• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you a fan of 2v2 mode in MW?

Is 2v2 mode a positive addition to COD?

• Yes

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 54.3%

• Total voters
I've been playing the Alpha for the last 2 days and have been a big fan of this new mode. However, when I look on a lot of FB comments of media about the game I see people hating on it. Sometimes the negative people are more outspoken. So I ask, are you a fan?

rubhen925

I'm enjoying it a lot. But my favourite mode is usually domination or kill confirmed. This mode can be adrenaline inducing though. Had some really insane comebacks in this mode.

Thabass

Yes. Would love to see this more in eSports, but I like playing it a lot. That said, I'll play more TDM / Deathmatch and other stuff though.

Saber

Gold Member
Not a fan, but after watching is not that bad.

But I would prefer the good team one, with more objectives and less about killing.

Roufianos

It's alright. I could definitely see myself playing it occasionally with a friend. I couldn't play it for hours on end though, there's no real rhythm to it.

-Arcadia-

Banned
It almost seems like a CoD version of a paintball arena. I really like the level design on this minuscule scale, and all the opportunities for cover and clever gunplay.

I don’t think it’ll replace the normal modes fans love, or anything, but it could be a fun way for you and a friend (randoms will make this mode awful) to prove yourself as a duo in a strictly competitive setting.

Last edited:

Caffeine

as I was saying in the other thread I kinda just see it as something u wake up to and play a few warmup rounds on and then go play whatever game mode you like.

Lol hours later I come back to this thread and it's 50/50. I guess I can see both sides. I love it right now and think it's fun to be tactical about it, but I imagine for most it will get lost in the other big game modes. And it looks like there will be a ton of them if leaks are correct.

But for now, I love it.

Meted

MW3 was the only other cod with this game mode (Faceoff they called it) IIRC. played the shit out of it with my brother and we would win at least 90% of our matches

Kagey K

Banned
Couldn’t tell you as Activision gated everyone out of it. They obviously don’t want to make it a main mode in the full game.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I don't get why they show so much gunfight with this game. It has never been the most popular game type, and it has become very boresome to look at at this point. Show some domination or the game mode with many players instead.

johntown

Banned
Don’t care for 2v2 or 3v3. I prefer teams of 6 or more. I like to play with friends and not just one or two as I usually have more than 1 or 2 friends that want to play.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I have been having fun with it. To me, it’s a very “honest” mode. No perks, add-one, kill streaks, same weapons (depending on the mode). It allows you to see how you’d stack up if you had nowhere to run and hide and nothing artificial.

It makes you get good with weapons you might not want to use and makes you think strategy more.

I’m a fan. Won’t likely play it much if my friends are online and playing other modes.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Too fast paced for me being an older gamer 50+.

I prefer "hunting" my targets and moving slow.

Prefer not getting shot at as soon as a match starts.

Top Bottom