive

question is how they'll divide it up. probably won't include all games and i'm sure that'll piss everybody off

I wouldn't bother me if they divided it up how I mentioned it.

If it's just standard X1-X4 and X5-X8 I can see a lot of people passing on the 2nd collection.

StarPhlox

A collection of all the X games (well 1-8 and not Command Mission or Xtreme 1/2) seems just about guaranteed for XBO/PS4/PC/Switch and probably within a year. I'll buy anything remotely related to the X series (minus MVC: Infinite)

I really do believe that Capcom simply expected Switch to be a failure (like it's predecessor), and as a result, simply didn't bother investing in ports for it. Now that's it's a success, they're testing the waters a bit before going all in. We'll see what happens, but I really do think we'll see plenty of Capcom Switch support soon. There's plenty of potential profits in it, and Capcom loves $$$. :)

Hopefully we start seeing the results early next year.

120v

I wouldn't bother me if they divided it up how I mentioned it.

If it's just standard X1-X4 and X5-X8 I can see a lot of people passing on the 2nd collection.

that's the thing, with the unpopularity of the post X4 games i'm unsure collection 1 would be anything other than the first 3 games. and i'm not sure they'd include command mission to sweeten the deal since it's another animal, but maybe

i'd be down with it. X4 was a different "era" and X5 was decent. but there's going to be a lot of whining however it plays out i'm sure

aadiboy

They don't need to divide it up though. They only did it for the classic collections because Digital Eclipse's goal was just to remaster NES games, which is why they did the Disney Afternoon Collection next. Just put all the X games on one disc. Why do people want to think of more ways for companies to nickel and dime them?

Daouzin

They don't need to divide it up though. They only did it for the classic collections because Digital Eclipse's goal was just to remaster NES games, which is why they did the Disney Afternoon Collection next. Just put all the X games on one disc. Why do people want to think of more ways for companies to nickel and dime them?

That's fair, but I think we all expect them to nickel and dime us so it's best to think of ways where we'd find it acceptable.

I also never got around to playing Command Mission so being able to play it on modern consoles would be FIRE.

Patience. Hate to say it but the new MVC will be the test for MMX love

Hell my little bro just sent me news that they're making X and Sigma pops

Opa-Pa

Honest, I think it's just a matter of when now. I had no idea we were so close to the 25th anniversary though, then next year sounds like a no brainer.

Wasn't X the subseries that Inafune was in charge of?

Doesn't Capcom still hate Inafune?

You'll find your answer to possibility of a HD MMX Collection after answering those.

I'm pretty sure Inafune was responsible for pushing for almost every Mega Man-related project ever, so I don't know.

It will probably happen. Just a matter of time.

Personally, I just hope against hope we see the SNES version of X3 this time around, unlike X collection. Not a fan of the PS1 anime cinematics.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
When it comes to Capcom and ports/remasters/remakes/collections, the question isn't if, it's when.

I feel like that's the case if it's MT framework and later. Where's the original resident evil trilogy, or Dino crisis, or onimusha?

apotema

I hope they release them as the originals intended to be.... and hopefully, this time with a platinum trophy

Link1110

And they better have a preorder bonus if a BURN TO THE GROUND ringtone
wouldn't be as annoying as the Samsung whistle ringtone

Or why not a chill penguin ringtone (sorry, another company already did that and somehow managed to not get sued)

Top Bottom